I want to be a dragon

If they are in the game I'd love for them to be highly intelligent characters instead of just loot chests.

They were intelligent and very hard to fight in BG2. I think they were very well done there.

Right. I just like when you have actual conversations with them and possibly don't even have to kill them. Dragons are usually some of the oldest beings in the universes they are in (not counting immortal gods, demi-gods, etc.) and so I always found the idea they're just mindless killing beasts in so many games to be very odd. If anything I would think their years of experience and intelligence would make them do something a little more smart. For example, even if the dragon is evil perhaps he'd try to manipulate your average treasure hunter to serve him instead of outright killing him. But yes, I like how they were done in Baldur's Gate 2 as well.

Edited by Coincidence

53vfdj.jpg

How about a Cthulhu-esque creature instead of a dragon? Could even battle it at sea.

cthulhu.jpg

Cthulhu is the most terrifying monster in mythology and I'm sure I read somewhere they want to give PE a Lovecraft-esque feel.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

Dragons in Baldur's Gate 2 were a real challenge, even on easiest difficulty you had to prepare or otherwise you would be dead meat. I'd love to have them in PE or be able to be one.

That sir, is because you did not know the trick of stacking Cloud Kill from wands/spells while being in the "fog of war".

Edited by The Mist Devil

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

How about a Cthulhu-esque creature instead of a dragon? Could even battle it at sea.

cthulhu.jpg

Cthulhu is the most terrifying monster in mythology and I'm sure I read somewhere they want to give PE a Lovecraft-esque feel.

Yog-Sothoth is better than Cthulhu in my opinion. But yeah, I'd love a Lovecraftian type of creature somewhere.

• Like 1

53vfdj.jpg

Why also dragons? We already have Elves, Dwarves and Humans ... let OE be a bit more creative. There's alot of games of dragons. Let the developers do their thing. And while waiting for the release of the actual game you can play more or less recent "dragon games" like Skyrim, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, Dragon's Dogma etc ... if the released game has dragons then, play it, if not, leave it.

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

cthulhu.jpg

Actually no they didn't.

During the stream of their closeout party, somebody asked them about Chthulhu inspired creatures and tone and JE Sawyer said there might be some influences in places that are meant to be terrifying, but that there wouldn't be a Lovecraftian tone to the overall game.

I just realized that this *could* be a trolling thread...

tumblr_lm5hqd7KPy1qk6wp4o1_500.png

Sorry for quoting myself, but I can't see the image anymore and since this forum doesn't support edits after a certain span of time... had to quote to fix it...

Can we please get back to talking 'bout the merits of romance-able companions in the game?

But that's already on-topic. Obsidian said that players can romance all the dragons in the game. :mellow: It was official! On the stream!

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I'd prefer giant ooze monsters like the Kerflufflepuppyguppy, or however it's spelled.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

I've always wanted to see a story where dragons are given their due. Gigantic behemoths with so much weight they can barely move. I think we've explored vicious dragons enough. I want dragons that are basically gigantic scaled cows. A little more dangerous than a charging elephant.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Forget transformation, Dragons should be a fully playable 7th race.

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

I would like to see a single dragon in the game in some distant corner of the world, tied with some optional quests. They are a favorite classic for a reason. But it needs to be done right, make it a massively powerful, intelligent, and complex creature with its own goals. And attacking it should be only a valid option if you are on the high end of the power-curve in the game. And it should use flight effectively in combat, this is almost never done well, and really would be the dragons most devastating advantage in combat.

Oh, and no player dragons for goodness sake, that is campaign ruining nonsense! That would only work if the entire premise of the game is designed around it (Temeraire based isometric RPG? Yes please!).

Yog-Sothoth is better than Cthulhu in my opinion. But yeah, I'd love a Lovecraftian type of creature somewhere.

Forget those two, I want to fight something that looks like Grant Grant from Slither.

Edited by Tale
I don't think we need the image.

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

I want to ride a dragon...but not in PE, I'll wait for the next DLC for Skyrim, maybe it'll come true...

Vox: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me Vox

Are you ... like a crazy person?

Vox: I’m quite sure they will say so.

Mmmm..... I love the dragon designs in How to Train Your Dragon. It's like dragon sub races almost, each one has a different appearance, instead of just changing the color of them. While the dragons were interesting in BG2, they all looked exactly alike, except for the color.

I want to ride a dragon...but not in PE, I'll wait for the next DLC for Skyrim, maybe it'll come true...

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I've always wanted to see a story where dragons are given their due. Gigantic behemoths with so much weight they can barely move. I think we've explored vicious dragons enough. I want dragons that are basically gigantic scaled cows. A little more dangerous than a charging elephant.

You just made me think of a brontosaurus with wings.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)