The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 5

Hi guys. ;)

Just popped in to say hi to all our new comers.

Now that KS is done, I should be visiting here more often.

;)

That is when I can stop playing Xcom.

That game is Addictive!

Lol at least your only playing one game.

I'm playing Divinity 2, The Witcher, Beyond Good and Evil, VTM:B, ME, DA2 and Kingdoms of Amalur :D it gets a little hard to keep track of. lol

You play way too many games at once

Hermit of the Obsidian Order

I'm playing Divinity 2, The Witcher, Beyond Good and Evil, VTM:B, ME, DA2 and Kingdoms of Amalur :D it gets a little hard to keep track of. lol

I am still playing the Witcher (for 4 years now), but I need to finish first before starting the second part, an PE is already on its way, I should quit my job... ;)

Edited by oberjaeger
  • Like 1

So, I was at work when I found out about this, and the kickstarter was just about to end, so I threw up my last-minute 8 bucks and made my forum posts here REALLY quickly. I didn't even notice that the member list was RIGHT THERE at the beginning of the thread, under a spoiler alert, so I made a post asking if the name I wanted (Simple Tailor of the Obsidian Order) was already taken. Now that I've actually got time to read the thread, it seems that it was! (Well, technically the one that was already taken was "Plain, Simple Tailor" but the idea was basically the same...) Sorry about that! I'll try to be more careful next time...

Anyway, now that I've had some time to think about it, I think I shall be:

Vorkon - Compulsive Hoarder of the Obsidian Order

Hey, at least it rhymes! And, come to think of it, it describes my playstyle in most RPGs, as well...

• Like 2

So, if the list in the first post is updated, excluding dlux we should be 545.

we should leave him in anyway. Hell, I would pledge an additional 8 (via paypal) to keep him in if that is what it took.

Brothers and sister, dlux shall not be excluded unless he specifically wishes it. And many of us have already offered to chip in his 8 gold. It has already been discussed in the previous gatherings (part 4 methinks) of the Order. :sorcerer:

Edited by Tobi

Farudan, this is just a warm thank you for doing something I am not sure anyone else would take the time and effort to do. Your Diligence and dedication to the cause has been fantastic and I am glad to be part of this prestigious order.

IchigoRXC - Zerth of the Obsidian Order

• Like 2

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

Hi guys. ;)

;)

That game is Addictive!

You play way too many games at once

Yes, Yes I do

• Like 1

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

Farudan, this is just a warm thank you for doing something I am not sure anyone else would take the time and effort to do. Your Diligence and dedication to the cause has been fantastic and I am glad to be part of this prestigious order.

Seconded. A lot of work has gone into the Obsidian Order, and those titles are a really cute memento of the campaign going forward. Thanks Farudan.

Looking at the numbers, I wonder whether it would be a good idea to 'reserve' additional places in the OO up to number 888? In principle membership would now be closed, but it might be nice to be able to grant honorary memberships or prizes or whatever in the future. I think if we simply close our doors to further members then we will be in danger of looking irrelevant (or, worse, like some sort of self-appointed elite) in the coming months, when gamers who would never pledge to Kickstarter join the forums to follow development.

Just quickly regarding Dlux, his membership has been paid by LordCrash and he will remain a member of the Order he helped to found unless (I imagine) he asks Farudan to be removed. i wouldn't want it any other way either. :yes: Many will miss him and remember his contribution.

Yep, that's the way it is. LordCrush paid the 8 $ pledge for him and Fionavar agreed to let him keep his title. He did so much to the campaign and the Order over the last weeks that we feel he earned it.

Paypal is still open for those who still want to join.

Not for the Order. It's not a official add-on and I think we should keep it that way.

Hear hear! For dlux's honorary membership! He does deserve it. :yes:

And I also agree with closing the Order up. We are after all the old and most noble Order of Eternity:

"We few, we happy few, we Band of Brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"

• Like 3

photo-43672.jpg?_r=1349795749
"Which is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

@Farudan just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. :)

IchigoRXC - Zerth of the Obsidian Order

Defenetly this! :bow:

Seconded. A lot of work has gone into the Obsidian Order, and those titles are a really cute memento of the campaign going forward. Thanks Farudan.

Looking at the numbers, I wonder whether it would be a good idea to 'reserve' additional places in the OO up to number 888? In principle membership would now be closed, but it might be nice to be able to grant honorary memberships or prizes or whatever in the future. I think if we simply close our doors to further members then we will be in danger of looking irrelevant (or, worse, like some sort of self-appointed elite) in the coming months, when gamers who would never pledge to Kickstarter join the forums to follow development.

Contrary to my earlier statement about closing our doors, you sir actually make a fair point... :ermm:

Thank you for your nice words. :)

Please don't forget that the Order lives through all people who participate and contribute to the community in their best way. Some write poems or songs, some create stunning badges, some give guidance to the newbies and answer questions, some are entertainers [...]

Let me put it that way: There might be a time, new members would have to live without a shiny OEI forum title. In return one would not have to pay for membership. At the moment, as there is no structure or special meeting place for the Order I can't say what the future holds.

• Like 4

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

This is the current progress of the new OOoE site: http://mercenariesofasgaard.com/pe/ . I've got the domain www.obsidianorderofeternity.net for it, free hosting on a semi-dedicated server with a high speed internet connection. The menu will be worked on by a friend of mine, as the current one was made in 5 min or so, LordCrash will work on the logo, and another friend of mine will add an article system, forum and what not.

• Like 7

Thank you again Farudan for the concept, and for the many who have assured its success.

What started as a fun idea late one evening (in Australia at least) has grown in a way I most certainly did not expect. From an initial number of less than 20 we now have several score more.

I have donated an extra $8 above my membership not just to follow in the footsteps of the esteemed Lord Crash in honouring dlux, but as a token of my thanks to all the people who have dedicated their time to help ensure the success of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Hail to all members!

P.S: I can't believe we are up to Part 5!

*edits to correct poor english I hope :)

**edit 2 to add the P.S bit :blink:

Edited by Paul D
  • Like 1

This is the current progress of the new OOoE site: http://mercenariesofasgaard.com/pe/ . I've got the domain www.obsidianorderofeternity.net for it, free hosting on a semi-dedicated server with a high speed internet connection. The menu will be worked on by a friend of mine, as the current one was made in 5 min or so, LordCrash will work on the logo, and another friend of mine will add an article system, forum and what not.

Wow - it is people like your good self who I sought to thank in my last post - thank you again! :dancing:

*edited to include funky emoticon as I am using the MacBook not the iPad :yes:

Edited by Paul D
  • Like 1

Hi guys. ;)

;)

That game is Addictive!

Ha! me too, Playing Divinity 2 and Heroes VI which i have all but completed bar the last campaign map (although there are now 2! official add ons and the singles maps to do. :dancing:

And a big Hugsnstuff to all our Members old and new that we have accumalted over the last month :cat: (and where has that Batnat got too? :bat: )

• Like 1

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

Hi guys. ;)

;)

That game is Addictive!

Ha! me too, Playing Divinity 2 and Heroes VI which i have all but completed bar the last campaign map (although there are now 2! official add ons and the singles maps to do. :dancing:

And a big Hugsnstuff to all our Members old and new that we have accumalted over the last month :cat: (and where has that Batnat got too? :bat: )

BatNat may be in hiding perhaps - recovering from a big Kickstarter campaign. Thinking of which, I should consider the same :facepalm:

• Like 1

From the last thread, no one addressed it before the thread filled up.

I kicked in an extra $8 via paypal, and I've got a receipt if anyone cares to see it.

I figure even if the powers that be don't allow me in, I can at least say i bought the devs a cup of fancy coffee :D

Edit:

And if you decide to let me in (tardy though I may be) the title of Dreamweaver of the Obsidian Order would be kickin' rad

Edited by annath, Yesterday, 11:25 PM.

Edited by annath

Link the flames, Chosen Undead! Hold steady against the Dark!