I'm extremely excited for this game, i pledged $268, but this morning kickstarter randomly cancelled my pledge and I cannot redo it there, I emailed Obsidian about it but they have yet to respond...would anyone have any advice for what I should do?

"Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves."

"Simon! Let's see you grit those teeth!"

I'm extremely excited for this game, i pledged $268, but this morning kickstarter randomly cancelled my pledge and I cannot redo it there, I emailed Obsidian about it but they have yet to respond...would anyone have any advice for what I should do?

Beg for forgiveness to the Gaming Gods.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Hi!

I'm rather sceptical Miniature Giant Space Hamster, and I'm sure you will learn to hate such cute rodent as me. ;)

No to experimentation!

No to fixing that is not broken!

No to changes for the sake of change!

Do not forget basis of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment. Just put all your effort to story, fine-tuning and quality control.

Hi everyone!

Finally pledged last night for PE. I have been following kickstarter since day one and actually became a member of the forums the day before it started, I could really feel there was something cooking.

I have been an active reader but not had the time to post. I will now certainly be around the forums until game is shipped.

Use paypal.

Guess i gonne introduce myself aswell.

My real name is Benedikt, and i live in Switzerland. Like a Hermit i live on a mountain, watching goats and clouds pass by.

My first rpg experience was in fact BG1. A Virus i never got cured from. When i heard about PE, i just knew i had to help.

I hope this community will get along even if opinions differ, and help make this game the best it could be.

Best Regards

Ben the Hermit

• Like 1

Hermit of the Obsidian Order

Guess i gonne introduce myself aswell.

My real name is Benedikt, and i live in Switzerland. Like a Hermit i live on a mountain, watching goats and clouds pass by.

My first rpg experience was in fact BG1. A Virus i never got cured from. When i heard about PE, i just knew i had to help.

I hope this community will get along even if opinions differ, and help make this game the best it could be.

Best Regards

Ben the Hermit

Switzerland Brofist

Solothurner

Edited by C2B

Funny thing how the Hermit wants to meet everybody. Are you really a hermit?

Living on a mountain? (check)

Beard? (check)

prefers solitude (check)

Distance (check)

Hates huge amount of people gathering (check)

to return from isolation to share his knowledge with others. (uncheck) Guess i am a egoistic Hermit

True story? Its simply the tarot card i always get...dont believe in that stuff but its a nice coincidence with me living on a mountain.

@C2B Luzerner

Edited by Ravnos Malkavian

Hermit of the Obsidian Order

So...the funding time is over...now lets see how we pass the next year(s?)...

Somehow I fear that it might become a little like this:

(And no, no races like THAT in MY PE please!)

Just kiddin'...I just love adding youtube-clips to my posts. Its a bad habit! :disguise:

Vox: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me Vox

Are you ... like a crazy person?

Vox: I’m quite sure they will say so.

For those looking for a way to pass the time until this one is done (and assuming one hasn't played it yet, but even then), I would recommend Planescape: Torment :yes:

I'm reasonably sure one can buy it online (not sure if I'm allowed to say where so I'll just skip that part), and apparantly there's a way (documented at the same place) to advance it in such a way that it's a bit more appealing and such on modern PC's. I noticed that in one of the comments last night, unfortunately forgot who said it, but thank you whoever you are!

you should have gotten an e-mail explaining why the payment wasn't processed. so either follow those steps, or as was said before do it through paypal while it's still available. hope you get it figured out.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

oh yea. hi everyone. i'm truster/tristan from the comments section. been there since within a few hours of this thing starting up (literally, i remember not being able to access obsidian's homepage or the forums. it was funny), and i'm one of the earlier obsidian order members. if you have questions about things, i'll be happy to help you in whatever capacity i can.

as for who i am i'm a writer who is going to school for art right now. currently working on a novel with a friend of mine who i met on another forum. not really got much else to say. if you wanna know more about me ask and you shall receive. or something.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

Hello there guys!

A fellow paypaler is here. I rarely post on ''any'' forums but i'll try to be an active member just for the Obsidian and PE!

And i'm planning to share my ideas to contribute this game... ( except when grammar nazis online :no: )

Edited by morrow1nd
  • Like 1

Never say no to Panda!

For those looking for a way to pass the time until this one is done (and assuming one hasn't played it yet, but even then), I would recommend Planescape: Torment :yes:

I'm reasonably sure one can buy it online (not sure if I'm allowed to say where so I'll just skip that part), and apparantly there's a way (documented at the same place) to advance it in such a way that it's a bit more appealing and such on modern PC's. I noticed that in one of the comments last night, unfortunately forgot who said it, but thank you whoever you are!

Indeed, I believe you're referring to gog.com, where you can pick up Planescape:Torment, the Baldur's Gate games, and the Icewind Dale games. I'm pretty sure Obsidian won't mind us pointing people to the site, especially since they'll be carrying Project Eternity when it's released as well.

As for me, I've been here since the start of the Kickstarter run*. Been quite a ride so far. I can't believe a man my age is as excited about a computer game as I am. Feels great though.

Oh, and there are a couple threads for new people to check out if they're up for some reading and hungry for info on the project:

There's the pinned What we know so far thread, the Summary of the Q&A thread (all the Q&A from the Comments section on the Kickstarter project compiled in one thread), and the Reddit Q&A.

Lots to read there, even though siome is redundant and some is now out of date. Still plenty of info to keep you occupied/amused/excited.

*Actually, I signed up on the Obsidian boards a long while back (during the NWN2 days, I believe) under a different handle, but couldn't recall the name I used or the password, so just made a new account.

• Like 1

Greetings everyone. Happy to be here and happy to have a game hopefully won't talk down to us. I've been gaming since the Ultima days. Well, been bashing on a keyboard in frustration since then. I don't expect to dictate or demand anything to Obsidian just put in my two cents and get a entertaining game out of it (in 2-3 years).

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

Hey everyone. Welcome and like Ghostie said, hope many of you stick around for the long haul!

Don't be afraid to venture outside of the PE subsection.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hey everyone. Welcome and like Ghostie said, hope many of you stick around for the long haul!

Don't be afraid to venture outside of the PE subsection.

There is stuff outside the PE subsection? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Edited by deamon451

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

Coming over from the kickstarter. I have loved obsidian's games for a long, long, time and figured I should join the forums finally. Was more then happy to toss in 250 for this soon to be amazing game. I'll try to stay active here daily. My names Jason (leon is the nickname).

Hello everyone!

Indeed, I believe you're referring to gog.com, where you can pick up Planescape:Torment, the Baldur's Gate games, and the Icewind Dale games. I'm pretty sure Obsidian won't mind us pointing people to the site, especially since they'll be carrying Project Eternity when it's released as well.

As for me, I've been here since the start of the Kickstarter run*. Been quite a ride so far. I can't believe a man my age is as excited about a computer game as I am. Feels great though.

Oh, and there are a couple threads for new people to check out if they're up for some reading and hungry for info on the project:

There's the pinned What we know so far thread, the Summary of the Q&A thread (all the Q&A from the Comments section on the Kickstarter project compiled in one thread), and the Reddit Q&A.

Lots to read there, even though siome is redundant and some is now out of date. Still plenty of info to keep you occupied/amused/excited.

*Actually, I signed up on the Obsidian boards a long while back (during the NWN2 days, I believe) under a different handle, but couldn't recall the name I used or the password, so just made a new account.

You are quite right concerning what I was referring to ;) , and thank you for those links!

I suppose I didn't really say anything about myself yet, so..

I've been playing games since the old "king's/police/space" Quest games and Elite (I'm guessing that's the original space trader game) and just about anything after that.

Then at some point in the more "recent" past I got somewhat annoyed with the "dumbing down" of newer RPG's (and perhaps other kinds of games), which I can only assume is being done to attract "the masses" to make as much money as possible or at least take as low a risk as possible (no offence meant to anyone who likes them, to each their own and such, but that's my opinion), and (because of that) happy because of the way Kickstarter projects (like PE) make it possible to create what the fans/customers want, instead of what is considered "save" and/or best for the shareholders.

Hope that makes some sense :)

You are quite right concerning what I was referring to ;) , and thank you for those links!

I suppose I didn't really say anything about myself yet, so..

I've been playing games since the old "king's/police/space" Quest games and Elite (I'm guessing that's the original space trader game) and just about anything after that.

Then at some point in the more "recent" past I got somewhat annoyed with the "dumbing down" of newer RPG's (and perhaps other kinds of games), which I can only assume is being done to attract "the masses" to make as much money as possible or at least take as low a risk as possible (no offence meant to anyone who likes them, to each their own and such, but that's my opinion), and (because of that) happy because of the way Kickstarter projects (like PE) make it possible to create what the fans/customers want, instead of what is considered "save" and/or best for the shareholders.

Hope that makes some sense :)

Makes perfect sense to me.

And while I enjoy the newer 'RPGs' (I think it's because I've long since come to accept they're not going to be what many of us really want them to be, so I just judge them on what they are instead of what they're not), I'm very excited to see a return of the old style CRPGs in games like PE and Wasteland 2.