Combine big city and endless dungeon

Please make the 2nd big city part of the endless dungeon. Like a big drow or dwarven city far below the surface, at the end of the dungeon. Whatever its inhabitants (maybe a mix of races, having resettled the ancient city ruins), it should be deep below the surface, and only reachable through the endless dungeon. This would give the endless dungeon a real purpose. Thanks for reading, Obsidian.

Edit: Clearing the endless path is not important here, the 2nd big city can have its entrance anywhere in the dungeon, e.g. as a supply and quest base.

The main suggestion is that the 2nd big city is subterranean.

A city below adds more variety than two big cities above ground.

Edited by Ulnari
  • Like 1

mot a bad idea really, something like the story of EOB 1, where you had to investigate an evil coming from below the city, maybe some powerful enemy could be threatening to destroy city two, so you have to go down and deal with whatever lurks down there,

could be a few interesting side quests there, like one of the companions imprisoned (probably a survivor from a previous adventurer team, and got locked up awaiting torture and death, I think this could be expansed in a few ways

@Rocketbean

I would like it that we don't have access to either city early on, and do think that city 2 should only be acessiable after a certain point in the game,, so players can't automatically try and get better equipment from city 2, then they could in city 1, so I would like that city 2 is a no go until you have advance the story in some way

Edited by matthewfarmery
  • Like 1

Not necessarily clearing, but maybe an entrance to the city in the middle of the dungeon.

The main point here is that the 2nd big city is below the surface.

@mathewfarmery: good suggestion to use the setup to control the flow of the game. I prefer a game that follows a path over the newer auto scaling games where you can go anywhere regardless of your character's level.

Edited by Ulnari

No way man!

I want two big citys accessible whenever. (After you discover them of course)

I don't want to go through 14 levels to reach the second city.

The endless paths seem more like....a special challenge.

Now if there was a secret city/town/grove...that'd be awesome, but please don't make it the second big city.

No. There have been other threads about this.

The dungeon is optional---not everyone enjoys dungeon crawls.

A city with a massive amount of lore and quest content should definitely not be gated behind an optional mega dungeon crawl.

On the other hand, a city built on top of the optional mega dungeon would be fine.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

@Rocketbean

I would like it that we don't have access to either city early on, and do think that city 2 should only be acessiable after a certain point in the game,, so players can't automatically try and get better equipment from city 2, then they could in city 1, so I would like that city 2 is a no go until you have advance the story in some way

Well I kinda pictured the Endless Paths to be an optional late game area; you wouldn't be required to explore it but doing so reaps the highest of rewards if you can clear it. If you simply make the area around city two hard to traverse for low leveled players, you can prevent players from easily disrupting game balance. But I'm also a firm believer in adequate reward for high risk, so I think players of all levels should be able to visit the second city so long as they take the risk.

I personally prefer the Dungeon to be far away from the cities.

I would place the Endless Paths probably as ancient civilization city or castle in ruins far from the cities and were most adventurers perish when they enter the first levels of the dungeons!!

I kind of like the idea of the dungeon being directly under one of the cities. It could help give the feeling that the dungeon was itself an extremely old city and this new one was built over top of it for what could be a variety of reasons. it could also make the dungeon a tad more interesting because it's basically a lost and forgotten civilization instead of just a really deep cave.

53vfdj.jpg