Frustration with updating tiers

I know it's my fault for waiting until the end to do the update but I tried for about 3 hours to update my pledge from the $35 tier to the $110 tier and when it finally when through it was 40 seconds too late so I was locked at 35...so frustrating haha. Does anyone know a way to increase one's tier via the paypal system or is that closed now too?

I know it's my fault for waiting until the end to do the update but I tried for about 3 hours to update my pledge from the $35 tier to the $110 tier and when it finally when through it was 40 seconds too late so I was locked at 35...so frustrating haha. Does anyone know a way to increase one's tier via the paypal system or is that closed now too?

They said they'd keep the Paypal system open for a while after the KS finished. Not sure how you can raise the KS pledge through Paypal though (or if it's even possible).

If you do try and go through Paypal to update your pledge reward email them about it. Include your username for Kickstarter (a link to your profile if you can), and also the Confirmation and Reference Number of the Paypal email for what you pledged. They 'should' be able to verify both and hopefully give you the tier for the pledge you want.

I didn't think there was, but being that this is the first time I've felt so commited to making something that I'd be willing to pay over 4 times it's "value" to see it happen I just needed to vent. I'll take some time and think about what I can and am willing to spend, then probably use the paypal system. I'm just unsure if the money will be of extra use at this late stage with them so far over their goal.

I didn't think there was, but being that this is the first time I've felt so commited to making something that I'd be willing to pay over 4 times it's "value" to see it happen I just needed to vent. I'll take some time and think about what I can and am willing to spend, then probably use the paypal system. I'm just unsure if the money will be of extra use at this late stage with them so far over their goal.

Well, they may have went over their goals, but they still have to pay out the fees associated with Kickstarter and Paypal. I don't know off the top of my head how much of a chunk they will take, but any amount now will still benefit the development in the long run.

Well, they may have went over their goals, but they still have to pay out the fees associated with Kickstarter and Paypal. I don't know off the top of my head how much of a chunk they will take, but any amount now will still benefit the development in the long run.

Kickstarter grabs 5% IIRC, Amazon another 3% or so for payment processing. If via Paypal (if payment is a simple money transfer) it's free.

Paypal is not free. Even in money transfers, one of the parties involved will be charged a fee. As it's used, it'll probably be something like fixed amount + some% of total. I can't remember off hand what paypals models are like for commerce type transactions.