Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Did you miss out on the Kickstarter? PayPal options are still up... but not for long!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

commie

commie

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm in favor of giving lesser versions of KS tiers. After all, these people actually funded the game in the first place so they should have a more unique reward. (Maybe the boxed versions could be a bit different as well in Box design compared to any future boxed copies for the general public for example). On the other hand it would be nice if those that did make a pledge already to have the ability to upgrade their pledge with the proper KS style rewards as a thankyou, a bit like Wasteland 2 has done it with original backers still having the ability to pick up original KS rewards while new backers get slightly stripped down versions.
  • Holy Cheese, RaccoonTOF and Cry0 like this

CommissarMega

CommissarMega

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

I'm in favor of giving lesser versions of KS tiers.

Problem is, that could screw people like me, who find that their pledges aren't going through (seriously, I must've tried at least 6 times).

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 125 posts
yes, that is the correct sequence of actions.

EDIT

i think he meant after they'd have normally closed it down.

Edited by Madzookeeper, 17 October 2012 - 04:53 AM.

commie

commie

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm in favor of giving lesser versions of KS tiers.

Problem is, that could screw people like me, who find that their pledges aren't going through (seriously, I must've tried at least 6 times).

I think there would have to be some common sense involved. If you make the pledge within the first week(undertandable that with the rush not all are going through now), then you still get the full rewards but really there has to be a limit eventually otherwise it's not only not fair, BUT people will wise up and think 'why should I bother backing this now when I can have the same thing at some time in the future when I really know what the game is about and can decide whether to give money or not?' In the end it will actually hurt other projects.

i think he meant after they'd have normally closed it down.

Yeah, after they close the whole thing I meant and before they open it up for the public.

Edited by commie, 17 October 2012 - 05:23 AM.

Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
Two of my friends would have to pay later this month, they'll make?

ET3D

ET3D

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Wasteland did an interesting thing recently. It brought back the Kickstarter tiers, with the low end ones costing significantly more than they did on the Kickstarter, and the high end ones ($1000 or $500 and up, don't remember) being the same. I don't know if it's the best solution, but at least for me it feels okay. That said, I'm not a high end backer.

Karthink

Karthink

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I originally picked the $20 tier on Kickstarter. Is there any way to raise my pledge?

I'm experiencing "reverse buyer's remorse", as another thread puts it. I didn't have the money to pledge $50 back then, will have it next week. :(

Inyourprime

Inyourprime

Coach of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I hope the Paypal option stays open a little while longer, haven't been able due to a multide of reasons to back this project within the kickstarter period and I were hoping to be able to do so once I get my next paycheck (this friday 2012-10-19). I think it would be ideal to at the very least leave it open until the end of October to let people recieve their next paycheck so they have some funds to spend.

I'm in the same position you are -- I had to back out of my pledge on kickstarter and was planning on using Paypal to donate later this week.

Akachi

Akachi

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
They need to close it to finalise the budget.

Maybe they'll open a backer store, or give an option to preorder it, but the crowdfuning period is over.

Syraxis

Syraxis

Arrow Fodder of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1210 posts
  • Steam:Sarethi
  • Kickstarter Backer
Does that mean the $4.0m stretch goal reward will be included in the final product as well?

vahadar

vahadar

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Following a post where i'm asking about upgrading pledge (forgot to buy physical bonus, and also to add the internationnal shipment fee),i'm wondering, i just made 2 paypal donation right now, how will it be linked to the Kickstarter donation i made?

Holy Cheese

Holy Cheese

The Holy Hand Grenade of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
So is there no plans to make a backer store like Wasteland 2? I wanted to raise my pledge later. :/

Klaleara

Klaleara

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
Here is my questions, will the Paypal backers contribute towards the Mega Dungeon?

If so, and they make it to 14, please for all that is right, just make it 15. Having 14 levels just seems so....wrong.

Kai

Kai

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Obsidian have talked a bit about opening up an online store, hopefully it'll happen.

Cry0

Cry0

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:daem0njin
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm in favor of giving lesser versions of KS tiers. After all, these people actually funded the game in the first place so they should have a more unique reward. (Maybe the boxed versions could be a bit different as well in Box design compared to any future boxed copies for the general public for example). On the other hand it would be nice if those that did make a pledge already to have the ability to upgrade their pledge with the proper KS style rewards as a thankyou, a bit like Wasteland 2 has done it with original backers still having the ability to pick up original KS rewards while new backers get slightly stripped down versions.

I really hope this happens as I wanted to increase my pledge before KS ended, but wasn't able to do so bec. of some circumstance. :(

Krios

Krios

Blessed of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I am okay with an online store, helps bring in some money now and again. But please no repeat of kickstarter rewards, and please do not use the term 'late backers'. I turned away because of it.

Valinthor

Valinthor

Spymaster of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
awesome. This will help rake in some more cash to make the gane even better and allow those that didnt get a chance during the KS campaign to get in on the act.

Hornet85

Hornet85

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Not sure about you guys but I pledge because I wanted the project to happen, I wanted the game to be made. I'm not doing this to feel special.

I couldn't care less if Obsidian wish to allow others to back the project later on. If it allows more money to help Obsidian in any way, I'm all for it. The ultimate goal here is the game itself.
  • Shaz, sparklecat, Klaleara and 3 others like this

Kide

Kide

Keeper of Light and Darkness of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
I asked about the possibility to increase kickstarter pledge later on from obsidian a week or so ago. They said they could not promise anything, but were going to look into it, so at least they are considering giving us the same kind of possibility to increase our pledges like wasteland 2 is doing.

I hope they do give that possibility, as I would like to donate more as well, as just could not afford more right now. Even if I am still happy with my singed collector edition box as well, but still.

-TK-

-TK-

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
Ugh, see, I was dying to pledge, I still am, I just had too many financial commitments in the short term so an option to 'continue support throughout development' with the ability to get the same ks tier rewards would be great for people like me, and I think the option to increase pledges throughout development would be great too, I mean, it isn't like anything's going to be getting shipped for a while, so it only makes sense to allow that and rake in more cash, y'know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users