Did we get last stretch goal?

We did. The Kickstarter came in at $3 986 929 and the Pay-Pal donations, from the latest Twitter update, are at $140 099.

I know that I heard PayPal was at $150,000 much earlier in the day. I would expect it ended higher than this, and in fact, PayPal is still open for an undisclosed period of time, so more should come in.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I'll be really curious to see what the final tally is. I'm new to kickstarter, but apparently a lot (or some?) of the transactions don't go through.

Some might not go through to people that backed with no intention of actually doing it, and others might just not pay attention and get theirs dropped because of incorrect CC information.

The last stretch goal was filler anyway. "Any" extra amount would have been spent editing the features already added.

This is the second project I back, so I don't know either, but wouldn't the final total amount show only the successful transactions? I don't know how much they would wait, and how much banks etc. affect that.

No. Failed payments aren't included.

Trying to get into the economics behind Project Eternity is difficult. In the end I imagine they have between $3,000,000-3,400,000 to spend on developing the game -- they lose $400,000 immediately on payments to Amazon and Kickstarter (%5 each), probably spend $200,000-$300,000 on prizes and shipping. If "trends" hold (I only have the Banner Saga to compare it to), then failed payments should be small -- maybe as low as $10,000-$25,000, though it could be as high as $50,000-100,000. I'm pretty sure Unity is paid for out of their profits.

In accordance with median salaries in the gaming industry, thought ought to be able to employ about 40 people over 18 months of development (assuming they start immediately).

All very rough and easily mistaken estimates, particularly concerning development.

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

The last stretch goal was filler anyway. "Any" extra amount would have been spent editing the features already added.

This is the second project I back, so I don't know either, but wouldn't the final total amount show only the successful transactions? I don't know how much they would wait, and how much banks etc. affect that.

No. Failed payments aren't included.

So then, the number we see is the succesful transactions only. Which means we are fine, I guess.

Otherwise, I'm sure we are still good.

Edited by kenup

Pretty sure the amount shown on KS is simply amount pledged, not the $ amount of transactions gone through, since processing occurs over time and is not necessarily instant. The final amount will still take some time to do. They have to gather the KS money, give people chances to pay if it didn't go through, and likewise collect paypal money, then make sure it all gets transferred properly to wherever they need to transfer it (it's a big transaction :o), and then once KS, Amazon and PP skim off the top...we'll finally know final amounts :p

The last stretch goal wasn't filler, it was probably one of the most important ones.

Perhaps 'filler' was too strong -- the "4,000,000" concept was a substitution for the idea that any amount over 3,500,000 would contribute to polishing the features already added. It could have ended at 4,300,000 and the result would have been comparable to 3,800,000. There was no critical need to get to 4,000,000 exactly.

For example, we "probably" could have gotten the fortress for 2.85 million, but not for 2.75 million, as it would have strained the limits of development to be too generous.

Enhancement we could have gotten for any amount over 3.5 million.

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

The last stretch goal wasn't filler, it was probably one of the most important ones.

Perhaps 'filler' was too strong -- the "4,000,000" concept was a substitution for the idea that any amount over 3,500,000 would contribute to polishing the features already added. It could have ended at 4,300,000 and the result would have been comparable to 3,800,000. There was no critical need to get to 4,000,000 exactly.

For example, we "probably" could have gotten the fortress for 2.85 million, but not for 2.75 million, as it would have strained the limits of development to be too generous.

Enhancement we could have gotten for any amount over 3.5 million.

While I agree with you, the Endless Dungeon undermines that argument a bit. A huge dungeon irrelevant of budget just based on popularity. It suggests that the extent of Obsidian's commitment to the project was not set...

But there are more important things right now:

What character will Mr. Avellone play in Arcanum for his first playthrough?

Has he started yet?

If not, why not?

;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

As most have said we are most likely safe as far as the 4 mil goal goes but Obsidian have not marked it as achieved on the kickstarter page and have not recognized the 14th dungeon level which should also be safely achieved with paypal.....this makes me a bit uncomfortable. I hope they come back and actually make the 4 mil goal and 14th dungeon level official. They said they'll be in touch soon so we'll see.

I already got both Kickstarter and Amazon emails confirming that my card has already been charged so it shouldn't be much longer now.

• Like 1

1zq6793.jpg