Did you miss out on the Kickstarter? PayPal options are still up... but not for long!

Wasteland did an interesting thing recently. It brought back the Kickstarter tiers, with the low end ones costing significantly more than they did on the Kickstarter, and the high end ones ($1000 or $500 and up, don't remember) being the same. I don't know if it's the best solution, but at least for me it feels okay. That said, I'm not a high end backer.

I hope the Paypal option stays open a little while longer, haven't been able due to a multide of reasons to back this project within the kickstarter period and I were hoping to be able to do so once I get my next paycheck (this friday 2012-10-19). I think it would be ideal to at the very least leave it open until the end of October to let people recieve their next paycheck so they have some funds to spend.

I'm in the same position you are -- I had to back out of my pledge on kickstarter and was planning on using Paypal to donate later this week.

Following a post where i'm asking about upgrading pledge (forgot to buy physical bonus, and also to add the internationnal shipment fee),i'm wondering, i just made 2 paypal donation right now, how will it be linked to the Kickstarter donation i made?

So is there no plans to make a backer store like Wasteland 2? I wanted to raise my pledge later. :/

"And Priestess Cadegund raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'Oh Magran, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.'"

I'm in favor of giving lesser versions of KS tiers. After all, these people actually funded the game in the first place so they should have a more unique reward. (Maybe the boxed versions could be a bit different as well in Box design compared to any future boxed copies for the general public for example). On the other hand it would be nice if those that did make a pledge already to have the ability to upgrade their pledge with the proper KS style rewards as a thankyou, a bit like Wasteland 2 has done it with original backers still having the ability to pick up original KS rewards while new backers get slightly stripped down versions.

I really hope this happens as I wanted to increase my pledge before KS ended, but wasn't able to do so bec. of some circumstance. :(

Not sure about you guys but I pledge because I wanted the project to happen, I wanted the game to be made. I'm not doing this to feel special.

I couldn't care less if Obsidian wish to allow others to back the project later on. If it allows more money to help Obsidian in any way, I'm all for it. The ultimate goal here is the game itself.

• Like 6

I asked about the possibility to increase kickstarter pledge later on from obsidian a week or so ago. They said they could not promise anything, but were going to look into it, so at least they are considering giving us the same kind of possibility to increase our pledges like wasteland 2 is doing.

I hope they do give that possibility, as I would like to donate more as well, as just could not afford more right now. Even if I am still happy with my singed collector edition box as well, but still.

Ugh, see, I was dying to pledge, I still am, I just had too many financial commitments in the short term so an option to 'continue support throughout development' with the ability to get the same ks tier rewards would be great for people like me, and I think the option to increase pledges throughout development would be great too, I mean, it isn't like anything's going to be getting shipped for a while, so it only makes sense to allow that and rake in more cash, y'know?

The call of the deep.

@The Guildmaster

Why are you planning to take Paypal down so soon? This is a little disappointing, as I was really hoping to grab one of the mid-high tiers in a couple of week's time. :mellow:

If you're worried about being fair to the people who pledged early via kickstarter under the assumption that the rewards were limited availability, I think a much better solution would simply be to change some of the Paypal tiers to make them a bit less compelling. For instance, the exclusive in-game items, signed physical items, beta keys, memorial stones, wasteland 2 downloads, and expansion downloads could all be removed from the Paypal tiers... along with the really expensive tiers ($1k-$10k) offering design your own content. Or perhaps bump some stuff up like the signed collectors edition to $1000 as the new highest tier, without NPC design.

This. I am unable to offer any money at all until somewhere in the middle of next month, but when I get them, I would gladly pledge upwards $500. I understand some things can not be bought after the Kickstarter has ended (such as forum badge, design a NPC and so on) but I should still be able to get a regular Collector's Edition, an Obsidian T- shirt and that kind of swag which do not depend on time in the same way. I fully understand that few people have such an irregular economy, but for us who do, it would be great if we could buy at least some of the stuff which was offered on Kickstarter.
  • Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

All I want to know is if I can upgrade my Kickstarter pledge(either to another tier or buy getting add-ons) through PayPal. Otherwise it's kind of silly that someone who donated through PayPal can now upgrade their pledge while someone who didn't can't, but I can understand if it's too much of a hassle.

EDIT: Oh wait, end of business on Wednesday, as in TODAY? Nevermind then!

Edited by HungryHungryOuroboros

I am okay with an online store, helps bring in some money now and again. But please no repeat of kickstarter rewards, and please do not use the term 'late backers'. I turned away because of it.

Does that mean you backed out of getting the game??? Best update the Obsidian Order to show you left thread or jump on PayPal before they close it and you lose your O.O. title.

I don't see anything wrong with people who didn't hear about the project having till Christmas to pledge or Upgrade.

Preproduction has started and has a pot of cash that is a minimum. Obsidian has mentioned it is not doing full hiring or going into full production for a bit so a window while costs are still being assessed is available. During this period as much extra fund raising as possible helps us all to get a better game as more $$$ are gathered.

Admittedly to stop feature creep, no more extra goals/Endless path can be added to from this cash but the "polish" goal is a moving target and Alpha testing and iteration are things that will always be in a shortfall state. Any extra cash can be used on this and professional external Beta testing without messing with the core teams costs and goals to much (at least early in the project).

Unless Obsidian is certain that leaving PayPal open will heavily effect the viability of the forthcoming *Obsidian Store* it should be left open for a sensible "extra funding" period.

...But then again I have nothing to do with the Games Industry so guess it really is up to them.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE INFO TO GET MY TEETH INTO :)

Industrial "Cheesecake" Scribe (The slight let-down of the Obsidian Order)