I never actually liked the Facebook "likes" setup. Obsidian gets nothing in the way of actual resources for the added levels, which means any new levels are resource drains instead. As much as the optional mega-dungeon is interesting to me, I really don't like the idea of leeching off development from anywhere else to make the high number of levels happen--feels parasitic. It's not like the Facebook likes equate to actual backers. :ermm:

Granted, if it's a pretty basic dungeon crawl without the excellent level-by-level narrative of Durlag's Keep, I guess that's manageable, but I'd also be disappointed...

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I think an interesting take on the dungeon could involve multiple underground "societies"- each carving out an existence on multiple floors. This way floor 13, 14 and so on don't just feel like the same theme dragging on.

Another alternative would be to have several levels of the dungeon be for a range of character levels, let's say PC level 4-6, then the next area of the dungeon would be like PC levels 8-10, so that you would be expected to return on several occasions rather than beat the whole dungeon in one sitting (which could be exhausting, given how many levels it has as-is...)

I also agree that adding yet another layer to this would only draw resources away from other endeavors with minimal results. Frankly, I'd rather just let OE do their business with the tremendous amount of content we are already expecting from them.

• Like 1
vaultdweller.jpg

I think an interesting take on the dungeon could involve multiple underground "societies"- each carving out an existence on multiple floors. This way floor 13, 14 and so on don't just feel like the same theme dragging on.

Another alternative would be to have several levels of the dungeon be for a range of character levels, let's say PC level 4-6, then the next area of the dungeon would be like PC levels 8-10, so that you would be expected to return on several occasions rather than beat the whole dungeon in one sitting (which could be exhausting, given how many levels it has as-is...)

I also agree that adding yet another layer to this would only draw resources away from other endeavors with minimal results. Frankly, I'd rather just let OE do their business with the tremendous amount of content we are already expecting from them.

Yes, I totally agree with the monsters in the levels. And the fact that we need to reach level 16 (I hope he is the last in the plans of developers). =)

I never actually liked the Facebook "likes" setup. Obsidian gets nothing in the way of actual resources for the added levels, which means any new levels are resource drains instead. As much as the optional mega-dungeon is interesting to me, I really don't like the idea of leeching off development from anywhere else to make the high number of levels happen--feels parasitic. It's not like the Facebook likes equate to actual backers. :ermm:

Granted, if it's a pretty basic dungeon crawl without the excellent level-by-level narrative of Durlag's Keep, I guess that's manageable, but I'd also be disappointed...

actually the likes thing during the kickstarter was smart. It was a way of getting the word out and spreading it virally to other people and in turn the hope is that it would collect more backers because of it. Also it only ended up adding to one more level to the dungeon and therefore i am sure that the amount of resources used to make one level isnt going to break the bank

With all the stretch goals, added content and stuff, specially the 14 levels (excluding Facebook). I'd be surprised if Obsidian manages to make a game within 18 months, if their primary goal was to fit in 100% of what they thought was enough (1.1M) within 18 months they got (~about) 120-130% to fit within 18 months now.

Why Facebook is important? It'll;

A, Obsidian will move up the popularity queue, Google will show their company before others (with less Facebook likes) and other search functions on the internet.

B, For future games, Obsidian will have more people/consumers (which is a resource in itself)

Overall, Facebook is important because of long term futuristic goals for Obsidian as a company. And if they get to 40k within the time-frame they have set up and we get dungeon level 16, I feel it appropriate that Obsidian would take more time. I hope that they take more time anyways, I'd say/guess we are looking at 22-24 months currently with all the content they got as of now *shrug* though I have no idea really, I just now that games usually go overdue with their release dates (only 1 month or 2 though). I wouldn't mind if it took 3 years to create P:E to be honest :D more time developing = more polished/closer to the unattainable perfection, in my book.

• Like 2

With all the stretch goals, added content and stuff, specially the 14 levels (excluding Facebook). I'd be surprised if Obsidian manages to make a game within 18 months, if their primary goal was to fit in 100% of what they thought was enough (1.1M) within 18 months they got (~about) 120-130% to fit within 18 months now.

Why Facebook is important? It'll;

A, Obsidian will move up the popularity queue, Google will show their company before others (with less Facebook likes) and other search functions on the internet.

B, For future games, Obsidian will have more people/consumers (which is a resource in itself)

Overall, Facebook is important because of long term futuristic goals for Obsidian as a company. And if they get to 40k within the time-frame they have set up and we get dungeon level 16, I feel it appropriate that Obsidian would take more time. I hope that they take more time anyways, I'd say/guess we are looking at 22-24 months currently with all the content they got as of now *shrug* though I have no idea really, I just now that games usually go overdue with their release dates (only 1 month or 2 though). I wouldn't mind if it took 3 years to create P:E to be honest :D more time developing = more polished/closer to the unattainable perfection, in my book.

Well said =)

I only like numbers that are divisible by 20,000.

So hopefully they will put in at least 20,000 levels if not 40,000.

I blame it on 20,000 leagues under the sea...that book has ruined my budgeting skills.

I hope you have understood correctly =)

Would be nice if only a little bit more than half of the people who backed on kickstarter would also like on fb. Wasn't that announced there aswell? With them we easily should have already reached the 40k.

I am also no big fan of facebook and or liking something but I did for the sake of the game. Actually this is my one and only like at all.

I think there is no big difference between the already existing workload and the one just adding one level more. :-)