Hi All,

As one of the enhancements for hitting the 4 million stretch goal, how about a different kind of pet for each different class? This would be fantastic if the base pet was a bird, for example:

Class Type of Bird

Wizard Owl

Necromancer Raven/blackbird

Cipher Parrot

Rogue Magpie

Fighter Falcon

Paladin Eagle

Priest Dove

Druid Thrush

Chanter Nightingale

What do you think?

Personally I always loved mage's familars in BG2. So I'd be open to the idea of all classes having them, or at the very least seeing familars return in 1 form or another. I don't really agree that they'd all need to be birds though. Their are plenty of animals out there in the world before you delve into fantasy creatures. I think it would be a shame to limit it to birds alone.

I think it might also fit in best as a perk/skills where some classes start off with the perk and a base companion and if you skill up the skill it would allow you access stronger companions which you could find/purchase/train later on. Still the scaling aspect is uneeded as well, I just like the idea of starting out with a mouse friend with a few useful skills and by the end of the game having something a bit more exoctic with broader applications in and out of combat.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

I think birds are basically not a bad idea. But what would they do?

What don't they do??

They can fly around near you!

They can chirp, or whistle in some cases!

They can scare away worms!

They can occupy your old wizards free-time with seeds/bread!

They can prevent you from planting trees!

They can repair your quills/arrows once a week! (Allow a full week for proper feather regeneration)

And most importantly, they can hide in your backpack and scare the crap out of would-be pickpockets!

Edited by jivex5k
  • Like 5

What don't they do??

They can fly around near you!

They can chirp, or whistle in some cases!

They can scare away worms!

They can occupy your old wizards free-time with seeds/bread!

They can prevent you from planting trees!

They can repair your quills/arrows once a week! (Allow a full week for proper feather regeneration)

And most importantly, they can hide in your backpack and scare the crap out of would-be pickpockets!

I see. Obviously no hero should be without a bird! :grin:

OP: no, thanks. Familiars and animal companions as per D&D 3.X sound fine, but not a "pet" for everyone.

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

OP: no, thanks. Familiars and animal companions as per D&D 3.X sound fine, but not a "pet" for everyone.

I understand where you are coming from, but several of the kickstarter tiers have a pet included with them - type to be decided by popular consent. With that in mind, i thought a different pet for each character class was appropriate - given the enhancements promised for raising 4 million (inc. Paypal).

Does anyone know how we get our VIP forum badges BTW?

Edited by CrazyPea

I think the rogue should get a crow.

Magpies are know for stealing shiny things. Besides Crows, blackbirds, Ravens, Rooks have been done to death - look at the cover for DS3!!!!

Ah I see, makes sense.

I just got bird pwnnnned

it's better than bird sh*t :)

I restate my previous choice (as it has no changed);

I would dislike if the pet was based on class. I much rather have all available pet skins available. So I might not be stuck with a sucky looking pet for my favorite class, and my most hated class getting the pet I want.

Now that pets are a blank slate, you can use training, items, rewards etc. to upgrade it to fit your character(s)/party (or just act as glorified mule)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Since only some of the KS tiers are getting a pet, and I don't know if Obsidian is planning on doing familiars, the pet will likely be more cosmetic than useful.

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

I am pretty sure it said exclusive pet, not that the a pet at all was kickstater-only.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Wizard Owl

Cipher Parrot

Rogue Magpie

Fighter Falcon

Paladin Eagle

Priest Dove

Druid Thrush

Chanter Nightingale

How about miniature (small bird sized) fantasy animals. Miniature dragon, miniature phoenix, imp, etc.

Scouting perhaps?

It could be in disguise somehow so the A.I. thinks it's a neutral creature, maybe.

I remember in BG2 where I always wanted to explore each inch of the map to remove the black fog. Some places weren't accessible, so a flying pet could be nice.

But it doesn't really matter much to me.

Hi All,

As one of the enhancements for hitting the 4 million stretch goal, how about a different kind of pet for each different class? This would be fantastic if the base pet was a bird, for example:

Class Type of Bird

Wizard Owl

Cipher Parrot

Rogue Magpie

Fighter Falcon

Paladin Eagle

Priest Dove

Druid Thrush

Chanter Nightingale

What do you think?

What necromancer? Hasn't been confirmed, I think.

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.