The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 5

I'm with LC in this. The Order is an honour system and we do not demand proof of the contribution. Yes, that does enable people to avoid payment and still claim membership. If they do that however then they are only really cheating themselves as the Order was designed as an additional way to show fan support and raise funds for Obsidian so they can make us an amazing game. Personally, I don't see why anyone would bother perpetrating such a small and pointless fraud and if they did I would be more inclined to feel pity for them than spend my energy exposing them.

I suggest we stop the conversation about pledges and honour and agree not to engage in any further debate about the subject, it just gives air to people trying to stir up trouble for their own amusement and taints the positive atmosphere of the order threads. :yes:

• Like 10

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

I think I accidentally brought it up when I mentioned my story. Sorry about that.

Actually, it was because Veeno and I wanted clarification because it mattered to us. XD

But I agree, it isn't really up to us in the first place and it isn't really something to talk about further at all.

So instead I shall dance around happily to my friends that I was part of the third largest kickstarters to date and will be getting my hands on an awesome game once Obsidian is ready to release it. ;) /dancedance

• Like 1

Finishing first is only impressive in a race, my dear.

dragonlady.jpg

I'm with LC in this. The Order is an honour system and we do not demand proof of the contribution. Yes, that does enable people to avoid payment and still claim membership. If they do that however then they are only really cheating themselves as the Order was designed as an additional way to show fan support and raise funds for Obsidian so they can make us an amazing game. Personally, I don't see why anyone would bother perpetrating such a small and pointless fraud and if they did I would be more inclined to feel pity for them than spend my energy exposing them.

I suggest we stop the conversation about pledges and honour and agree not to engage in any further debate about the subject, it just gives air to people trying to stir up trouble for their own amusement and taints the positive atmosphere of the order threads. :yes:

Hear hear! The spirit of the thing is that we all love the premise of this game and want to support it in whatever small we can. Given the spontaneous generosity inherent in such an idea it only seems reasonable to assume that everyone here is of the honorable sort. Otherwise, what's the point?

Whatever your eventual status with respect to the Order, you're all jolly good fellows in my book. Be welcome, friends!

• Like 4

I finally got my activation email, after 3 weeks of trying... hell I even got 2.

I added my admition fee before the KS ended (I can provide some screenshots if need be) but as I said I was never able to activate my forum account.

Would it be too late to add me to the list as "Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order" ?

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

.... The comment section on KS was alot friendlier.

You know it's bad when the devil doesn't think things are friendly enough! (get it? because he's a devil? anybody? anybody? ...oh, go soak your head.)

Edited by Ethereal
  • Like 2

You know it's bad when the devil doesn't think things are friendly enough!

Well he isn't Satan, but Satan's child. Maybe his kid is a good guy.

By the way, if I am added I would not mind the title "High Ordinator of the Obsidian Order." If that's taken (I did a ctrl-f and I didn't see it, but it may not be updated) then "Holy Hand of the Obsidian Order."

Both references to my avatar :no:

Edited by Coincidence

53vfdj.jpg

The comment section on kickstarter had this tiny, little note "Be respectful and considerate"...

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I finally got my activation email, after 3 weeks of trying... hell I even got 2.

I added my admition fee before the KS ended (I can provide some screenshots if need be) but as I said I was never able to activate my forum account.

Would it be too late to add me to the list as "Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order" ?

In your case I believe I saw you posting in the comment section while the KS was going saying you had paid but were trying to register a forum account anyways. Not that it matters cause this group is cool and would take your word for it anyways.

In your case I believe I saw you posting in the comment section while the KS was going saying you had paid but were trying to register a forum account anyways. Not that it matters cause this group is cool and would take your word for it anyways.

Yeah that was the last day, when I was refreshing my email like mad... :blush:

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

The comment section on kickstarter had this tiny, little note "Be respectful and considerate"...

listen_to_yourself.png

• Like 8

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

On an unrelated topic, I feel like we should have our own RP board, and we all get to play our respective parts (you're stuck with whatever title you picked! xD ) in the Aedyr Kingdom (or the surrounding villages).

I think that'd turn out to be pretty amusing. And it'd be something for us, you know what I mean? Just a little idea :3

I'm not gonna bother starting one myself though. I wouldn't even know how, haha :Y

Edit: (And it's something to do while we wait for the game.)

Edited by Grand Einherjar
  • Like 3

Welcome to all the new members who added their extra $8 in the waning hours of the KS! :)

I have been lurking about the past few pages, and was a bit disturbed at the negative tone things seemed to be heading toward as well. I am glad that things appear to be resolved and that we can go back to putting the "fun" in dysfunctional :D

EDIT: Also, just my 2c on adding new members, I saw that someone (sorry forgot who :( ) had suggested waiting to find out how long the Paypal donations would stay open. I agree with that. If its only for another few days to cover loose ends, missing shipping costs, and a few additional add-ons, I think we should allow a few more people to add-on $8 to join our illustrious ranks. If it goes for a couple weeks, then I dunno. I would like to hear other people's opinions on this.

Edited by Gensou
  • Like 6
Gensou_Banner.jpg

Old-skoolers versus Romancers might be fun, or fighters versus story-tymers.

Or, Age V Beauty.....

Lol, couldn't help that one. :biggrin:

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

The thread just got drawn into a bit of an icky conversation is all and some of our chatterbox members are probably all PE'd out for a little after the big finale yesterday. So cheer up Santanaz, we all love ya buddy! :yes:

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

I do have to say that I find it very strange that anyone would make comments that were made a few pages previously. Certainly those kind of opinions do not earn any respect from me.

The point of the order was that everyone is giving more for obsidian to make this game. Of course if someone wanted to they could cheat and not really give anything, but well... That is a person I could not respect, and if I would do something like that I could not respect myself. We can't really control what other people do, we can only control what we do ourselves, and trust that other people feel the same way and act accordingly.

• Like 2

SeekDway - my understanding is that if you paid your $8.00 admission fee before the Kickstarter ended then you're a proud part of the Obdisian Order of Eternity! :banana:

Farudan is doing an awesome job trying to get the membership lists up to date, no mean feat for one person with the huge increase in membership in the final days. :yes: If your name and title are posted in the thread it will be added to the list asap. Hope this helps.

Edited by Sistergoldring
  • Like 1

priestess2.jpg

Hello Fluffy - nom, nom, nom.......Ha I've just gobbled you up!

Yep, membership closed with the dying breath of the Kickstarter. Hail the Obsidian Order of Eternity!!! :w00t:

priestess2.jpg