The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 5

@The Mist Devil

I'm actually not quite like any of those things, except for maybe protective of the pack. But, I'll do my best. I can still be edgy, angsty, and lonely on these boards, if that helps.

@headrush

I am trying to convince my wife to go with a Husky now (and name him Ghost). Sadly, we live in Florida and she thinks it would be cruel. We're looking at getting a Corgi. But, heck, I still may name him Ghost anyways. I really like the relationship between Jon and Ghost, too. Don't throw any spoilers out though, as I'm not quite done with the series. I am three quarters through book four, and there is a distinct lack of Jon and Ghost in this book which is upsetting.

Just tugging on your leash, being teasing in a welcoming manner! Always glad to have more members join us and a Song of Ice and Fire fans are always welcomed in my book! (Sad how they changed so much in season 2 of the tv serie, when in the 1st season it was at 95% the same as the book.)

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

@headrush

I am trying to convince my wife to go with a Husky now (and name him Ghost). Sadly, we live in Florida and she thinks it would be cruel. We're looking at getting a Corgi. But, heck, I still may name him Ghost anyways. I really like the relationship between Jon and Ghost, too. Don't throw any spoilers out though, as I'm not quite done with the series. I am three quarters through book four, and there is a distinct lack of Jon and Ghost in this book which is upsetting.

Yeah name him Ghost anyway! It's fun when people ask what the dog's name is, mostly I get a weird look. Some people ask why she's named that. I usually stick to "Named after a wolf from one of my favorite books" to keep it simple, then if people ask further I'll explain more. It's crazy though, she's going on three years old now and not ONE random stranger has gotten the reference. Hopefully someday...

Enjoy the rest of the books! They are wonderful. :)

• Like 1

The first season was great. I am still waiting for the second season to be released on Blu-ray. I may breakdown and get HBO for a month just to watch it.

You should just break down and read the books :D

While I agree the series is well done and interesting, it is still missing some things that the book series has.

• Like 4
Gensou_Banner.jpg

Like big hints about Ned and Jon in book one that already had me guess who were his parents.

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

The first season was great. I am still waiting for the second season to be released on Blu-ray. I may breakdown and get HBO for a month just to watch it.

While I agree the series is well done and interesting, it is still missing some things that the book series has.

I actually started reading the books before I watched the show. They were recommended to me by a friend. I'm almost done with book four now. It's a lot slower of a read than book 3, which was a complete whirlwind of activity in the last few hundred pages.

• Like 4

/face-desks

I can't help myself. It's some kind of masochistic... THING.... or something. I keep going back into that thread and the raging stubborn pig-headedness of some people makes me clench my teeth so hard I am giving myself a migraine first thing in the morning! AAAAAAAAARHG!!!

/cries

Distract me with fun silliness about chocolate and oddly named puppies! (I adopted a pound-pup last year and named him Lucan. +10 points for who can figure out where THAT came from...)

• Like 1

Finishing first is only impressive in a race, my dear.

dragonlady.jpg

Relax Kymriana :o

Have a marshmallow and cool down :)

I know those threads are evil places, with no fluffyness in them, so sugary lil cute cubes, and worse: no bright pinkness!

So come here, to relax, gather your strength and then go back to battle and beat them up

*harr*

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I actually started reading the books before I watched the show. They were recommended to me by a friend. I'm almost done with book four now. It's a lot slower of a read than book 3, which was a complete whirlwind of activity in the last few hundred pages.

Just wait til you get to book 5 :)

I have been reading the Song of Ice and Fire since Game of Thrones was released back in the mid 90's and had a friend who worked at a bookstore give me a first edition hardcover copy of the book. Ever since then, I have been in perpetual waiting for the next book to come out. Waiting for A Dance with Dragons was almost too much to bear lol

Gensou_Banner.jpg

Relax Kymriana :o

Have a marshmallow and cool down :)

I know those threads are are evil places, with no fluffyness in them, so sugary lil cute cubes, and worse: no bright pinkness!

So come here, to relax, gather your strength and then go back to battle and beat them up

*harr*

Still trying to get people to bite? Can't fault you for you diligence.

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

/face-desks

I can't help myself. It's some kind of masochistic... THING.... or something. I keep going back into that thread and the raging stubborn pig-headedness of some people makes me clench my teeth so hard I am giving myself a migraine first thing in the morning! AAAAAAAAARHG!!!

/cries

Distract me with fun silliness about chocolate and oddly named puppies! (I adopted a pound-pup last year and named him Lucan. +10 points for who can figure out where THAT came from...)

Was it by chance from an old obscure tv show in the 70's about a boy raised by wolves? lol

*Thinks sometimes I should stop being such a bastion of useless knowledge* :geek:

Gensou_Banner.jpg

You know it doesn't work if you always warn people about me >_>

It's okay, Fluffle... I'm reaching a twitching state that the big lizard might just want a cuddle with the marshmallow-were, as dangerous as that may be. XD

Dragon-were-marshmallow.... that would be... really weird... o_0

Gensou: Haha, nope. It's from a video game. XD (My cats were named from anime's that I had either helped sub at the time or enjoyed, back in college... my mother wonders if I'll ever name a pet a 'normal' name. And given that my ball python is named Annatar... she's assumed at this point the answer is: no.)

dragonlady.jpg

If a vampire bit me, I would turn into... well a vampire-marshmallow-were

and the vampire would turn into... hmm... marshmallow-were-vampire

woah... You see? Positions are important!

Never mistake a marshmallow-were-vampire for a vampire-marshmallow-were!

Hmm or would I be the marshmallow-were-vampire?

@_@

*confused*

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

If a vampire bit me, I would turn into... well a vampire-marshmallow-were

and the vampire would turn into... hmm... marshmallow-were-vampire

woah... You see? Positions are important!

Never mistake a marshmallow-were-vampire for a vampire-marshmallow-were!

Hmm or would I be the marshmallow-were-vampire?

@_@

*confused*

I have however read somewhere that your marshmallow-wereness, as it were, does not spread to a "victim" if they are consuming you in a cup of hot dark chocolate... :biggrin:
Gensou_Banner.jpg

I have however read somewhere that your marshmallow-wereness, as it were, does not spread to a "victim" if they are consuming you in a cup of hot dark chocolate... :biggrin:

That might be true, but if you put me in a cup of hot dark chocolate, I'll soak up the chocolate, bloat, and become a gigantic hot, dark Gensou-devouring chocolate cube :o

You know in that state, I'm like Minsc in Berserker Mode, I cannot tell foe for friend :o

Edited by Fluffle

I have been reading the Song of Ice and Fire since Game of Thrones was released back in the mid 90's and had a friend who worked at a bookstore give me a first edition hardcover copy of the book. Ever since then, I have been in perpetual waiting for the next book to come out. Waiting for A Dance with Dragons was almost too much to bear lol

How many times have you read them? ;)

I'm pretty hooked too. Read the first three almost a decade ago and then had to wait it out for books four and five.

I don't typically do internet forums/commenting type stuff, my two exceptions are an ice and fire fan site, and then more recently, this (sucked in via kickstarter). :)

That might be true, but if you put me in a cup of hot dark chocolate, I'll soak up the chocolate, bloat, and become a gigantic hot, dark Gensou-devouring chocolate cube :o

You know in that state, I'm like Minsc in Berserker Mode, I cannot tell foe for friend :o

But am I really here, or just an illusion? :p

Besides, like all who are curious about this, we would only use a small piece of you to test with.

What's that over there? *Snip*

• Like 1
Gensou_Banner.jpg

How many times have you read them? ;)

I'm pretty hooked too. Read the first three almost a decade ago and then had to wait it out for books four and five.

I don't typically do internet forums/commenting type stuff, my two exceptions are an ice and fire fan site, and then more recently, this (sucked in via kickstarter). :)

Honestly, I have only read through each one once. But the story was able to stick with me pretty well so even though there were years between books 3-5, I was able to keep the story going in my head lol
  • Like 1
Gensou_Banner.jpg

Honestly, I have only read through each one once. But the story was able to stick with me pretty well so even though there were years between books 3-5, I was able to keep the story going in my head lol

I try not to think about how long this next wait will be... haha

I try not to think about how long this next wait will be... haha

I've taken a stance akin to: When the entire series is done, I'll read it. (That said, I have read the first two. Years ago. Before I realized I was heading down the same road as WoT...)

Freakin' Wheel of Time burned me. >:{

Edited by Kymriana

dragonlady.jpg

It's your fault, all of you, not just evils and weremallows, I got a 600 ml mug full of hot cholate... Gonna devour it while playing NWN2.

Song of Fire and Ice is nice but next season will have a lot of changes to the plot, I'm kinda curious how they will fix it up. :)

Edited by SeekDWay

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

I just read book 4 and 5 combined. Waiting for book five was quite an ordeal. And reading 4 and 5 combined makes it a lot easier to get back into that world.