Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #27: How’d we do, and what’s next?

project eternity update 27 paypal kickstarter steam gog linux mac windows

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

hernedpea

hernedpea

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I had some problems with payment but I've managed to solve it (forgot about my credit card limits).
I'm curious how much money you will get from the amount declared by backers on Kickstarter. Hope it will be 100%.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3315 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Heh, what would have been amusing is to have the webcam up and running this morning to catch folks staggering in... :shifty:

Ekho

Ekho

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Watching Chris get steadily more drunk was the best part about that stream. Congratulations guys!

AwesomeOcelot

AwesomeOcelot

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1327 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I had some problems with payment but I've managed to solve it (forgot about my credit card limits).
I'm curious how much money you will get from the amount declared by backers on Kickstarter. Hope it will be 100%.

From what I've heard Amazon or PayPal takes 5%, so that's for everyone, and KickStarter takes 5%, but that's justified considering what they do, and they do a pretty good job. If a small company had to host that many hits like at the end of a $4m KickStarter there would be problems.

Plasma Jesus

Plasma Jesus

Emperor's Champion of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Glad to see an update, I was freaking out earlier because I had some pledge issues. I think I got them all sorted out, and i sent a few emails about it just to make sure my pledge got through and all that, if it still didn't work I had no clue what I'd do. Can't wait for the game tho, I plan to follow as much as i can, you guys at Obsidian are fantastic.

Hornet85

Hornet85

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

There will be at minimum be a survey for ya to fill out. (But I am looking into seeing if I can set up a fulfillment site too where folks can log in and keep things updated. :))

Any chance of a fulfillment site where we can upgrade our tiers in the future? I understand we can do it at the moment for a limited time, but I'm hoping for something that is still open for us for a much longer period.

Perhaps something similar to Wasteland 2 project where backers are still allowed to increase their pledge and this will be open until they are prepared to ship the stuff out, which is still a long time more to go.

Thanks

Malavinious

Malavinious

Icewind Warrior of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm glad you guys are utilizing Steam as one option. I know some folks have a problem with it and that's fair, but I like having all my games in one place - thanks for giving us the option.

(Plus, Steam achievements, awesome!)
  • Hornet85 and quantum_freak like this

Ham Wizard

Ham Wizard

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
I hope the Paypal will be open until November. $30 more could be Obsidians if it's still open November 1st. ;)

Thank you for the update!

Note that Steam just had a serious potential exploit announced. I hope they publish a fix very soon or that thing is gone from my system.

Do you use Safari?

Edited by Ham Wizard, 17 October 2012 - 05:26 PM.

Rahelron

Rahelron

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
My pledge has already been processed (I recieved a text message about 8 hours ago), so my money should be in your bank account right now!

Good luck guys, I hope this turns out a awesome game!

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5073 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Note that Steam just had a serious potential exploit announced. I hope they publish a fix very soon or that thing is gone from my system.

Do you use Safari?

Firefox. I no longer have a Mac.

hernedpea

hernedpea

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

From what I've heard Amazon or PayPal takes 5%, so that's for everyone, and KickStarter takes 5%, but that's justified considering what they do, and they do a pretty good job. If a small company had to host that many hits like at the end of a $4m KickStarter there would be problems.

Actually I meant how many backers will really pay what they declared. It will be a disappointment if some people will change their mind or has some paying problems which they can't solve within 14 days.

Eunu

Eunu

Seer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Any word on whether the extra $100k+ over the $4mil buys another level in Old Nua's?

Saw this idea batted around during the last day of the KS, and I think Feargus liked the idea but wouldn't commit at the time.

Crozius19

Crozius19

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

As for the physical option, we're not quite sure yet. We'll have to work that out still unfortunately (but we'll try to provide the same flexibility if we can.)

If you could set something up with Valve wherein we could use a CD product key from our physical copy to activate the game on Steam (a la Fallout: New Vegas - without making it a strict requirement) that would be fantastic. I backed at the $140 tier, and I am planning to give my digital copy to a close friend of mine who is currently serving in Afghanistan, but I generally prefer to launch my games through Steam, so if I was given the choice to also activate my physical copy on Steam, I'd like that.
Granted, I'm going to love the game regardless of how I launch it.

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer

Any word on whether the extra $100k+ over the $4mil buys another level in Old Nua's?

Saw this idea batted around during the last day of the KS, and I think Feargus liked the idea but wouldn't commit at the time.

I think we have enough already

polish polish polish

and more Jim Cummings.
  • Niccolado, Crozius19 and oldhomehaibane like this

The Coffee God

The Coffee God

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

. I would rather not use Steam for my physical copy but I know there are many people out there that would.

Yeah, this is my wish as well.
I would rather not have to use Steam for the physical copy.
My digital copy is going on a different computer that has Steam (mostly played by my roomie), but my computer is Steam free.

Crozius19

Crozius19

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

polish polish polish

and more Jim Cummings.

I see your Jim Cummings, and raise you David Warner. I want to hear the sweet, evil voice of Jon Irenicus once again.
  • Moirnelithe likes this

Daelyn75

Daelyn75

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
My first post here. I put in $20 for shipping with my pledge, and I live in Canada. Now I see that there might be something about international shipping that needs adjusting? Does shipping to Canada fall in to the $20 safe category, or will there need to be more?

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer

I see your Jim Cummings, and raise you David Warner. I want to hear the sweet, evil voice of Jon Irenicus once again.

Sure, but I think the re-use of Jim Cummings would be almost a given. The re-use of David Warner is highly unlikely.

Plasma Jesus

Plasma Jesus

Emperor's Champion of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Sure, but I think the re-use of Jim Cummings would be almost a given. The re-use of David Warner is highly unlikely.

What about Cam Clarke? He voiced so many people in Baldur's gate (including almost all the of the PC male voice options) I just can't Imagine an IE style game without his amazing voice being in it.

Coincidence

Coincidence

High Ordinator of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Congratulations on the Kickstarter's massive success!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project eternity, update 27, paypal, kickstarter, steam, gog, linux, mac, windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users