Cheatcodes for Project Eternity

Hells yeah for cheat codes. I don't think PoE combat is my cuppa so god mode may be the only way I see the end of the game.

I'm not even sad. I'm impressed.

Fun fact: I played Mask of the Betrayer entirely with cheat codes. Turn on at start of the fight, turn off at end of the fight. It was a hassle, but still better than dealing with the combat system. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad, if I played NWN2 to the end, but the game was so boring, I just skipped over to MotB and didn't regret a thing.

I'm hoping Pillars of Eternity combat system will be easier to learn. If not... cheats, here I come.

Hells yeah for cheat codes. I don't think PoE combat is my cuppa so god mode may be the only way I see the end of the game.

I'm not even sad. I'm impressed.

:lol: How other people enjoy playing their single player game can make you sad? Weird.

I like what I like and what Ive seen of PoE combat so far isn't it. So I'll either throw $52.00 into the crapper or I'll try to salvage some enjoyment from the game. Im very much looking forward to the story and stronghold but the only way for me to get there may be to enable god mode and just pimpslap all the encounters.

• Like 2

:lol: How other people enjoy playing their single player game can make you sad? Weird.

I like what I like and what Ive seen of PoE combat so far isn't it. So I'll either throw $52.00 into the crapper or I'll try to salvage some enjoyment from the game. Im very much looking forward to the story and stronghold but the only way for me to get there may be to enable god mode and just pimpslap all the encounters.

Eh, it's the uncompromising attitude. I'm not one who thrives in the face of challenge. I play on normal and have cheated before when I got frustrated.

But to jump straight in and go "F*ck this, it's all too hard for me! I'll Godmode right to the end.", that I don't understand.

If it's just story, not backing and waiting for a Let's Play on Youtube might have been the more economically sound decision.

But of course you're right, enjoy however you want.

Eh, it's the uncompromising attitude. I'm not one who thrives in the face of challenge. I play on normal and have cheated before when I got frustrated.

But to jump straight in and go "F*ck this, it's all too hard for me! I'll Godmode right to the end.", that I don't understand.

If it's just story, not backing and waiting for a Let's Play on Youtube might have been the more economically sound decision.

But of course you're right, enjoy however you want.

Ive tried the BB and for me combat is....not fun. Using cheat codes is my compromise. Im notoriously fickle wrt games and have outright quit playing far more than I have completed, so cheat codes may be my only chance to see the end. As for monies, as a backer I was already committed before any of this information came to light so that's on me.

For what it's worth, I'd give the finalized game's combat a chance before you resort to fully cheat-codin' your way through. I understand your situation, and I understand using some aid (mods, cheats, what have you) to circumvent extreme frustration, if need be, to get to experience the rest of the game. But, I'm with Quadrone, in that it does seem like you might be throwing your hands up at some aspects of the game just a bit prematurely. That's all.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I really think that's an excellent strategy. It may have changed significantly enough by the time you get to it that things are a lot more bearable, maybe even a wee bit enjoyable, that were once grief-inducing. But, even if that's the final state, if you were to keep trying it every couple weeks, and the changes made were getting there, but weren't un-frustrating enough, you might kind of hit your frustration threshold and just say "to hell with it," and, at the very least, miss out on the enjoyment of the game prior to securing a bunch of mods/cheats that you felt you needed.

Again, if you just plain can't stand it when it's done, then, by all means, cheat away. :). And yeah, normally it'd be a "then don't buy it!" thing, but... well, when you funded it 2 years ago, it's a little different. 8P

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

After comparing my experience of playing New Vegas (on PC, with a console to fix things) to my friend's experience of playing New Vegas (on a console, which meant no console - irony points ahoy), and from what I have heard about other games Obsidian have developed (almost always great, almost always buggy), I would be a little wary of playing an Obsidian game without access to the console.

`This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!` - God Emperor of Didcot by Toby Frost.

After comparing my experience of playing New Vegas (on PC, with a console to fix things) to my friend's experience of playing New Vegas (on a console, which meant no console - irony points ahoy), and from what I have heard about other games Obsidian have developed (almost always great, almost always buggy), I would be a little wary of playing an Obsidian game without access to the console.

Well, for what it's worth, the Bethesda engine (Fallout 3/NV, Oblivion, Skyrim) HATES the PS3. I think it was bad on 360, also, compared to PC. But, those games in particular were horrible on PS3. Dunno why.

It'd be interesting to have a game system designed around the use of cheat codes. For example, earn karma points and use those to enable specific minor cheats, or one-time major cheats. Kind of like the old Luck Points from WFRP.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

So I fired up v392 and rolled an Orlan Cipher (both firsts for me). Since it had a little star next to it on the character sheet I maxed out Perception and added points to the other two stats that had little stars next to them. :shrugz: I assume this means that those are favored stats for that class? Anywho, gather up the quests and made it through the first 2-3 beetle battle no problem. When I went to move the statue I got savaged for a tpw. It was mostly my fault but also BB priest decided to display my Cipher spells when I would click on the priest spellbook, so that was it for my interest level after the wipe. This version is much better and the pace is less hectic. Combat still a dogpile, and it may be me old eyeballs, but I cant see sh...anything in the mass of combatants.

At least we know the command to get rid of the fog of war now :D

And I'm of the same opinion as Gfted1. I'll of course try to get through the game by normal means (learning the mechanics, lowering difficulty level etc.). But if I can't progress because the combat is too hard or something like that, then I'll resort to cheats or trainers (especially if I like the game/story and would like to see it to the end!).

Can't wait for the game to come out =)

Honestly, I have no intention of ever completing the game "normally"  :shrugz:

If I like the combat then I will bump up my stats/abilities and set the game on whichever difficulty setting gives you the most mooks to kill

If I don't like the combat then easy and whatever cheats get me through it as quickly as possible

Free games updated 3/4/21

Don't know about cheat codes, but this necro thread OP avatar has me slightly mesmerized. Feels like she's looking back, right at me, sorry to have let me go, forced to be with that guy only because he drives a nicer car.   

Or maybe she's saying "Cheatcodes, wanna use them or not?".

As for me. Dunno.

I think I'll give this a go at normal first and see what I think.

Dunno. I started replaying IWD2 and used the character editor almost instinctively.

A bit of a STR boost for casters, nudge nudge. Makes things slightly more convenient.

• Like 1

My favorite cheatcode is the one that skips to the credits. So I can "beat" the game as quickly as possible. 8P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70495-the-range-of-zoom-amount-seems-very-limited/?p=1569430

Console cheats confirmed

There are indeed Steam achievements.

There will be a console command that unlocks all of the "cheat" commands. If you enable that, your playthrough will no longer be able to achievements (you can reload your game prior to enabling cheats and still be able to get achievements).

The zoom range is currently closest = pixel perfect (no seeing the background textures scaled/pixelated). You just have a very high DPI screen so your characters are likely small at pixel perfect. We're looking into maybe adding a DPI based zooming option in one of the patches (always make closest zoom make my character around ~1.5 inches on screen). Probably would only work on full screen mode though.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

I don't know what's worst. Admitting to being a cheater or an achievement monger? Especially now that you have to choose since they are confirmed as being mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Id like more information for my console command-a-palooza:

How do you activate the console command ui?

What are the known console commands? So far the only one I know is "Rest" = resting. Does anyone have a list? I don't need the whole thing but Im specifically interested in the god mode, experience points and add gold commands.

Taken from Bester's mod thread

1. How to add an NPC to party?
You need an NPC's id first. The way you do it is simple, you just need to be on the same map with the guy.
Type FindCharacter NPCname - for example you want to add Medreth to your party, you type "FindCharacter Medreth". You will see a few lines like NPC_Medreth_Guard_Man, etc, and one of them will be NPC_Medreth. This is the id that you need.
Now type AddToParty NPC_Medreth
And voila. Here Medreth joined the party:

2. Change zoom range
SetZoomRange minValue maxValue - will not change your current zoom, but will allow you to zoom really close and really far with the mouse wheel... try typing SetZoomRange 0.1 200
You can input any values of course.

3. Force an NPC who is not a party member to walk somewhere
AIPathToPoint guid1 guid2 movementType
guid1 = it's the guy who you want moved. For example NPC_Medreth_Guard_Dwarf
guid2 = it's where you want the guy to go. You can give him anything you can find in FindObject or FindCharacter... You can give him TurningWheel(Clone) or NPC_Villager_Female_03 and he'll go there. He won't go if he can't reach that place.
MovementType = it's a number 2, 3 or 4... 2 = walk, 3 = run, 4 = sprint
Example: AIPathToPoint NPC_Medreth_Guard_Dwarf NPC_Villager_Female_03 2

4. Make NPC (who are not party members) fight someone
Same principle as with above, the command is AIForceAttack
Example: AIForceAttack NPC_Medreth_Guard_Dwarf NPC_Medreth_Guard_Man

5. Jump to another area
AreaTransition mapname guid
If you don't know any object's ID, just type in "Waypoint_A_1" (you'll land beyond the borders, but the area will load), and then you'll use TeleportPartyToLocation (described later in this post) to position yourself on the map properly.
Example: AreaTransition AR_0002_Dyrford_Tavern_01 Waypoint_A_1
The list of all areas: https://dl.dropboxus...8/poe-areas.txt
By the way, instead of long names, you can just use the corresponding number of the area from the file.
Most of them don't seem to be in the game right now. But when you attempt to jump there, you will see a picture of the area (which is unique for each area). For example, trying to jump to AR_1015_Od_Nua_Dragon will yield you this picture:

Here are the 16 loading screens that I found in the game files: http://imgur.com/a/wzxvj#0

6. Unlock an area on the world map
WorldMapSetVisibility mapname visibilitytype (visibilitytypes are: 0 = locked, 1 = unlocked, 2 = hidden, 3 = developerOnly)
Of course it's useless to unlock areas that aren't supposed to be drawn on the map, like some caves.
If the name of the area indicates it to be outdoors, you can try it. For example: WorldMapSetVisibility AR_0301_Ondras_Gift_Exterior 1

7. Deal damage to anyone
Same deal as before.
DealDamage ID value
Example: DealDamage NPC_Medreth_Guard_Man 200

8. Kill anyone
Example: Kill NPC_Medreth_Guard_Man

9. HealParty
Obvious.

10. Open container (ignoring lock)
Open chest_01 true
-- didn't try this one, didn't have a locked chest near me, so it might not work

11. Hire an NPC
OpenCharacterCreationNewCompanion cost endingLevel
The first parameter represents how much it will cost if the player completes this companion.
The second one stands for what level the companion will be.
Example OpenCharacterCreationNewCompanion 0 8

12. Rest
Forces rest no matter where you are and no matter what your supplies are.

13. Make someone hostile
Example: SetIsHostile CRE_Boar_Animal_Companion(Clone) true
Example2: SetIsHostile CRE_Boar_Animal_Companion(Clone) false

14. Various teleports
TeleportObejctToLocation guid guid
TeleportPartyToLocation guid
TeleportPlayerToLocation guid
Example: TeleportPartyToLocation CRE_Boar_Animal_Companion(Clone)

15. Misc
ActivateStronghold - it will allow you to click on the stronghold button and open the UI
ManageParty
Screenshake durationValue strengthValue - example Screenshake 1 1
-- Shakes the screen with a certain intensity for a certain amount of time
SoulMemoryCameraEnable true (or false)
-- Gives you some kind of tunnel vision and everything becomes somewhat purple
Stronghold UI, not much to it:

16. The ones I didn't figure out:
ChangeWaterLevel (guid, single, single) -- probably didn't find the right guid for water... didn't look very hard, either
EncounterSpawn (guid) -- don't know what guid to use here
AddPrisoner (guid) -- It probably puts people in your prison, but there's no interface to check that.

17. Utility
AddItem itemname number - example: AddItem misc_troll_head 1
(the names of the items are the names of the files located in PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle)
GivePlayerMoney number
AddExperience number
AddExperienceToLevel number -- gives you enough experience to reach level "number"
Skill charname skillname value - example: Skill player stealth 10 (player is what you type in when you mean your own character)
-- example2: Skill Companion_BB_Rogue(Clone)_3 stealth 10
(AttributeScore charname attribute value - doesn't work currently)
AddAbility charname abilityname - example: AddAbility player Defender
(the names of the abilities can also be found in PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle)
AddTalent talentname
(same here)
AdvanceQuest questname - didn't try
(not the same as with abilities and items... the name here is something else, but it's too boring to look into)

18. Create a creature
BSC creaturename bool (0 for friendly, 1 for hostile)

For now, the only names known are the file names starting with "cre_" in assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle
So for example to spawn a friendly "Obsidian Wurm" (it's an animal companion), you type:
BSC cre_wurm_obsidian_pet 0

For a hostile druid cat:
BSC cre_druid_cat01 1

Now that's about it for the console. Like I said, some of those commands require you to install a simple mod. You can download it here: https://dl.dropboxus...impleMod.v1.zip
Extract the file and put it into the "Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity_Data\Managed" folder

Not sure how much will change for the release

• Like 1