Where should Endless Paths (the mega dungeon) draw its inspiration from?

I don't know about you, but for most others it does not take significant "resources" to just THINK A LITTLE when you create a dungeon.

They're talking about designing and programming a working dungeon-based ecosystem. That sounds pretty significant to me.

Unless I'm just looking at this completely the wrong way.

This degree of oversimulation isn't necessary. It's just things like, if you put in a level that's supposedly been sealed for 3000 years, it shouldn't be populated by anything that isn't immortal. Likewise, if you have a level with creatures supposedly living there, then either you need water and some kind of food source, or they need an exit to the surface where they can go out and find said water and food. It's really not that complicated.

What bugs me is when you have three sequential rooms, one occupied by kobolds, one with a displacer beast, and the last one a hell hound. It just doesn't add up.

• Like 2

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

Tartarus from Persona 3, maybe. Maybe every floor being like a Tartarus block, seems like something that could be really cool and it would work as an isometric thing.

The Wizardry series also had some cool dungeons.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love if they would implement something "lovecraftian" into the endless paths... mystical and moody.. maybe with lots of strange writings on walls, cults, an elder evil lurking in the deepest depths, etc. .. Well, at least no demon and no dragon, please!!! Also it would be great if that "evil" could kinda control or possess party members once in a while to prevent you from descending..

Cyphre's Companions Pack v0.75.2 | Cyphre's Dual-Wieldable Flails & Heavy Flails v1.2 | Cyphre's PrC Pack v0.75 | Cyphre's Remove Annoying Effects Extension (Tortoise Shell) v1.0

1equwd7qnahnqayd4y2s7xk.jpg

"O, the life of the Druid is the life of the land.

We are one with the dark earth on which we proudly stand.

One with the Mother who has suckled us from birth,

Her streams and her rivers, we are one with the earth;

One with the Father, whose oak supports the sky,

Who gazes on us daily with his great, immortal Eye..."