I'm going to avoid the forums for a while, as I think I could drive myself mad guessing what the game will be like.

Think I should sit back relax play some other games and wait for final release date.

To Obsidian thank you. You gave updates to your community constantly. 26 updates during the Kickstarter that's huge double fine has 12 (5 of which are episode updates once the Kickstarter ended) Looking forward to more updates as time goes by and to see how the documentary will take shape.

The community here has been fantastic especially the people organising OO. Who knew marshmallows and paladins were natural enemies?

The last minutes of the Kickstarter were crazy and hugely enjoyable. Lovely to see a team genuinely happy (drunk admittedly) for the project there about to start.

Also every goal hit (happy dance).

• Like 1

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

I'm going to avoid the forums for a while, as I think I could drive myself mad guessing what the game will be like.

Think I should sit back relax play some other games and wait for final release date.

To Obsidian thank you. You gave updates to your community constantly. 26 updates during the Kickstarter that's huge double fine has 12 (5 of which are episode updates once the Kickstarter ended) Looking forward to more updates as time goes by and to see how the documentary will take shape.

The community here has been fantastic especially the people organising OO. Who knew marshmallows and paladins were natural enemies?

The last minutes of the Kickstarter were crazy and hugely enjoyable. Lovely to see a team genuinely happy (drunk admittedly) for the project there about to start.

Also every goal hit (happy dance).

I agree, I too will be ducking out to do other things. I've had Dishonored sitting in my PS3 waiting for me for the past week to play it, and come January of next year i'll be looking forward to some Ni No Kuni playtime.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I think I'll be playing some NWN2 while waiting, I can see these forums running out of things to discuss and repeatedly arguing the same things ad nauseum.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I think I'll be playing some NWN2 while waiting, I can see these forums running out of things to discuss and repeatedly arguing the same things ad nauseum.

Omg, thank you for reminding me I was thinking all day at work "I need to replay NWN2" and you should stop by the forums from time to time for updates (I know I will, but I just won't be on as much as I was.) For example the live stream of Arcanum that will happen since we hit 4 million and who knows what else!

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

How can we(I) manage to survive 2 years of wait with hat amount of hype :wowey:

April 2014 Approx...... time to start a new 'count down to Eternity thread' we have..... 1 year 18 months 14 days 16 hours 46 minutes......

April 2014 Approx...... time to start a new 'count down to Eternity thread' we have..... 1 year 18 months 14 days 16 hours 46 minutes......

Could be sooner for those with Beta access, at which point these forums will run with blood.

More likely, though, the game will be delayed a bit: it's a much larger undertaking now than it was when the original project was framed.

Just created my account today... Damn I followed the whole Kickstarter event, checked the updates everyday, watched all Josh, Tim and Adam videos, watched the crazy final countdown party (Woooooo Chris, Woooo Alvin, Wooooo Tim, Wooooo Feargus, Wooooo Green Shirt Gril!) ... and now it's over life feels so empty. ;(

Edited by Kimuji

It's been an awesome ride for sure, and I honestly never thought we'd pass 4 million and get to ~15 levels with The Endless Paths... Crazy! :grin:

But now, as they say, the real work starts. I don't even want to try to think of how excited I am that this game is being made, and by this company / these people, but I think I will also have to distance myself a bit. I'm looking forward to future updates by the team, but I don't think I'll be on the forums much. Instead, I'll focus on RL and getting through my backlog of games, and hope that will make the wait seem a bit less long :yes:

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

That will actually have more to do with Obsidian. If they decide to be forthcoming with info and actually throw out stuff for players to weigh in on there could be tons of things to talk about. Truthfully speaking though most devs are just going to stick to their team and go with what they want and only touch base with the backers here and there on flavor issues. That may even be the better way to do it. I personally wonder what the games actual final budget will be and who will handle distribution.

As for time spenders, not counting the job ;\, I have plenty of games to chew through and have been thinking about revisiting some old games such as Morrowind, or Planscape Torment for some time.

They should at least lurk and talk once in a while on the forums. Beyond that, if they have something they feel might be controversial or even popular but aren't entirely sure, i hope they wont be afraid to go to the forums to let us give some viewpoints.

Could be sooner for those with Beta access, at which point these forums will run with blood.

More likely, though, the game will be delayed a bit: it's a much larger undertaking now than it was when the original project was framed.

I hope they NDA those people. Or apply duct tape. Maybe both? ;)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I hope they NDA those people. Or apply duct tape. Maybe both? ;)

Awww come on.. Don't you want to be teased mercilessly?