The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 5

Welcome to all the new folk!

By the way, I thought this was snazzy:

Q: What surprises have there been for you in the process?

Chris Avellone: One of the craziest things is a bunch of fans started this Order of Eternity, and we're like what is this? Apparently anyone can join as long as you up your pledge by $8. We're like, why 8? Oh it's the infinity symbol sideways; "Let's all return to the Infinity Engine." They've got their own web site, and theme music, and the art director actually made special Avatar 8 icons so when they show up in the forums they have their own special icon. To see them rally around Kickstarter like that was pretty crazy. I've seen guilds being built in games, but the fact that there's a guild being built for a Kickstarter is just crazy.

• Like 11

Wow, seems like the people of the Obsidian Order are a crazy bunch of people indeed :w00t:

• Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

You guys can still join until Sunday. Just pledge additional 8$ via PayPal.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I think Pyradox's point was that he/she doesn't have another $8 available to pledge at the moment due to already having spent any "extra" upgrading to a full higher tier already.

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

Well I knew that you guys were crazy.

But that article seems to speak of all the members of the Obsidian Order.

Thats would include me as well.

And I thought I was pretty normal. :blink:

@Raccoon

Ah okay, point taken :/ A shame though :(

Or is the belief that you are normal just an offshoot of your crazy? ;)

Oh my God! Finally someone who understands me!

;(

• Like 1

This is not the first pre-launch guild I've ever been in... But this IS the first 'pre-any-production-at-all' guild... XD

Beyond pre-prod, how many of those guilds were for a singleplayer game? hehe

2, actually. XD But that was a long time ago and it was as much just a 'story-line trade' and 'if we did a table top in this setting what would...' thing.

• Like 1

Finishing first is only impressive in a race, my dear.

dragonlady.jpg

and the art director actually made special Avatar 8 icons so when they show up in the forums they have their own special icon.

Wait, what, where!?

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

I'm guessing it will be one of the "mini-icons" below the names, as are popular on various boards for achievements and the like. We'll probably see them around the same time as the VIP badges roll out.

• Like 1

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

This is not the first pre-launch guild I've ever been in... But this IS the first 'pre-any-production-at-all' guild... XD

Beyond pre-prod, how many of those guilds were for a singleplayer game? hehe

2, actually. XD But that was a long time ago and it was as much just a 'story-line trade' and 'if we did a table top in this setting what would...' thing.

Haha awesome, reminds me of a couple i was in for things like VTM -> VTMB etc, ah the memories!

Hello everyone, I haven't spoken in a while but I have been lurking quite a bit. Watching you all from the shadows.

I just want to extend a personal welcome to everyone who's joined since I left back on page... 20 something?

Gyaha, and anyone else who would like to join, get your $8 in through paypal asap because positions will be closing up real soon. :3

• Like 1

This is not the first pre-launch build I've ever been in... But this IS the first 'pre-any-production-at-all' guild... XD

It's the first guild for a single player game I ever seen personally...

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.