Anybody else got reverse buyer's remorse?

I was often close to raise, but (un?)fortunately I had to use PayPal where it's not as easy as with kickstarter, if possible at all. I kinda wanted a physical tier, but didn't see the point in adding so much just for shipping. In the end though I think I made a good decision in just paying a price I consider reasonable for a new game ($50).

• Like 2

I totally wish I could have pledged more... but I couldn't realistically do so. I'm probably in a bad spot as it is, but some of those addons were really alluring... Not that I *needed* the addons to pledge more, they were just the deciding factor in a "can I afford this?" battle.

Edited by Odarbi

I really hope it will be possible to up the pledge later, I wanted the printed Collector's Book so badly but i couldn't afford 250 just now and my salary arrives next week :-/

Is it possible to somehow convince the good folks at Obsidian to make it possible for us to increase our pledges later?

More like 'missing out remorse' I would have loved the $350 package but I completely missed the boat on it. The cpu in that apu is better than mine (not by much) but enough to warrant getting it by backing Project Eternity.

• Like 1

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I think I pledged enough. I would have loved pledging more but I think we all did what we could and that is what Obsidian admires. That's what I got from the speech from Feargus on the livestream party. Now I can't wait for the launch party live stream :D.

No. I pledged everything I could and more even (I'll be eating soup all of next month). But apparently Obsidian is thinking about opening a web store, lots of opportunities there for more spending when that gets here.

So you could buy the cloth map if you wanted to?

I backed it with $25, and yes, I do feel bad about giving so little. That said, I'm happy to have pledged anything--I didn't think I'd even have $25 to spare between college and gas.

Like others, if I had the money, I'd be designing a character right now.

• Like 1

No. I pledged everything I could and more even (I'll be eating soup all of next month). But apparently Obsidian is thinking about opening a web store, lots of opportunities there for more spending when that gets here.

So you could buy the cloth map if you wanted to?

I have no idea if that will be in it, from what I read they were considering a poster of the Endless Dungeon and the Almanac, possibly the playing cards.

To me it is a question of why do you regret pledging as you did. If you feel that you had pledged too little, why is that? Is it because you wanted the merchandise? If it is because you wanted a particular item which only appears in a higher tier, I would not be surprised to see some of the merchandise offered again to the public at the later date. Unsold merchandise has to be sold at some time. Or is it because you wanted to give more in support of Obsidian? If that is the case, then worry not, there will be more opportunities for you to part with your money. If you feel you had pledged too much, and is now thinking of reducing or even withdrawing your pledge, to me that is tantamount to credit/debit card fraud. You will have effectively gone back on your word to show your material support.

If you agree with my reasoning, then there is no good reason to regret pledging. Instead put the ball in Obsidian's court and see how they will be playing the next round. Then perhaps you will find a stronger reason for regret, no?

To me it is a question of why do you regret pledging as you did. If you feel that you had pledged too little, why is that? Is it because you wanted the merchandise? If it is because you wanted a particular item which only appears in a higher tier, I would not be surprised to see some of the merchandise offered again to the public at the later date. Unsold merchandise has to be sold at some time. Or is it because you wanted to give more in support of Obsidian? If that is the case, then worry not, there will be more opportunities for you to part with your money. If you feel you had pledged too much, and is now thinking of reducing or even withdrawing your pledge, to me that is tantamount to credit/debit card fraud. You will have effectively gone back on your word to show your material support.

If you agree with my reasoning, then there is no good reason to regret pledging. Instead put the ball in Obsidian's court and see how they will be playing the next round. Then perhaps you will find a stronger reason for regret, no?

Alas, I have all the physical stuff I want. It was the design aspect that tempted me.

There are some goodies in a couple of the higher tiers that I was tempted to get, but I kept asking myself, "Do I really need them?". In the end, I'm happy with the reward tier I pledged for.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)