How frequent would you like updates

PE Updates  

330 members have voted

1. 1. How frequent would you like to see updates now that kickstarter is over?

• As frequent as the kickstarter was (almost everyday)
    • Once a week is good enough
    • Once a month would be fine
    • Dont need updates
    • Other (list in the comments below)

Just wanted to know how frequent everyone would like updates considering we were getting some kind of an update about once a day or so, which was nice but i guess is probably unrealistic now that the kickstarter is over and they will be focusing on the game now. Personally i would still like to see updates rather frequently, like once a week or so. Just to stay involved in following the process of the game being made.

Edited by chisled2bone

Once a week, or once every two weeks, depending on the games progress...

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen

Once every 2nd week should be ok and it doesnt have to be the same guy doing it everytime. Rotate for example between MCA, Josh, adam, Tim and Feargus? I hope all these obsidian guys that helped promote the kickstarter can continue to keep in touch with the backers during the production. Lot of cool and funny personalities working at obsidian :)

Yea, even though i would like a weekly update, it wouldnt have to be anything substantial. Just a little hey guys here is what we been focusing on this week or something. Wouldnt have to be anything that takes too much time out of their day. I mean that is why companies have PR departments right lol

Once a month would be fine, but it also depends how much other interaction they have with the backers on forums and such. Even a few casual posts on the forums would message us that they are alive and working and therefore would only need to post that one "real" update monthly.

I'd like to read a monthly update, but it's not necessary. I hope to forget about this game as soon as possible because It's becoming difficoult to do anything else than check the kickstarter site lately.

In my dreams I'm forgetting about the game and then, in april 2014 I find a mail in my inbox where there are the directions to download it. Lol, it would be perfect: all the pleasure without the pain of the wait XD

• Like 2

I'd like to read a monthly update, but it's not necessary. I hope to forget about this game as soon as possible because It's becoming difficoult to do anything else than check the kickstarter site lately.

In my dreams I'm forgetting about the game and then, in april 2014 I find a mail in my inbox where there are the directions to download it. Lol, it would be perfect: all the pleasure without the pain of the wait XD

The problem is that it's too hard to forget what you just blew a fortune on, otherwise a great plan :grin:

Monthly sounds about right: regularity is more important than frequency. I wouldn't object to more frequent updates but don't need them. It's also worth bearing in mind that the more the devs answer to the community, the more some people will grow to think that the devs are answerable to the community. A little bit of distance seems healthier for everyone.

• Like 6

Monthly sounds about right: regularity is more important than frequency. I wouldn't object to more frequent updates but don't need them. It's also worth bearing in mind that the more the devs answer to the community, the more some people will grow to think that the devs are answerable to the community. A little bit of distance seems healthier for everyone.

Not a bad point

These guys have A LOT of work to do. I just don't think we need to waste their time with giving us daily updates. On top of this, things change so often during development. Even a weekly updates might be excessive, but that's still what I voted for. :p I'd be okay with a month though, I just really like to hear from them!

I think they should be reasonably paced, but my feeling is that when they have something they want to show us, they likely will show it, and it will be often enough that we won't feel left in the dark. I think we'll even get some small discussion here and there, nothing on par with massive info dumps, but there'll be some semblance of an on-going conversation through out the development. Not strictly asking our opinion on major decisions, but stuff like, here's what we've been doing, this is what we're thinking... etc. You know, just dropping by the forums every so often... maybe?

I'm excited.

Edited by Ignatius

As soon as they actually HAVE some information to share with us is fine by me. Do you really want every 3 weeks: Hay Guize! I just made an icon for the Sword of Avellone, and we are continuing to work and tweak the combat. And we are continuing to work and tweak the areas. Well that's our update. See you in a few weeks!

The way the Shadowrun guys are doing it so far has been pretty cool. As soon as they DO have some info they then do a QA session from questions from the Forums and also show off some stuff that have been working on and near finished. Having them waste stime informing us of basically nothing is a waste of both Our and Obsidian's time. Period.

Edited by Jaesun
  • Like 2