4 Mil Stretch Goal Hit, Hire Malukah?

So they hit the 4 million mark, which means we're getting live orchestal music with what I am sure is going to be an awesome game that I am very pumped for. In all honesty, the only other game I've been more pumped for is Skyrim. I think Obsidian and Bethesda have a good relationship so I don't feel bad mentioning a competitor.

Speaking of Skyrim, remember Malukah? She put out a great . . no . . amazing cover of "Dragonborn Comes". Remember how much the internet flipped over that? They loved it.

Would it not be great for not only Malulah, whose voice I think it at the very least if I'm being pessimistic is good enough to warrant appearing in a game, but also publicity for Obsidian, if they hired her to do some sort of work for Project Eternity? I'm not impling it needs to be a fully companion character (though I wouldn't be opposed to it, depending on her acting skills) but even if they had her sing to a single track the internet would spread that word around and bring even more popularity to Project Eternity, and Maluka would benefit from the exposure.

To me, it's a win\win. What do you think?

• Like 11

Nah. Let Obsidian choose who they will and compose what they believe is appropriate for Project Eternity. Too many "HIRE THIS PERSON!!" stuff.

• Like 22

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Nah. Let Obsidian choose who they will and compose what they believe is appropriate for Project Eternity. Too many "HIRE THIS PERSON!!" stuff.

Well of course let them choose, I'm not suggesting otherwise. I'm merely pointing out a pretty good option. I apologize, but I was unaware of any other calls for singing voice talent that would make the pool too crowded.

• Like 2

I don't have any names in mind, but I would like the music to be some sort of cross between the epicness of Baldur's Gate and the Eeriness of Planescape: Torment.

• Like 3

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

You only have to visit her site and listen to her voice to see that she would be an awesome fit.

• Like 3

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

It's not for any of us to decide "fit."

There are MANY awesome "local" artists out there who could potentially fit. But short of Obsidian throwing an open audition or something, encouraging threads like these just generally seem, well.... (And I'm far more interested in instrumental than vocals, unless the vocals have no words, when it comes to games.)

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

There are MANY awesome "local" artists out there who could potentially fit. But short of Obsidian throwing an open audition or something, encouraging threads like these just generally seem, well.... (And I'm far more interested in instrumental than vocals, unless the vocals have no words, when it comes to games.)

Generally seem . . . what?

Don't get me wrong, I think most of it should be instrumental. I think of Dragon Age in that regard. However for all the great instrumental music in that game, the opening sequence with that amazing female voice is what sticks with me the most.

That said, my argument extended well beyond her talents. You can find plenty of talented artists, no question. The point was that she has a following in the gaming community, and thus an announcement that she is joining the team, regardless of capacity, would be a boon for Project Eternity.

Edited by HonestDiscussioner
  • Like 2

I think she may be suitable for a one time thing, but I believe orchestral music would essentially entail a large group of musicians and vocalists. It would be a shame for her voice to get lost in a choir. In game music usually is low on lyrics, especially of a solo nature. Plus, it entirely depends on the direction the music will take, to see if she is a "fit".

Then again, she can just do covers when the game is out and continue to rise in fame. Time will tell, I guess.

• Like 3

Screw you Firedorn!

Never rub another man's rhubarb

I think what I like most about her is the haunting, unique quality of her voice. I'm sure there are other singers who would also do wonderfully, but when I think of it, only Malukah comes to mind for me. So for me, I think she would be wonderful to use for a thematic trailer or something similar, maybe ending credits

Edited by Sugarjaye
  • Like 2

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

Speking local artists for Obsidian, Lindsey Stirling has made some best video game covers what I have seen.

But this is not any suggestion or demand, but something that come mind when I saw Ieo's post.

If i could have sound at work, i'd listen.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

Speking local artists for Obsidian, Lindsey Stirling has made some best video game covers what I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLPH9d-jsI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KUyPKbR7Q&feature=related

But this is not any suggestion or demand, but something that come mind when I saw Ieo's post.

Oh dammit don't bring Lindsey into this, I can only deal with so much sexy at one time. Yes, she's great, but what makes her great is her look, her editing, and her dancing in combination with her violin. Other than publicity I don't see what she'd bring . . unless they pulled a Felcia Day and modeled a game character after her . . . then my girlfriend may have to break up with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLPH9d-jsI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KUyPKbR7Q&feature=related

I think she may be suitable for a one time thing, but I believe orchestral music would essentially entail a large group of musicians and vocalists. It would be a shame for her voice to get lost in a choir. In game music usually is low on lyrics, especially of a solo nature. Plus, it entirely depends on the direction the music will take, to see if she is a "fit".

Then again, she can just do covers when the game is out and continue to rise in fame. Time will tell, I guess.

Again, I'll reference Dragon Age: Origins. The woman who sang the opening theme to that game still haunts my dreams, and I'd have it no other way. There's room for a soloist, at least for the opening.

• Like 1

God no, I can no stand the woman (Malukah) she can not sing to save her life, if she puts a single foot near this project I will freak out!

Anyway, Eternity already has it's own bard and unlike that woman he can actually sing.

Edited by Aedelric
  • Like 3

I really liked this recent collab for Guild wars 2. I thought her voice sounded alot, warmer, than other songs.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

Lol, I just admire their creativity.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

Why is it that when I see Cosplay / grown people wearing elf ears I feel the need to pull the pin from a grenade?

Maybe you just really like grenades, and pins, and pulling?

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I suggest Justin Bieber and Rihanna sing duet in the main theme of Project Eternity.

I usually don't think musical numbers fit into games very well. For example Lelianna's Song in DA:O came so out of blue I almost laughed. It just felt stupid. Only place I could think would be fit for solo singing is in game credits or during montage sequences, which I highly doubt we'll see in PE. Bards in Skyrim were also ok.

And no singing in English! I don't know why, but I cannot stand it in fantasy games. It has to be done in some fictional language.

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg