Did you miss out on the Kickstarter? PayPal options are still up... but not for long!

Visit http://eternity.obsidian.net if you missed out on our Kickstarter and still want to get in on a last minute tier.

This is for an extremely limited time however (but you have at least until EOB Wednesday for us, so hurry!) We'll have an announcement with where PayPal was at - but quick spoiler:

we cleared $4.0M. :)

Thanks again to everyone who backed us on Kickstarter - we made some history today, and now it's time for us to make an old-school BG-like game that takes us back to those good ol' games.

Have a great night,

-Darren

• Like 13

I wasn't entirely sure whether or not PayPal would still be up after Kickstarter ended, so I donated yesterday within Kickstarter's last few hours or so. :)

I'm looking extremely forward to the game and am very happy the four million goal was achieved!

@The Guildmaster

Why are you planning to take Paypal down so soon? This is a little disappointing, as I was really hoping to grab one of the mid-high tiers in a couple of week's time. :mellow:

If you're worried about being fair to the people who pledged early via kickstarter under the assumption that the rewards were limited availability, I think a much better solution would simply be to change some of the Paypal tiers to make them a bit less compelling. For instance, the exclusive in-game items, signed physical items, beta keys, memorial stones, wasteland 2 downloads, and expansion downloads could all be removed from the Paypal tiers... along with the really expensive tiers ($1k-$10k) offering design your own content. Or perhaps bump some stuff up like the signed collectors edition to $1000 as the new highest tier, without NPC design.

• Like 7

@The Guildmaster

Why are you planning to take Paypal down so soon? This is a little disappointing, as I was really hoping to grab one of the mid-high tiers in a couple of week's time. :mellow:

I've also been hoping I could upgrade to 500 in a month or so, but I can also see the point of taking it down earlier to keep it more "unique".

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if the Collector's box will be available later on? I can't really afford $160 right now and I'm not super interested in all the other rewards (I just want the game in a nice box) so I was hoping to just buy it later on. Sorry for not being an early adopter but my previous kickstarter pledges and moving house recently have tapped me for cash a bit too roughly.

Thanks

Paddy

Edited by PaddyMaxson
  • Like 2

I think "Slacker backer" or late backing should be available for the next month and a bit (Till christmas) with the same tiers just missing Kickstarter exclusive badge and item (Green Shirt).

After that the Obsidian store should be up and pre-orders and a different (lesser) set of extra's should be available till launch (whenever that ends up being).

Hopefully at Launch a pre-order for the expansion (I already have it) with kickstarter like tiers to get featured in the game/design an inn etc. This is cash Obsidian otherwise wouldn't see (Only $25 for each expansion) and you already know your fans want to give you cash for stuff like this.

I really want a big game with high quality and that takes cash... And this is a great way of getting it without resorting to Shady DLC tactics (not that I think they would)

Long live Obsidian...

For Eternity in fact

;)

• Like 1

Industrial "Cheesecake" Scribe (The slight let-down of the Obsidian Order)

Also could it be made clear how people can use PayPal to add to a Kickstarter order as it will save you guys time processing it all.

(I kinda want to add the playing cards and CD soundtrack but can't do it till November as the $250 + O.O. $8 have put me @ my limit as they were more important)

Industrial "Cheesecake" Scribe (The slight let-down of the Obsidian Order)

I hope there will be an option for backers to increase our pledge in the future.

Many users including me could certainly afford more over a longer period of time and I would certainly love to get the highest digital tiers once I have a full time job, lol.

• Like 4

I hope the Paypal option stays open a little while longer, haven't been able due to a multide of reasons to back this project within the kickstarter period and I were hoping to be able to do so once I get my next paycheck (this friday 2012-10-19). I think it would be ideal to at the very least leave it open until the end of October to let people recieve their next paycheck so they have some funds to spend.

• Like 1

"How was I supposed to know it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway"

@ commissarmega

yea, that should work fine. just need to make sure it's the exact same amount is all.

Righto! Looks like Amazon's loss is PayPal's (and Obsidian's) gain!

EDIT: So just to be sure, this is the process I'll have to go through:

1) 'Donate own amount' option

2) Donate the $$$ I want to, with shipping, physical goods and tier level in the 'Special Instructions' box

3) ???

4) Obsidian profits!

Am I correct?

Edited by CommissarMega

I'm in favor of giving lesser versions of KS tiers. After all, these people actually funded the game in the first place so they should have a more unique reward. (Maybe the boxed versions could be a bit different as well in Box design compared to any future boxed copies for the general public for example). On the other hand it would be nice if those that did make a pledge already to have the ability to upgrade their pledge with the proper KS style rewards as a thankyou, a bit like Wasteland 2 has done it with original backers still having the ability to pick up original KS rewards while new backers get slightly stripped down versions.

• Like 3

I'm in favor of giving lesser versions of KS tiers.

Problem is, that could screw people like me, who find that their pledges aren't going through (seriously, I must've tried at least 6 times).

I think there would have to be some common sense involved. If you make the pledge within the first week(undertandable that with the rush not all are going through now), then you still get the full rewards but really there has to be a limit eventually otherwise it's not only not fair, BUT people will wise up and think 'why should I bother backing this now when I can have the same thing at some time in the future when I really know what the game is about and can decide whether to give money or not?' In the end it will actually hurt other projects.

i think he meant after they'd have normally closed it down.

Yeah, after they close the whole thing I meant and before they open it up for the public.

Edited by commie

Two of my friends would have to pay later this month, they'll make?

Dea Mortis, iuravi, Carissimam servaturum, Dea Mortis, servabo, ut tempora recte ducam

Steam: Ryuuzaaki | PSN: x_-Ryuzaki-_x | Live: Yorudoragon | Wii: 1179 5373 5105 2010 | BattleTag: Ryuzaki#2821