Let's Talk About Easter Eggs ...

Maybe one of the higher-tier-backers will design an enemy party like the inexperienced adventurers in BG2 that try to kill your party and reload afterwards. That was a funny encounter :D

• Like 1

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen

I seriously wonder where all the nice and well behaved people from this forum and the kickstarter comments (that's you!) hid last night in chat while the annoying male virgins took over and crossed the line more than once. That said, I think the Obsidians managed it very well and even the "Green Shirt Girl" running jokes from their side were funny, I wouldn't mind her being an easter egg, it was good fun. I just wish some people would grow up and stop crossing the line with really low "boobs and ****" comments, it was really embarrassing.

• Like 5

As someone who watched the final livecast I'd like to add my voice into the chorus of folks disapointed with the antics over the Green-shirted lass (or the Woman in the Gray shirt or the Blue shirt for that matter). It reflected rather poorly on us as a community. If the ladies in the green, blue and gray shirt are brought up in any way as easter eggs I'd like it to be reflective of the absurd spectacle of letcherous men. Make them shape-shifting demons who devour their pursuers.

Edited by .Leif.
  • Like 3

'Kick Start'

-at the beginning of every new game you start your character will always kick a rat out of the way before they take their first step.

'Stretch Goal'

-a scene/dungeon where a person is being tortured on a rack while their tormentor(s) mockingly cheers for them to meet the next stretch goal.

• Like 1

Can someone explain the "Green Shirt Girl" Phenomenon for me? I missed it O.o

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

Keep in mind that that live stream was open to any and everyone, some or most of those lecherous men may not have been backers of this project.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

As soon as the female employees of Obsidian were visible in the webcam, the chat exploded with sexist remarks. "Green Shirt" was apparently the favorite of most male virgins. But Obsidian handled it well and everyone seemed to have fun nevertheless.

I've got a growing list in my mind of stuff I'd like to see oblique references to in the game from the KS campaign (especially after watching the live stream today)

1. "Green shirt girl"

GkR7w.gif

Yes, let's remind everybody of how creepy and disgusting those livestream comments got as soon as a real actual female appeared.

• Like 1

Green Shirt Girl ROCKS!

Pink unicorns too!

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

As soon as the female employees of Obsidian were visible in the webcam, the chat exploded with sexist remarks. "Green Shirt" was apparently the favorite of most male virgins. But Obsidian handled it well and everyone seemed to have fun nevertheless.

I see. And that is something you want to be remembered of in the game? I mean, its great that it didn't completely escalated, but I personally wouldn't celebrate sexist remarks, whatever the reaction to them was...

• Like 1

I see. And that is something you want to be remembered of in the game? I mean, its great that it didn't completely escalated, but I personally wouldn't celebrate sexist remarks, whatever the reaction to them was...

Most of the remarks weren't sexist.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Most of the remarks weren't sexist.

I think it's fair to say most of them were pathetic.

• Like 2

Not having been there I can't really say anything about that. I guess he women at Obsidian should have the final word about a Green Shirt Girl Easteregg then, seeing as they are the ones who know how much they would have been annoyed by the remarks. (Knowing the internet and gamers I am aware that their opinions about "it was a joke" differ from other people's, especially women) ;)

Edited by Chabneruk

Sounded to me like people were just joyful and maybe a little drunken.

Anyway, why don't people mention (nor seem to have noticed) that incredible pink unicorn! Didn't anyone else see people dancing with a pink unicorn?

Sounded to me like people were just joyful and maybe a little drunken.

Boobs and boner comments? Not all of them were that bad, but some were very loud. Even less pleasant with the two kids watching ("will children be killable in P:E? )... :banghead:

But as was said before, it was a stream open to everyone and I don't blame this community.

Is it the Invisible Pink Unicorn? :p Then maybe people really didn't see it.

Back to topic: Maybe you could also find a group of adventurers that just realised they are all related (and children of some god)... and then its just a minor, irrelevant god like Brokken, God of item durability.

But as was said before, it was a stream open to everyone and I don't blame this community.

I logged into that stream for five minutes. I read IRC messages galore of pathetic adolescents throwing unwarranted sexually inappropriate comments towards all female Obsidian employees (visible, of course, for everybody in that room and all the 1450+ people logged on to the stream), with practically no-one speaking out against that, I saw a bunch of people sitting around on couches and not doing much and I saw people downing shots of (presumably) hard liquor (accompagnied by shouts of encouragment by the rest of the staff) in front of small children.

It was one of the most depressing things I've seen on the internet so far. If anything, it decreased my respect for the people at Obisidian and vastly decreased my respect for its fanbase.

Edited by Jebus

Well, I think pink unicorns should appear in the game at any rate.

And I still think Nicole rocks. She's a graphical genius, she is. :)

The stream was a social occasion, a party, not an official a coronation ceremony. A goofy tone of comments was perfectly acceptable. I didn't follow the chat that much, but if indeed there were those who went too far with their comments, they should be ashamed. However, I don't see a reason to be a stiff and condemn the silly, yet harmless behaviour of most participants. It's called having fun. I didn't see anyone offended by the comments and the ladies were just having fun as everyone around them and actually seemed to have enjoyed the sudden outburst of popularity. So again, i think, apart from those occasions were the comments were really out of place, I see no need for moralizing.

Edited by norolim
  • Like 3

The stream was a social occasion, a party, not an official a coronation ceremony. A goofy tone of comments was perfectly acceptable. I didn't follow the chat that much, but if indeed there were those who went too far with their comments, they should be ashamed. However, I don't see a reason to be a stiff and condemn the silly, yet harmless behaviour of most participants. It's called having fun. I didn't see anyone offended by the comments and the ladies were just having fun as everyone around them and actually seemed to have enjoyed the sudden outburst of popularity. So again, i think, apart from those occasions were the comments were really out of place, I see no need for moralizing.

I agree. I saw that the kids had fun and surely weren't hurt by Avellone sitting next to them a little tipsy, I'm sure they won't automatically become future alcoholics or mass murderers just for being on a party with adults. Also I think ignoring the really stupid remarks in chat (which the Obsidian guys did) was the best thing they could do and they still had fun with the less stupid comments. All in all I think it was a very fun stream and I really like the whole Obsidian bunch!

• Like 1

You don't 'have fun' with people sexually harassing your employees and/or co-workers, even if it's only with the 'less stupid' segment. Even ignoring it is not acceptable. As an employer you have the responsability of speaking out against, or coming down on, people who display that behaviour towards your employees. As far as I know none of the Obsidian employees did anything to warrant being treated that way. I'm sure the females on that staff would've liked to have been complimented on their skills, succes and 'cool' just as the male employees were, but instead they were met with a barrage of lewd comments.

Also, you don't binge drink and/or have drinking games in front of children. You don't cheer on (or peer pressure) people who down shots in front of children. You don't get tipsy in front of children. If the reasons for that aren't obvious, I don't know anymore.

• Like 1

This thread is getting heated. I think we're not talking about Easter eggs now. Maybe if we talked about pink unicorns?