How frequent would you like updates

PE Updates  

330 members have voted

1. 1. How frequent would you like to see updates now that kickstarter is over?

• As frequent as the kickstarter was (almost everyday)
    • Once a week is good enough
    • Once a month would be fine
    • Dont need updates
    • Other (list in the comments below)

I would like them to base the intervals between updates on a sequence of numbers within Pi x 2 (a 3=6 days) to keep the updates unpredicable and exciting. If a 0=10, this means updates will be 2-20 days in between. Starting at a random point within Pi would also be preferable to help create this dynamic unpredictability of fun and would encourage us to find out exactly where they started in order to predict when the next update will appear.

Either that somewhere around once every month, perhaps more or less depending on the amount on information they have to share at the moment.

Maybe just post updates when they hit the various milestones in the project.

That way they always have something new to show and dont have to waste time filling updates with fluff (nothing new, so here's a picture of kittens), and if something exciting show up in the middle, they can post it as a bonus.

Have a graphic like the kickstarter - a marker folowwing a winding trail through forests and mountains with the milstones on it to show where they are in the dev cycle. That way people know roughly when the next update is due and dont keep demanding for a progress update.

I love the amount of feedback this kickstarter has been giving out, it was very impressive and made me feel like my donation was really appreciated.

That said now that it's time to get to work I understand entirely if they don't have time for tons and tons of updates. So in answer to the poll I think once a month is a good amount but really as oftens as they have something they'd like to share is my real answer. I'm glad they're taking the feedback to heart as much as they are but I trust them to do their jobs well and they don't need to keep us up to date all the time.

A screenshot of the week/month (once it's far enough along to show off) would be greatly welcome.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

For now, once a month is nice --- often enough so we're not in the dark entirely, but space between so the developers aren't spending all their time compiling updates for us. What I would like to see is updates be more frequent as the game nears completion to help build up anticipation of its release.

Sawyer's always been pretty forthcoming and an active participant in the forums, going back to the BIS days. I'd expect we'd see him more often as development plods along. MCA was relatively active during and after K2.

I'd prefer this kind of interaction as opposed to posted updates, though these are good too. Hopefully, the dev post function makes a return.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Once a week sounds great, even if its fairly minor (such as a sketch, something about process). I'd also be happy with monthly.

I think more than anything I would just like to see them regularly engaging with the community.

Edited by tenoversix

this space intentionally left blank

I dont mind spoilers, i dont know. i think finding more out about the universe is intriguing and will only hype me up even more. Not to say that it has to have spoilers in it. I just know even if i know something that might be considered a spoiler, in the context of playing the game it will still feel as if i didnt know about it

From Marceror's interview with Adam Brennecke (posted over at Sorcerer's Place here: http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58248)

[Adam] We’d like to do updates as often as possible. We are still working this out, but I’d at least like to provide updates to the fans on a weekly basis, perhaps bi-weekly. We love the freedom that we have with this project to share with the fans and get their feedback. I’m looking a lot at how Double Fine Adventure (another recently successful Kickstarter project) is handling this. I like their format and will probably do something similar. In fact, Josh (Sawyer) is currently working on an update that will be shared soon. We want to continue to keep in touch with the fans, and let them know what’s going on. We actually enjoy it.

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

From Marceror's interview with Adam Brennecke (posted over at Sorcerer's Place here: http://www.sorcerers...ead.php?t=58248)

[Adam] We’d like to do updates as often as possible. We are still working this out, but I’d at least like to provide updates to the fans on a weekly basis, perhaps bi-weekly. We love the freedom that we have with this project to share with the fans and get their feedback. I’m looking a lot at how Double Fine Adventure (another recently successful Kickstarter project) is handling this. I like their format and will probably do something similar. In fact, Josh (Sawyer) is currently working on an update that will be shared soon. We want to continue to keep in touch with the fans, and let them know what’s going on. We actually enjoy it.

Great news. :)

As this IS a FAN funded game. I'd love it if they could throw us small updates once a week... even if it's to talk about what they've worked on or which direction they've decided to take on areas of the game not yet decided. But I know I'm dreaming.

"You must gather your party before venturing forth."

I would like the updates weekly or so if possible, especially early in the development stage.

Also, I would like the devs to let "the dust settle" a bit after they pitch their new ideas and concepts. Fan feedback is all good and proper, but everybody should perhaps relax a bit and think other people´s opinions (and their own) through before they nerdrage the forums.