How frequent would you like updates

PE Updates  

330 members have voted

1. 1. How frequent would you like to see updates now that kickstarter is over?

• As frequent as the kickstarter was (almost everyday)
    • Once a week is good enough
    • Once a month would be fine
    • Dont need updates
    • Other (list in the comments below)

I personally would like to see updates every two weeks in the form of a quick write up or even a picture of a new area or concept art... the update need not be PE related either but in the form of just something funny at the office. But these updates keep the backers happy that the game is being worked on (which I know it will, but some will want constant updates) and that there are no problems.

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

- Buddha

Once a week i want to be able to place my opinion on every little thing they do!

also i kickstarted enoght to get into the beta to be able to help the proses!

Once a week they can place some little info a consept art, the voice of a companion, a chapter of the novel.

I think a team of 50+ people can make a once a week blog about the state of things!

Edited by ReyVagabond

Monthly sounds about right: regularity is more important than frequency. I wouldn't object to more frequent updates but don't need them. It's also worth bearing in mind that the more the devs answer to the community, the more some people will grow to think that the devs are answerable to the community. A little bit of distance seems healthier for everyone.

This sums up my opinions on the subject.

I think a team of 50+ people can make a once a week blog about the state of things!

The team will not be that large, maybe 1/2 that at least for a while

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

- Buddha

from the look of things i dont imagine obsidian's going to desert us. assuming that's true, i'll be fine with whatever update schedule they feel comfortable with. i wouldnt be surprised by daily/weekly communication with them in the forums & blogs and monthly updates along with other stuff like more live streaming from the office.

still can't believe this journey has begun. :)

Don't care if there isn't an announcement for another 5 years.

Just make an awesome game, let me know when I can get in the beta, and put in some cats.

I'm happy speculating here and playing x-com during the interim.

Edited by jivex5k

Well I wouldn't like to create a situation where developers spend one day in a week writing status reports.

Doing meetings on what can be shared at what point, going all crazy trying to think of something worth writing about.

On the other hand, from personal experience, trying to sum up what you've been doing after a month/months of working can be hell.

Much easier to just do reports whenever you get something done that's worth mentioning, or whenever you'd feel like asking for opinions.

Definitely wouldn't like a situation where they'd be all itching to tell something real neat and cool,

but can't since the last update was just 2 weeks ago and the community doesn't want too frequent updates.

So.. whatever seems to work for the developers, I'd certainly want to hear whats going on every now and then.

My own preference though, would be brief weeklies and a bigger one maybe quarterly.

Edited by Jarmo

Once every month sounds good enough. Let's them work on the game without having to worry about updates too much. That would also mean that we'd see more progress in each update.

Everyday or every week seems like wasting time.

They'll most probably anwser questions here anyway.

I think what's most important it that they don't give away too much information. I can understand they showed a lot of levels from the mega dungeon, for example, because they knew it would be a good way to get more funds, but now that the game is funded I hope they won't reveal anything else specific about the game. It's enough to me knowing how many companions we'll have in the game, I prefer to be kept unaware of their story and portraits until I play the game.

Edited by descalabro

Project Eternity: Interactive/animated or descriptive? Check my poll and vote!

I'm not a game developer, but I've had a hand in plenty of long-term projects and my experience is that you can't really schedule progress. I'm happy hearing from the devs as frequently as they want, but I think setting artificial schedules for communication is the wrong way to go. If things continue like they have been - they'll want to keep us informed. They're even more excited about this project than we are (or at least AS excited) - and I suspect that will translate to regular contact. Let the info flow as it may. I'll be here to lap it up regardless.

Edited by Ethereal

Personally, I'm happy with just getting updates whenever they have something of substance to tell us. I don't need updates that tell me every time they finish an area or finish writing an NPC, or whatever. If there's significant things to tell me every week, then weekly updates are fine. If a month or two goes by with nothing significant to report, I don't need an update just telling me "Hey, we're still working on it!"

Monthly sounds about right: regularity is more important than frequency. I wouldn't object to more frequent updates but don't need them. It's also worth bearing in mind that the more the devs answer to the community, the more some people will grow to think that the devs are answerable to the community. A little bit of distance seems healthier for everyone.

Good point, I gotta say I agree with this.

Plane-Scape-Torment-1-icon.pngBaldur-s-Gate-2-icon.pngIcewind-Dale-4-icon.pngFallout-2-icon.pngArcanum-1-icon.png

I'm rather torn myself...but not because of my inability to choose one of the listed options, so much as that my desire on update frequency is dependent on the stage of the project overall. Right now, I'd be happy with monthly updates - as we get closer to release, that would change to weekly updates. And in the last 2 weeks to month prior to completion I'd love to see daily updates...

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"