We have to discuss something very important... Cats. Indeed, in a cryptic way, Adam answered my question about : "If we reach Big City 2, what'll come next?". Some ideas were said by a few of us until Adam revealed that -someone- that I do not remember the name of, said that it would be at " Four millions" "Cats, cats everywhere" and that we'll "[you'll] see when we get there".

Well, here we are my friends, we indeed reached the last stretch goal of 4 millions. So, what do you think, stray cats, domestic cats, companion cats, special kickstarter spell "Summon Swarm of Cats", feline race, Bastet-like religion...?

Or maybe we were trolled! :biggrin:

Medieval_Cat_Wallpaper_4vnya.jpg

Edited by The Mist Devil

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

Most probably, but the idea in itself is funny. Plus, perhaps by reminding them we'll actualy just have an easter egg in the game or in the big cities there'll be a lot of stray cats just for the lolz.

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

*You notice a corpse lying partly in the shadows of a dark doorway. It has small scratches all over its body. Part of its face seems to have been eaten. Upon closer examination you see that there is part of a letter, ripped and torn, under the body. It is difficult to see because of the blood, but from what you can piece together, it reads*

Dear Adam,

You said cats at 4m, so here they are!

- Chris

Edited by Moirnelithe
  • Like 9

* You notice a corpse lying partly in the shadows of a dark doorway. It has small scratches all over it's body. Part of it's face seems to have been eaten. Upon closer examination you see that there is part of a letter, ripped and torn, under the body. It is difficult to see because of the blood, but from what you can piece together it reads*

"Dear Adam,

You said cats at 4m, so here they are!

- Chris"

Lol I was just thinking of the Dead cat that Adam found during IWD2 playthrough.

Ah good times.

I think Adam nipped himself in the butt, he was playing IWD2 and everyone was haggling about a new stretch goal so he finally commented Cats at 4 million and that was all it took. So now that we hit that goal.. he's pretty much obligated to do something with cats :p.

• Like 1

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Ah! He said cats even -before- playing IWD2. The day before he did a whole afternoon of streaming and that was his answer that he probably repeated the day tomorrow. So, there, it was said twice.

You go to sleep in a city side street, then wake up to find dozens of cats jumping off you and scattering to the four winds. What were they up to? Hmm...

:cat:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Considering the number of cats that helped KS this game, I demand tribute and recongition. Glad to know that Adam knows what is good for him.

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

I want to see cats in my game! the bane of any adventurer's worst nightmare, having a large clowder of cats! and some sort of dark under god (anyone here read the The Dark Portal by Robin Jarvis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Portal

very good children book, about a group of mice that live in a house in Debtford (UK) and there is a sewer system that runs under the house that any sane mice wouldn't dare to go, as there are rats that eat mice, and the worst thing still, Jupiter that the rats worship (you might work out what this unholy terror is by now) so maybe we could have something similar?

Reaction of my cats to the possible Troll of Adam.

"What, possibly no cats? Bleh to PE"

379259_10150829763252297_1312064246_n.jpg

• Like 1

I want to see cats in my game! the bane of any adventurer's worst nightmare, having a large clowder of cats! and some sort of dark under god (anyone here read the The Dark Portal by Robin Jarvis

I misread what you said the first time and thought you said a chowder of cats. So I was imagining that, instead of healing potions, there would be cat chowder. Coincidentally, I remember reading somewhere that cats are generally eaten in soups.

Edited by HeedlessHorseman
  • Like 1