What kind of content you want in the ENDING!

I want an ending that does not directly continue in a sequel. Don't get me wrong; sequels are good, but when our main-character have been the hero of the day once, that's enough. That character's story is over and their time in the limelight is over. New characters will "take up the torch" so to speak in sequels to come

I want an ending that does not directly continue in a sequel. Don't get me wrong; sequels are good, but when our main-character have been the hero of the day once, that's enough. That character's story is over and their time in the limelight is over. New characters will "take up the torch" so to speak in sequels to come

All I did in Dragon Age 2 was being bored of Hawke, and just desparetly trying to listen to gossip about my old character from Dragon Age 1. He married the Queen and became a prince when I left him. He became a king over the years and was said to be a 'good ruler' along with his wife. I giggled with glee before I glanced back to Hawke and the current party he was with and I sighed. Hawke's a tool and I don't like his voice. Isabela is a terrible person who takes no responsibility and she's not someone you'd stick around with for ten years. She is someone you meet at a brothel and include in a threesome/foursome before you ditch her. Oh wait that happened in the Origins. But that was the perfect role for her. She isn't 'friend material'. However, you don't get that many other likable party members so you let her stick around. On that note, Merril and Fenris are about as exciting as a doorknob. Varric is.. actually, he's okay. Anders and Sebastian are such catty people. The men act like sh*tty girls. The girls act like sh*tty men. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It's frustrating. I didn't really like that many from the old party except for Alistair, Shale, and Oghren, but the others were also my peeps.

But I say: Let the main character continue in the second game, and have some of the old popular party members be in it, like in Mass Effect 2. If you don't like the new crew, then at least you got something to fall back upon.

Edited by -Zin-

All I did in Dragon Age 2 was being bored of Hawke, and just desparetly trying to listen to gossip about my old character from Dragon Age 1. He married the Queen and became a prince when I left him. He became a king over the years and was said to be a 'good ruler' along with his wife. I giggled with glee before I glanced back to Hawke and the current party he was with and I sighed. Hawke's a tool and I don't like his voice. Isabela is a terrible person who takes no responsibility and she's not someone you'd stick around with for ten years. She is someone you meet at a brothel and include in a threesome/foursome before you ditch her. Oh wait that happened in the Origins. But that was the perfect role for her. She isn't 'friend material'. However, you don't get that many other likable party members so you let her stick around. On that note, Merril and Fenris are about as exciting as a doorknob. Varric is.. actually, he's okay. Anders and Sebastian are such catty people. The men act like sh*tty girls. The girls act like sh*tty men. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It's frustrating. I didn't really like that many from the old party except for Alistair, Shale, and Oghren, but the others were also my peeps.

But I say: Let the main character continue in the second game, and have some of the old popular party members be in it, like in Mass Effect 2. If you don't like the new crew, then at least you got something to fall back upon.

Hehe. No wonder you missed the guys from Origins, coz DA2 was terrible, terrible, dreadful, weak. I only played DA2 for 10 hours, that's how weak it was, nothing like Origins

I would love to see different endings that happen due to the decisions i make in the game. I can never play an evil character in most games because it just doesn't make sense for him or her to save everybody at the end. I didn't play mask of the betrayer but I loved watching the evil ending. It felt really satisfying.

From a roleplaying perspective, I think different endings are important to conclude your specific, original character. Obviously, they can't make too many but a handful would be nice.

Edited by DimuthuK

For an expansion, I'd like the dragon age awakening format, wherein you can either take your previous character and gain some perks, or start anew for a bit of a twist. That said, I woukd FAR fewer inconsistancies than in Awakening, and a bit longer of a story... And a bit more significance of the previous choices.

In contrast to some other folks, I want at least one ending where the hero walks off into the sunset with his companions. In my opinion, Fallout: NV accomplished this wonderfully, as long as you kept in mind what your character wanted, you could absolutely win that game and walk into the sunset knowing you were the baddest mofo that ever walked the wastelands. I do not care what other options exist, but I want atleast one where afterwards it feels like I won. And you know what? For RPGs, that's a ridiculous rarity. There's only a few where when the adventure is over and it's all said and done, you can actually feel like you accomplished something and walked away to tell the tale. DA:O kind of did this, as long as you were willing to make the head cannon that you and Morrigan had an understanding. FO:NV did a better job. Suikoden I, II and V had this, although you had to work your butt off to make it happen. Kingdom Hearts 2 did that, and so did Mass Effect 2 (as long as we pretend ME3 doesn't exist). Fallout 2 did that. FFVII sort of did that if you include Advent Children as an hour and a half long ending cutscene. Chrono Trigger did that. And...from my experience, that's the list. It also happens to include almost all of my favorite RPGs of all time, because as long as you were willing to work for it, there WAS a victory condition.

As long as we're on the subject, I would also like a FO:NV type recap of how you affected all the factions and how things turned out/were changed due to your actions.

• Like 1

I'd like multiple endings, possibly based on final choice(s), decisions made during game, class/race/culture; detailed epilogues for companions; minor epilogues for notable NPCs and quests/game storylines. As P:E is promised to be low on cinematics, the ending is a good place to have them.

I wouldn't like endings disconnected from the game (Diablo I), incomplete/non-existant (KotOR2, such a shame), lame or 'trollish' in nature (NWN2 OC), and much less a combination of those (Mass Effect 3?). Come to think of it, I'm somewhat wary that two of those are Obsidian's :S.