Comprehensive Project Eternity Information Guide

Hello all,

I'm maintaining an information guide on available Project Eternity game data. This is not meant to be in the "wiki" style, where only key details are typically included. I'm trying to share just about everything, and the guy on the wiki sites who claims an entry is "too detailed", he gets punched in the face when he shows up to my guide. :p

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58186

Feel free to let me know if I've missed anything. I've been updating this regularly, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Cheers!

• Like 6

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I apologize to the powers that be for the shameless bump, but it may be that some more people want to see this, but never will while it's back on page 7.

Since I'll probably be giving this a look to refresh my memory I'll gladly bump. A lot of people prefer the wiki presentation, but this certainly seems viable too getting all the direct pieces of information relevant to PE and showing it word for word.

Still haven't had a thorough look, but if there have been any twitter comments from the devs on matters that might be worth adding to the list.

Swells, thanks for the reply, and the bump. My intent with this guide isn't just to put as much information in as possible, but to make sure that it is cleanly formatted and that everything is at your fingertips and easy to find. I have tried to group things in a logical manner, and my intent is that every topic can be found with a quick scan and then dug into further. I also try to do a fair amount of formatting on what I find so if, for example, Josh Sawyer answers an interview question that ends up addressing 3 different topics about the game, I will generally chop those responses up and place them into their appropriate locations within my guide, massaging the wording to make sure everything is clear and readable.

I like the Wiki style also, depending on what I'm looking for, but other times I prefer to have everything on a single page, and to not have to click around a lot. That's what this guide is about. I admit, I'm a bit of a detail whore. :)

I welcome any suggestions with respect to this guide, and certainly welcome having any details that I might have missed brought to my attention. I tend to work 60 - 70 hours a week (or more), have a wife, and 3 young boys, so my time to "mine" the internet for details has its limits.

EDIT: Calmar, I appreciate your encouragement as well! :thumbsup:

Edited by Marceror

I expect that I'll have no problems keeping this up to date during development. The "toughest" period was during the Kickstarter campaign, where new information was literally released daily by Obsidian, and there was a flood of interviews being published, etc. Comparitively speaking, things are boring now. :) I don't expect that we'll be getting updates more than once a week (if that), so it should be fairly easy to stay on top of things.

Once the game is out, I'll need to reevaluate this guide. A lot of the information will not be particularly relevant/helpful for a released game. At that point I'll probably convert this into an HTML format as Sorcerers.net, removing anything that isn't relevant, and adding new details that are, and this will be added as one of the many, many information guides at sorcerers.net. Time will tell on that.

As always, I appreciate the feedback.

I expect that I'll have no problems keeping this up to date during development. The "toughest" period was during the Kickstarter campaign, where new information was literally released daily by Obsidian, and there was a flood of interviews being published, etc. Comparitively speaking, things are boring now. :) I don't expect that we'll be getting updates more than once a week (if that), so it should be fairly easy to stay on top of things.

Once the game is out, I'll need to reevaluate this guide. A lot of the information will not be particularly relevant/helpful for a released game. At that point I'll probably convert this into an HTML format as Sorcerers.net, removing anything that isn't relevant, and adding new details that are, and this will be added as one of the many, many information guides at sorcerers.net. Time will tell on that.

As always, I appreciate the feedback.

It would be cool if you could keep the discarded material separate somewhere to be read, nevertheless. To understand the development stages of the setting might be of interest for people who like the world.

Good point. If I convert this to a new format, I would almost certainly keep the "pre-release" format intact for archival purposes. I simply would stop updating it.

• Like 2

Haven't had time to go through it all yet, but at a quick glance this looks great. Did you go through the 'Known Information' sticky here (I assume so, but never hurts to check), as well as the Reddit AMA summary and the Q&A summary?

Anyway, good stuff and kudos for taking this on. I know it was a lot of work just doing the Q&A summaries, so I can imagine this one was a behemoth at first.

I've linked to it in the Known Info thread, which I am unable to keep up to date at the moment. Right now the OP's Sorcerer's Place link is one of the best places to go.

I expect Ausir's wiki will thrive as time goes on, also.

Thanks for the kind words guys, and thanks Tigranes for linking this to your thread.

I was fortunate enough to interview Adam Brennecke at the Obsidian offices today about the game, and managed to come away with a couple of new details that haven't been shared publicly yet. I'll be updating my guide with those details soon enough, and posting the interview responses at sorcerers.net.

Cheers!

Sorcerer's Place is pretty old school. Used to go there back in the day when playing The BGs for tips. Nice That they are continuing the tradition.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

For anyone who's interested, my interview with Adam Brennecke is now posted at Sorcerer's Place: Project Eternity - The Game That Almost Wasn’t - An Interview with Adam Brennecke

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 1

Really good interview, squeeze dat new information out :p

So that's 3 human companions, 1 elf, 1 dwarf, 1 orlan ... now just waiting on an Aumaua and a Godlike companion. We also have 4 males 2 females, so the next two will probably be female?

Edited by Sensuki

I'm gonna have a guess and say that the next two will be both female, one Godlike, one Aumaua and they will be a Rogue and a Druid ?

I don't think there'll be a Paladin, Chanter or Barbarian companion. But who knows. I would love to be wrong!

I had rather expected that the rogue companion was going to be Orlan. The little guy makes the stereotypical rogue most of the time. That seems to be another convention that Obsidian wanted to be sure not to follow. I know that Obsidian wants to provide at least one companion for each of the core four classes. Of those we have a wizard, fighter, and priest, already. We will clearly have either a godlike or Aumua rogue. I've got my money on godlike for this companion, but who knows.

The final companion is rather up in the air, but it could be a barbarian, a chanter, a paladin or a druid. I'd be okay with any of those, but there's something about an Aumaua druid that has a certain ring to it.

Edited by Marceror

Oh, as far as you are aware are those 6 all confirmed companions or just characters?

some people seem to think they're not all going to be recruitable NPCs

I think it's a good assumption to make. But then again, during K2's development, we saw images of Atris dueling with Darth Nihlus, and many assumed that she was going to be the Bastila of our party.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It's an assumption, I admit but it seems a likely one. When I see Edair, Aloth, Forton, Cadegund, and Sagani all fighting together in full color, hi-res artwork, what am I to think but my character is the missing member of that party? I believe they will be recruitable companIons.

This is not meant to be in the "wiki" style, where only key details are typically included. I'm trying to share just about everything, and the guy on the wiki sites who claims an entry is "too detailed", he gets punched in the face when he shows up to my guide.

I run the Eternity Wiki and I certainly won't claim that any entry is too detailed. :)

This is not meant to be in the "wiki" style, where only key details are typically included. I'm trying to share just about everything, and the guy on the wiki sites who claims an entry is "too detailed", he gets punched in the face when he shows up to my guide.

I run the Eternity Wiki and I certainly won't claim that any entry is too detailed. :)

Good deal. The more detailed the better, as far as I'm concerned. :yes: