Chris Roberts is back! Wing Commander legacy continue

vahadar

Now that the KS campaign for Eternity is over, i feel its time to back a little Chris Roberts's new project : Star Citizen.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

For those who dont know the guy, he is a legendary game designer, maker of the Wing Commander saga, Freelancer, Starlancer and Strike Commander among other hits.

His new project Star Citizen is a space sim fan dream come true. I simply urge you to visit his website and look at the few videos, you'll see what i mean. It will be a Freelancer/WC like game with elements of strategy like EvE Online and economy like in the X series, and the coolest thing with the ability to man a ship with your friends (turrets, pilot and so on).

He chose to host his crowdfounding on his own website, hope this isnt a mistake and he will still receive the advertise he deserve.

Go visit this project :)

Edited by vahadar

... I don't like space sims... I like space combat, not free trading.

Also Computer and Console is thataway

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Its no console game, its for die hard fans :) so PC only for now

I guess you havent check the video, or dont know about Wing Ccommander :) WC is space combat ! but feels like a simulation (joystick and so on). Unless you meant by space combat all those RTS games we have around?

It's an old news for you mate :)

Not every people have read previous thread as we did, or have seen this project, that's just another 2 cent to advertise for it. It wasnt meant to discuss about the game but to dierct ppl to the crowdfounding campaign :)

Plus a thread with Squadron 42 as title simply dont add any attraction, compared to a Chris Roberts name in a thread title.

This was pretty huge news last week, it is Chris Roberts and the game's ambition is impressive (potentially over-reaching). But yes, C&C is the forum for it, to play junior forum moderator.

He really should have used KS, might have withstood the hits, better.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

His 2 million $ goal is reachable i hope, it's almost half way and 20+ days to go still.

He also said that securing 2m$ will trigger major investors to participate at this condition only. Over-reaching, yes ! what project isnt over-reaching :)

Now that the KS campaign for Eternity is over, i feel its time to back a little Chris Roberts's new project : Star Citizen.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

For those who dont know the guy, he is a legendary game designer, maker of the Wing Commander saga, Freelancer, Starlancer and Strike Commander among other hits.

His new project Star Citizen is a space sim fan dream come true. I simply urge you to visit his website and look at the few videos, you'll see what i mean. It will be a Freelancer/WC like game with elements of strategy like EvE Online and economy like in the X series, and the coolest thing with the ability to man a ship with your friends (turrets, pilot and so on).

He chose to host his crowdfounding on his own website, hope this isnt a mistake and he will still receive the advertise he deserve.

Go visit this project :)

Thanks for the information, I didn't know about this so I'll investigate it and see if I want to assist with funding. I have a question? Why wouldn't a person use KS for fan funding?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

One of the points they make is that unless you tick a specific option, you won't get your money back even if they fail to make the goal. If you tick the option, you'll get the money back, minus handling fees.. so I'm guessing they take the money straight away or some such?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Not to impressed by that being an 'option'. I guess he doesn't want KS to take a cut, out of all the things in this I'm surprised to see that is an issue to not back it, but that's people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Roberts did some statement about he wants even "less of a barrier" between the fans and him which is why he didn't go with kickstarter and set up their own pledge area.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As has already been mentioned, there is an existing thread. Also, advertising for advertisings sake will land you in trouble as it is not welcome here.

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein