If there was only one RPG to be saved in the world I would choose.....

Ultima 7. By such a margin that I didn't really have to ponder the question at all.

Ironic perhaps then, if the thread title is taken literally, since Origin apparently managed to lose the source code for it within months of the initial product release.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Wait...would Jagged Alliance 2 count as a RPG?

Of course it would, since it basically is an RPG! You play as a mercenary, follow a storyline, do quests, gain experience points, have loads of stats.. :)

For me it is very difficult to choose! I have several games in mind that remind me of an amazing experience; the Baldur's Gate trilogy, Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger...

Oh wait, don't forget about Pokémon Yellow, or Gold - since that game allowed players to return to that first region. :disguise: Golden Sun was great, too.

If I could only save one? Phantasy star online.

It wasn't perfect, but the combination of that eternal carrot on a stick, the sci-fi setting, the music, the secret quests. Still brings back some of my favorite gaming memories.

Man, I can't wait for the localized version of PSO2.

Gamer extraordinaire, Go enthusiast, Sentai fan, coffee connoisseur, hopeless romantic, Zen buddhist, terrible speller. At the same time.

I'd have to agree with FF7. I put so many .... hours.. into that one. Was hoping SE would remake it for ps3... that would have been incredible. :geek:

I think re-releasing that game looking prettier would've highlighted how bad a game it really is.

...Fallout 2. I'd rather shoot myself in the balls than have FF7 be the only RPG on earth x.x

Dragon Age II

Come on bro, don't jerk us around.

I'm dead serious, Dragon Age II was a very innovative game. It solved a countless array of problems, from boring things happening when a player pushes a button, to homophobic player companions, to unnecessarily complicated dialogue trees. I hope that Dragon Age III and Project Eternity both take this a step further, making conversations even more cinematic, adding potential LIs with a more inclusive range of sexual identities, and making the combat even more immersive.

Confirmed for volourn alt. Also your trolling is really obvious.

So what are we saving the RPGs from?

The unholly merger of EA and Activision-Blizzard.

Edited by mr.Ermac
  • Like 1

I can't choose between Arcanum, Planescape: Torment, or Skyrim.

If no more RPGs are going to be made, I want something with a ton of replayability and pretty scenery. (Okay, so the older games aren't as pretty, but they're both so interesting.)

*looks at her pile of RPGs* Actually, maybe I'll get back to you, I have a lot of JRPGs I'll miss too.....

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770

Rolemaster and all accompanying game structures for it.

If I had to pick a computer game though, I'm afraid I'd have to forgo a choice until Runequest (in Glorantha) or Rolemaster become salient presences as 21st century computer games. Especially if they had multi-player design-your-own dungeon capabilities.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

This is a hard question, do I take something that gives endless re-playability? Perhaps a game that has such deep story that I could read over again for ever. Or perhaps a game with such diverse choices which have great meaning where I could revel in how the world is affected around me.

I think I would kill myself, a world with only one RPG is not worth living in. :p

Hum... If we had to keep only one RPG... If there would be another RPGs after it, I'd say Wasteland. Because if humanity can keep on dreaming and imagining, there would be some other good RPGs with various environments, another Fallout, another BG, another IWD, another Torment, another Arcanum, etc...

Seriously, it's hard to choice between Panzer Dragoon Saga, Fallout, Torment and Arcanum. And if we can wait 2 years for that, I will add PE and WL2 in the list!

Easy, NWN. No way you can ever finish all the community-made modules, and even if, you can then go ahead and create your own one to play alone or with friends. Other cRPGs might be better as far as the main campaign goes, but as for longevity taking mods into account, no competition.

• Like 1