I want to apologize on behalf of the internet

I doubt anyone at Obsidian is emotionally scarred

No, but that didn't make it any less embarrassing.

Also, I'm afraid that such incidents will make the devs less motivated to continue to engage with us (the community) now that the kickstarter is over.

Basically, this stuff here is a pretty pointless discussion.

I did not see the things on the stream but I can imagine pretty well what was said. I guess some of these were not appropriate...but as seen in this thread, if someone defends obsidian against such comments - he is accused of white knighting. So...what should you do, ignore that stuff? I dont think that makes it better, just being OK with random people harassing the **** out of others can not be the answer.

Therefore, it doenst matter WHAT you do or say, someone will tell you that you should not do it - so the whole discussion about this harassing stuff is simply useless

Seeing the terrible harassment in the live stream comments last night made me cringe. I'd just like the Obsidian staff to know we're not all horribly misogynistic, racist, socially-stunted a-holes and we are sorry you had to see that.

Sincerely,

Hopefully the majority of your backers

So, instead of seeing salty's post as a positive gesture of support towards Obsidian Entertainment,

some people would rather discuss whether it is even possible to apologize on behalf on other people or not.

That doesn't even matter. What matters is that there were rude comments and this thread

could be a counterpart to those rude comments where we show Obsidian that there is

a nicer side to the internet as well, and not just the one they experienced on the stream comments.

Of course the guys at Obsidian know that and they are mature and can handle things like those rude comments.

That's not the point either. The point is just showing them actively support.

But some people here seem not to want to support that, and

deprive Obsidian of the possibility to experience the opposite of what happened on the stream-comments.

Sadly, those people prove that the OP was right in the first place.

Do we really want to make salty to have to apologize for starting this thread?

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 4

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Wireshark > IP bans FTW

Let's clean this place up.

Because anyone on Teh Internet™ has static IPs...

Anyways as my friend Boromir sais

frabz-one-does-not-simply-apologize-on-behalf-of-the-internet-b20554.jpg

Without incurring in the usual white knight flame. So just ignore the flamer and go for it.

Edit:

Though no one seems to have been offended or angered by what was said.

Especially the girl with the green shirt (sorry I don't remember if some one said her name). She even posed in front of the camera various times.

Usually you don't expose yourself on the internet without knowing how Teh Internet™ can respond.

Edited by DocDoomII
  • Like 1

I think the Green Shirt Girl rocks! Nicole ROCKS THE PINK UNICORN!

... several people rock the pink unicorn, actually, there was a grey shirt guy dancing with the pink unicorn too.

GREY SHIRT GUY ROCKS THE PINK UNICORN TOO!

Edited by septembervirgin

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

I think this article pretty much sums up my feelings of the OP's comment.

http://www.nytimes.c...zing.html?_r=3

So what? You're proud of the segment of the community that was going on about the girl kid that was at the party being a loli? You think it was perfectly fine all those guys telling the green shirt woman to take off her top? People should apologise for that crap. If not apologising for comments like that is what makes you so proud of being an American it makes me glad I'm Canadian. Unlike that article I take it as a point of pride that Canadians are known for being polite, well mannered and not total asshats.

You're being just as petty and immature. It's an opinion piece from a newspaper by a controversial comedian and political commentator. It's also from 7 months ago. Do you understand what an opinion piece is? If you don't like Bill Maher's opinion, don't like it. Stop it with this nationalist garbage before you denigrate your country any further.

And I couldn't help but notice that Obsidian is an American company staffed and led primarily by Americans. Most of the people responsible for PE are going to be Americans. Did you back PE? Why would you back an American product? You're lumping all of them in together with the people you're insulting as lesser men.

I think the Green Shirt Girl rocks! Nicole ROCKS THE PINK UNICORN!

... several people rock the pink unicorn, actually, there was a grey shirt guy dancing with the pink unicorn too.

GREY SHIRT GUY ROCKS THE PINK UNICORN TOO!

IT IS A BALLOONICORN, NOT A UNICORN

Edited by AGX-17

I think this article pretty much sums up my feelings of the OP's comment.

http://www.nytimes.c...zing.html?_r=3

So what? You're proud of the segment of the community that was going on about the girl kid that was at the party being a loli? You think it was perfectly fine all those guys telling the green shirt woman to take off her top? People should apologise for that crap. If not apologising for comments like that is what makes you so proud of being an American it makes me glad I'm Canadian. Unlike that article I take it as a point of pride that Canadians are known for being polite, well mannered and not total asshats.

http://en.wikipedia...._country#Canada

Wow you Canadians sure are great.

Wikipedia's legitimacy aside,

United States of America

Main article: List of serial killers in the United States

US has it's own page for serial killers.

Seeing the terrible harassment in the live stream comments last night made me cringe. I'd just like the Obsidian staff to know we're not all horribly misogynistic, racist, socially-stunted a-holes and we are sorry you had to see that.

Sincerely,

Hopefully the majority of your backers

Speak for yourself.

I consider myself a normal person and not a "turbofeminist" or whatever you weirdos call yourselves today.

• Like 1

This thread has inexplicably turned from an apology thread into a U.S. vs. Canada nationalistic pissing war.

Anyone who has ever spent any time on the Internet, particularly those who have ever attempted to follow a YouTube comments section, should not be surprised.

• Like 1

I watched the video post live, and I thought the girl sitting in the middle, white top, is the most attractive. Whats up with the green in a top girl? :lol:

When I was watching the stream of Adam playing ID2 and the D&D session, I thought the crowd were pretty cool, but I guess that's because most if not everyone was a backers here and not some random strangers.

Personally I felt it should have just been advertise here, and there's no need to put it on the front page attracting all the mentally inept kids.

Ok, who is this green shirt girl?

If all of this attention is purely because of her looks, then she must be one HELL of a good looker.

And now I'm suddenly curious

Anyone got a link to the video or picture or something?

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I dunno what's worse the sexist and racist comments or the people here making excuses for them.

It one thing to point out that some people were rude and being a**holes. (They were)

But apologizing for the internet? That's taking white knighting to a whole new level.

White Knighting is a nonsense term made up by misogynists who are confused as to why their own sex calls them out on their noxious bull****.

Edited by Moonlight Butterfly
  • Like 4

...and on that note, the thread seems to have outlived it's usefulness. While well meant, it probably also revealed that they let anybody get access to the internet these days :sweat:

If anybody feel like discussing general internet idiocy, feel free to create a thread in Way off Topic.

:skull:

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein