4 Mil Stretch Goal Hit, Hire Malukah?

God no, I can no stand the woman (Malukah) she can not sing to save her life, if she puts a single foot near this project I will freak out!

Anyway, Eternity already has it's own bard and unlike that woman he can actually sing.

Thought I'd check him out for a laugh: he's actually pretty good. And I bet he'll be cheap (free?) so will mean more akkers going to t' game.

:cat:

Edit. For t'northerners 'mong ya should read 'akkers going t'game' - soz. :unsure:

Edited by Dangermouth

"People dislike the popular because it's crap"

"HTH. Because it means I can talk down to you some more."

"I can do you a quote a day, but you'll have to pay. Preferably with suicide."

"You want original? Why? It's not as though that's ever touched your life before."

"A woman scorned is a fun thing. Let's boogie."

Yea - the theatrics are a little over the top. Let's just say I would listen to Lindsey Stirling playing the violin, but wouldn't pay to see a live show. It's just a little too much.

I've actually seen a video of her performing live . . she is just as good. She really can play that well while danging and even doing that Limbo thing she does.

I really liked this recent collab for Guild wars 2. I thought her voice sounded alot, warmer, than other songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za1OSyPchbg

You are absolutely right. They should hire Asja. You know, the one who sang the original song which was INFINITELY better than Malukah's cover?

I'm sick of Malukah. She's everywhere, but she's not even that great a singer. I liked The Dragonborn Comes, but not the rest of her covers. Age of Aggression was particularly awful because this song needs passion and her rendition was too mellow.

I don't want her in Project Eternity, if they hired her I'd do whatever was necessary to remove her voice from the game. There are so many less controversial artists out there, why not choose one of them?

This thread is the first I've heard of any "controversy" with her. I've heard nothing but good things till now.

Basically what we're learning form this thread is that people have a strong aversion to everything that's popular. Nothing new here in the world of elitism.

That's because they are not so special. They are just good looking girls who covered some game music, which then made nerds go crazy about them. OMG GAMERRR GURRLLZZZ!! There are much more talented people out there who have something more to show for themselves than 100,000 YouTube subscribers.

Lindsey doesn't need to do gaming covers to be awesome. Most of her stuff isn't gaming covers actually. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf6LD2B_kDQ

That's a very wet gorgeous woman who knows how to play violin really well while moving all over the place (yes, I've seen her do it live in front of a crowd).

You're argument is invalid. :-P

• Like 1

Sadly, I'm not surprised people want someone who made terrible covers of terrible music from a terrible game to be involved with this game.

In short, **** off with this bull****.

Yeah, it's a shame Skyrim sucked. Before it came out I was expecting it to be at the top or near the top on everyone's "Game of the Year" lists. I mean, if everyone in media was calling it the game of the year, it'd be pretty silly to call it a terrible game . . . but noooo . . . no one did anything of the sort.

For some reason you think these people charge (insane) amounts of money. I'd argue they'd be the cheap option.

And the funny thing is I don't think so. They would probably do it pretty cheap to get yet more subscribers, but probably still more than some real professionals if they decide to order whole score from same group.

I want to stress that under no circumstances would I advocate for them to actually write the music.

Also we're not just talking about the soundtrack here. You will have a hard time convincing me that 30 Seconds To Mars connection with the trailer/promotion for DA:O detracted from the game. I doubt they are the cheapest and most talented option... but I think it worked great. (cue a million posts of 30STM haters missing the point)

DA:O promotion campaign? Now I honestly think you are just trolling here.

That was the most ridiculous fantasy-RPG trailer I had ever seen and I actually doubted after seeing that campaign if the game was for me after all. Marilyn Manson screaming THIS IS THE NEW S***! over that other trailer pushed the bar even lower. Those trailers made me wait for few days before buying just to get confirmation that neither of those artists performed on actual soundtrack.

Oh, the horrible memories. And I like 30 Seconds to Mars by the way.

I hope that didn't discourage you from playing DA:O. 2nd favorite game of all time.

I think at $4mil Obsidian should hire Apocalyptica instead. Yeeeahhh. Far more epic, vast, reaching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJumvqm0qqo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Bleaargh. Seeing the OP made me want to be very rude. I suppose questioning the taste of anyone who thinks Malukah is great gets me nowhere, the temptation remains though... So I'll just HINT at it.

From the pieces of music introduced through the Kickstarter, I'm sure that this project is in good hands musically. Orchestral and instrumental music are the safest AND the best bet when it comes to game soundtracks. Theme songs in english just have a high risk of ending up embarrasing and unimmersive. Skyrim has a pretty good soundtrack but hearing those damn embarrasing tavern songs just makes me mute the whole game until I can tell the bards to shut the **** up.

I don't really care if people enjoy Malukah. As long as I don't have to be subjected to her ****.

Yeah. My objective opinions, but this thread has no value beyond voicing them.

Lindsey doesn't need to do gaming covers to be awesome. Most of her stuff isn't gaming covers actually. For example:

That's a very wet gorgeous woman who knows how to play violin really well while moving all over the place (yes, I've seen her do it live in front of a crowd).

you posted a flippin' DUBSTEP video. Your argument is invalid.

Now here's a girl off of Youtube! I think she could pull it off for Eternity!

justin-bieber-m.jpg

• Like 1

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog

erhmm...

I do not even know where to start...

Do you really think that a celebrity can do better than a pro-orchestra musician?

Well, maybe you want people like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPrQndK-h2g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stGtcuojkx4&feature=related

TBH, Youtube is ok, but I have yet to see something, THAT IS NOT a cover of already a grand track, and what would blow my mind off...

Also, celebrities tend to take a more money than their work is worth, just because they ARE... Among the celebrities there are not many that actually earned their recognition by talent, most do by looks/shoehorning by publisher, and coupled with some skill...

Edited by Darkpriest

This thread is the first I've heard of any "controversy" with her. I've heard nothing but good things till now.

I take it you didn't visit Skyrim General at Bethsoft forums in that dreadful time when 8 new threads about Malukah were created every day? ;)

I take it you didn't visit Skyrim General at Bethsoft forums in that dreadful time when 8 new threads about Malukah were created every day? ;)

What is Skyrim?

Prison talk for a really good rimjob.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Yeah, it's a shame Skyrim sucked. Before it came out I was expecting it to be at the top or near the top on everyone's "Game of the Year" lists. I mean, if everyone in media was calling it the game of the year, it'd be pretty silly to call it a terrible game . . . but noooo . . . no one did anything of the sort.

Yeah, I have backed PE precisely because I care about opinions of gaming journalists... oh wait.

Say no to popamole!

Basically what we're learning form this thread is that people have a strong aversion to everything that's popular. Nothing new here in the world of elitism.

That's because they are not so special. They are just good looking girls who covered some game music, which then made nerds go crazy about them. OMG GAMERRR GURRLLZZZ!! There are much more talented people out there who have something more to show for themselves than 100,000 YouTube subscribers.

THIS!!! PE needs A LOT of this right here.

1zq6793.jpg

THIS!!! PE needs A LOT of this right here.

If you want very wet gorgeous woman go to REDTUBE... Leave the music to musicians, who are pro at that and have their own track record of really good pieces...

If you want very wet gorgeous woman go to REDTUBE... Leave the music to musicians, who are pro at that and have their own track record of really good pieces...

Shush....nobody is a more pro musician than that woman. You're the one thinking of redtube here, not me. I am merely thinking of what's best for PE.

1zq6793.jpg

Shush....nobody is a more pro musician than that woman. You're the one thinking of redtube here, not me. I am merely thinking of what's best for PE.

Assuming you aren't trolling, I actually like some of her music and yet I still know having Violin Dubstep in PE would be ****ing stupid. Almost as bad as having screamo or death metal.

If you want to listen to her so much, turn down the music and then run a secondary program in the background with the music you want.

Assuming you aren't trolling, I actually like some of her music and yet I still know having Violin Dubstep in PE would be ****ing stupid. Almost as bad as having screamo or death metal.

If you want to listen to her so much, turn down the music and then run a secondary program in the background with the music you want.

No I'm not trolling. I also don't think it's stupid for the game.....not everywhere all the time mind you but there are certain to be bits where it fits quite nicely.

1zq6793.jpg

No I'm not trolling. I also don't think it's stupid for the game.....not everywhere all the time mind you but there are certain to be bits where it fits quite nicely.

Can you give me a good example of where Violin Dubstep would be placed within the game...

Seriously, unless I will hear something of similar quality of own interpretation of the classical music at at least this kind of level as the video below, the youtube celebrities should stay as far away from this title as possible...