If there was only one RPG to be saved in the world I would choose.....

I'd choose:

1. Chrono Trigger, hands down

2. Gothic 2

3. not sure...

easy: mass effect 2, it has the best dialogs and characters in the history of gaming in my opinion, and at least for me that is the most important thing in an rpg

Personally, I don't think ME2 qualifies as an RPG. It's a 3rd person shooter with some slight RPG elements.

It gives you a character that you can customize the ideals, motivations, personality etc. of. Role-playing games only need the ability for you to role-play a character for it to considered part of the genre; as the title makes explicit.

On-topic: Dragon Age Origins.

Edited by Gibbscape_Torment

I'd choose:

1. Chrono Trigger, hands down

2. Gothic 2

3. not sure...

easy: mass effect 2, it has the best dialogs and characters in the history of gaming in my opinion, and at least for me that is the most important thing in an rpg

Personally, I don't think ME2 qualifies as an RPG. It's a 3rd person shooter with some slight RPG elements.

It gives you a character that you can customize the ideals, motivations, personality etc. of. Role-playing games only need the ability for you to role-play a character for it to considered part of the genre; as the title makes explicit.

Sheppard has a personality, motivation and ideals? And how are they customizable? The game is a rail-road.

"Personally, I don't think ME2 qualifies as an RPG. It's a 3rd person shooter with some slight RPG elements."

It's an Action RPG just like BL.

"Sheppard has a personality, motivation and ideals?"

Yes.

"And how are they customizable?"

Quite a bit. How you react to different situations is up to the player and your chocies effect how others react to you.

"The game is a rail-road. "

A lot less than other popular so called RPGs. *cough* GB games *cough* BG series *cough*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'd have to agree with FF7. I put so many .... hours.. into that one. Was hoping SE would remake it for ps3... that would have been incredible. :geek:

They re-released it on the pc with a lot of enhancements to the game, just this year.

And I wouldn't save any of them. I don't think I've come across that one rpg that pretty much tells me there's nothing left to look forward to in rpgs anymore. And until I do play that 'one'... I'll just keep on hoping it gets made sometime in my life time.

Edited by Loranc

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

"Sheppard has a personality, motivation and ideals?"

Yes.

"And how are they customizable?"

Quite a bit. How you react to different situations is up to the player and your chocies effect how others react to you.

"The game is a rail-road. "

A lot less than other popular so called RPGs. *cough* GB games *cough* BG series *cough*

Nobody reacts differently beyond the current conversation. And I still don't know why he reacts the way he does. So no definition of personality or motivations or his ideals. And no, ME2 and 3 are one big ****ing straight rail road.

But whatever, screw that, right? Head canon is best! :getlost:

Edited by kenup

Now? .. IWD

~ April 2014? .. certainly Project Eternity :p !!!

Cyphre's Companions Pack v0.75.2 | Cyphre's Dual-Wieldable Flails & Heavy Flails v1.2 | Cyphre's PrC Pack v0.75 | Cyphre's Remove Annoying Effects Extension (Tortoise Shell) v1.0

1equwd7qnahnqayd4y2s7xk.jpg

"O, the life of the Druid is the life of the land.

We are one with the dark earth on which we proudly stand.

One with the Mother who has suckled us from birth,

Her streams and her rivers, we are one with the earth;

One with the Father, whose oak supports the sky,

Who gazes on us daily with his great, immortal Eye..."

"Nobody reacts differently beyond the current conversation. And I still don't know why he reacts the way he does. So no definition of personality or motivations or his ideals. And no, ME2 and 3 are one big ****ing straight rail road.

But whatever, screw that, right? Head canon is best!"

You never played ME2, GB games, or BG. Therefore, you cannot into what a rpg is.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nier. It frustrates me how underrated this game is. The story is just amazing. Prob. the only good game that Square Enix has put out this gen that is actually good and a game that has become my #1 favorite. If I can save another, it would be Planescape. The characters and story's in both these games mean so much to me. I am particularly intrigued by the idea of souls and reincarnation in Eternity and I can just tell that this is a story that will likely rise above the rest in the medium and be one that will join the other two in my top fav. games of all time.

Undoubtably Planescape: Torment.

The Mass Effects are deffinately RPGs, they offer about as much choice as BG 1-2 , NWN 1-2, and KOTOR 1-2 do. The 'RPG mechanics' are certainly pretty light at least in 2 and 3 but there are plently of PnP RPGs that have very light systems and that doesn't make them any less RPGs.

If it counts, as it is somewhat multi-genre, then Deus Ex (original)! No other game has stuck with me as much as that besides FFVII which was also great. I love all the IE games and cherish them but for some reason the small details don't stay with me like they do for Deus Ex and FFVII... possibly because there is far more content.

God, what an era the latter 90s to very early 2000s was for RPGs and gaming in general.

Edited by Stuart

BGII. It's the game I've played the most times, is modable and has lots of exising mods, and generally offers replayability in the way many other RPGs don't.

As much as I loved Planescape: Torment, I think that the defined protaganist would make me not want to have it as my only RPG ever. I've enjoyed exploring the story of The Nameless One and taking different directions with it, but there are some character types I enjoy playing that I can't fit into that storyline.

DA2, with a note reading:"Don't copy it.". Just so future generations know what to not do.

I can't really choose from the good ones. ;(

LOL

it's a hard question, but I have to choose Fallout 2

I remember all dialogs when I had my skullcrusher low int char.

Fallout/Fallout 2 are my favorite games of all time.

• Like 1

Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!