I want to apologize on behalf of the internet

Oh yea those Streams were both crazy and when those girls actually posed for the camara I kind of felt sick.

In context, I have to wonder if they felt compelled to do so to get more KS pledges.

Context does matter (unmoderated internet stream), but that wasn't a singles bar, either.

The dismissive attitudes are generally disappointing; I just hope people realize that that sort of behavior and the attitude of "no one got hurt, it's no big deal" doesn't fly IRL for various reasons either. The reduction and trivialization of a woman to her sexuality with that type of attention creates a short path to her feeling genuinely uncomfortable and threatened in many situations. That is never okay.

• Like 4

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

In context, I have to wonder if they felt compelled to do so to get more KS pledges.

Context does matter (unmoderated internet stream), but that wasn't a singles bar, either.

Wow what a horrible thing to say. Seriously dude that is messed up.

I guess I thought those women were just adults having some fun not...what you are implying. It was not even like they did anything inappropriate or dirty they just did the party pose thing.

Edited by Brannart
  • Like 2

The dismissive attitudes are generally disappointing; I just hope people realize that that sort of behavior and the attitude of "no one got hurt, it's no big deal" doesn't fly IRL for various reasons either. The reduction and trivialization of a woman to her sexuality with that type of attention creates a short path to her feeling genuinely uncomfortable and threatened in many situations. That is never okay.

It wasn't IRL, calm down. At best it's obnoxious to a shy or sexually repressed person. Impolite, rude. Also it's context sensitive, you'd have to be sexually repressed to a harmful degree to consider asking someone to come closer because they look fine as "never okay". This isn't Tehran or Salt Lake CIty.

• Like 2

It wasn't IRL, calm down. At best it's obnoxious to a shy or sexually repressed person. Impolite, rude. Also it's context sensitive, you'd have to be sexually repressed to a harmful degree to consider asking someone to come closer because they look fine as "never okay". This isn't Tehran or Salt Lake CIty.

Convenient of you to cut the part of my post that said context does matter.

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

There's no point in feeding the trolls live and argue with them, but it doesn't hurt to say here in this place that it was terribly annoying. They're all back in their cave now anyway.

It's not wrong but this thread exaggerates this far too much. It really wasn't that bad. There were many good questions answered, most commenters were appropriate, Feargus' kids were adorable, Avellone and Alvin were great hosts and kept us entertained for whole six hours. It was great evening, but some people here make it sound like it was complete disgrace while it clearly wasn't.

Oh yea those Streams were both crazy and when those girls actually posed for the camara I kind of felt sick.

Yeah, the girl looked so threatened and uncomfortable. She even made jokes about that herself... oh, she must have done it just for KS pledges! How terrible!:(

Seriously: Boys like girls. Girls like boys. Girls like to be liked by boys and boys like to be liked by girls. No big deal, everyone knows this and most have already accepted this rule of life.

• Like 1

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

Wow what a horrible thing to say. Seriously dude that is messed up.

I guess I thought those women were just adults having some fun not...what you are implying. It was not even like they did anything inappropriate or dirty they just did the party pose thing.

Nah, I'm a psychologist and sociologist. It's kind of my job and nature to think of these things.

Nicole really is kind of hot, at least for someone working for a game developer, but certain other chicks present were not. Did I just traumatize a whole bunch of feminazis in this thread?

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

Yeah, the girl looked so threatened and uncomfortable. She even made jokes about that herself... oh, she must have done it just for KS pledges! How terrible! :(

Seriously: Boys like girls. Girls like boys. Girls like to be liked by boys and boys like to be liked by girls. No big deal, everyone knows this and most have already accepted this rule of life.

You missed the part about my comment applying to 'IRL' and all that. I guess reading comprehension isn't your guys' strength.

You shouldn't take this so seriously, there was a lot of people asking for shirtless Avellone/Sawyer too, and sometimes they were even more than the girl's "fans", and I don't see anyone complaining about it, maybe there were some stupid 15-year teens, but it's likely that most people merely joked about it.

• Like 2

Convenient of you to cut the part of my post that said context does matter.

I'm sorry, I thought when you wrote "That is never okay" you meant "That is never okay". And since you started a separate paragraph, I thought in the context you meant "that is never okay in real life", since when you wrote "context matters" it was referring to an unmoderated internet stream.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

ya know, i hate to say it but i really do agree with the OP... yeah the internet is a proto-post-apocalyptic wasteland and there are more of the bandit hoard than us civilized folk... but sometimes ya just gotta call people on their **** even if it means leaving a comment saying "well those people were douches and we're sorry they're alive".

i know i'm sorry they're alive.

• Like 2

Chevalier of the Obsidian Order of Eternity and all around classy dude.

My favourite prejudice was when the little kid Aiden was asking questions of one of the developers.

Aiden: Where are you from?

Developer: New York.

Aiden: Are you a bank robber?

You're never going to be president with that kind of attitude little buddy, people from New York aren't that bad.

Did you somehow miss that he was talking to Obsidian's token black guy when he asked that question?

That made it even worse. :D

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Your not the token black guy anymore when theres two of you now your a small minority!

I know. :C

Damn it Obsidian, you broke the rules of the trope.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

My favourite prejudice was when the little kid Aiden was asking questions of one of the developers.

Aiden: Where are you from?

Developer: New York.

Aiden: Are you a bank robber?

You're never going to be president with that kind of attitude little buddy, people from New York aren't that bad.

Did you somehow miss that he was talking to Obsidian's token black guy when he asked that question?

That made it even worse. :D

That's projection, I find children to be awesomely not racist, not going to call the little guy a racist. Of course I found it funny that he was black as well, the same way I find the characters in Archer funny, inappropriately funny. That air ship episode, with the guy in the turban, so funny.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

Yeah, the girl looked so threatened and uncomfortable. She even made jokes about that herself... oh, she must have done it just for KS pledges! How terrible! :(

You missed the part about my comment applying to 'IRL' and all that. I guess reading comprehension isn't your guys' strength.

That same rule applies in so called real life too. (IMO internet is pretty real too, but maybe it's just me) Most if not every women like attention and compliments about their appearance. So do guys. That same thing happens in real life all the time (maybe in a little different tone) and it really isn't this big deal. It's just great ego boost form time to time. I just hate it when people are being overprotective over everything.

• Like 2

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

The guys and gals at Obsidian are not newbs, they know damn well the internet is full of loud childish idiots and yet realize that the majority of their fans are not. Alvin and all the ladies seemed to take it all in stride and didn't sweat those fools.

• Like 2

That same rule applies in so called real life too. (IMO internet is pretty real too, but maybe it's just me) Most if not every women like attention and compliments about their appearance. So do guys. That same thing happens in real life all the time (maybe in a little different tone) and it really isn't this big deal. It's just great ego boost form time to time. I just hate it when people are being overprotective over everything.

You're right, I love being complimented about the way I look. It makes me feel great! But there is a huge difference between a stranger telling me in person, "You look nice today!" and a stranger online making anonymous comments in a visible and public place saying things like "Show me your boobs" (of which there was a lot going on in the stream last night). You have to recognize there's a major difference there, right?

If you wouldn't say it to a woman on the street, don't say it online. Of course, if you make a habit of telling women to show them your breasts in person anyway, that's just super rude.

Edited by Teuthida
  • Like 4