About the huge statue under mega dungeon...

As we see there is a huge statue under the dungeon. What's that mean?

Does it mean this place use to be an ancient city? Maybe the city was covered by a terrible earthquake thousands years ago. Recently, when someone builded the mega dungeon, the city was found again.

Let's guess more. Maybe the big boss of the dungeon is an elder race(this race can't be choiced by players) survivor who hibernating in the bottom floor(15 floor I wish :w00t: ). And he have great knowledge and special power(Sounded like Alien:Prometheus :p ). Maybe he will summon giant monster from other space to attack players if the communicaiton failed. At last we can beat him and try to convince him to join our team, as a very cool companion. bringing him back to a totally different society will lead to many funny stories.

How about you guys think? What will the story of mega dungeon be in you opinion?

Edited by bronzepoem
  • Like 1

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Forgotten, chained god, locked away from the eyes of man for crimes too horrifying to speak of.

Can you imagine walking by his head and suddenly he blinks? Or starts talking to you with a voice that sounds of dreams turned to dust and gravel?

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to exploring this dungeon.

• Like 4

I think during the live stream today they mentioned that the giant statue might have been more of an artistic choice for that particular image than an actual planned element of the dungeon (I'm not sure if they actually have anything planned for it yet). Still, maybe they'll run with it. It would be pretty cool to actually have that thing down there.

Considering how prominently that concept artwork has featured throughout the Kickstarter, I would be very surprised if they decided to leave the statue out. What role it will play in the dungeon's story though, i'm not sure.

In the western reaches of the Dyrwood lies the Endless Paths, an ancient network of cobbled trails that wind through arches of dense overgrowth, twisting within the confines of a high castle wall as they make their way to the gates of iron-shuttered towers that jut forth from the interior. In ages past, the towers rising from the gardens to pierce the canopy of the forest once marked the dominion of the castle's relentless, crazed builder: Od Nua. But the courses of Od Nua's madness run far below the surface, stretching forever deeper into wandering catacombs and bone-cramped oubliettes unseen by living eyes for centuries. The Endless Paths, as the old Glanfathans call them, cannot be walked by the living, but the storytellers say with certainty that many strong souls have found a permanent home beneath the grieving creator's estate.

Most else that is said and written of the place is fiction or conjecture, more likely to have sprouted from the svef-enhanced imaginations of bored and boasting mercenaries than from any seed of truth. Hosts of lost souls that relentlessly stalk the living, cathedral-sized tombs overflowing with the restless victims of a horrific plague, lightless chambers sealing in the remnants of Od Nua's failed experiments. Most legends converge on a common theme: that under the castle rest myriad forgotten vaults of death and darkness glittering with Od Nua's enchanted creations and the abandoned treasure of ill-fated interlopers. So great is the fear of the castle's denizens that even drunken and drug-cheered adventurers do not joke of setting foot on the paths, lest their souls join the eternal ranks of those that have gone before them.

Maybe the "failed experiments" will look like the statue?

I remember when the statue was just a boulder looking thing.

I said in the backer comments in Kickstarter when I first saw it that I wonder what the mystery is behind the boulder.

Who knew it was going to become cracked and be the bald head of a ginormus statue.

Edited by Technatorium

I'm hoping it's just a statue.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He's the giant blue/green guy from the Planescape: Torment trailer that was on some of the other BIS games (Fallout 2? BG:TotSC?) advertising PST who, afaik, didn't appear in the game.

He was clearly trapped by Od Nua - turned to stone perhaps? - while he was on his way to appear in PST, explaining why he never made it past the trailer.

giantguy.png

If you notice, he even appears to have the collar around his neck as seen in the endless dungeon drawing

theory>

(Of course this theory is leaky like a sieve if the trailer giant *did* appear in PST and I've just forgotten it.

Also: :banana:

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Of course this theory is leaky like a sieve if the trailer giant *did* appear in PST and I've just forgotten it.

There was the massive embodiment of Entropy called Coaxmetal, but he was always confined to his siege tower, and didn't particularly resemble the trailer giant, other than by being all massive.

Edited by Landuin

Of course this theory is leaky like a sieve if the trailer giant *did* appear in PST and I've just forgotten it.

There was the massive embodiment of Entropy called Coaxmetal, but he was always confined to his siege tower, and didn't particularly resemble the trailer giant, other than by being all massive.

At first glance the giant head reminded me of the stone faces in Sigil's undergroung in PS:T. Maybe the giant statue is somehow (in spirit) related to Torment?

I honestly think it was just a diagram to represent how many levels have been achieved. I really doubt there will be a massive statue extending from level 3 to 13. That would be super boring. And how exactly are you going to fight a statue 100m+ tall in an isometric view? It would look silly, like attacking 10 giant toes. I hope the dungeon will have a lot of variety, personally, because 13 levels is a lot.

They think my style strange,

I think they all the same.

I honestly think it was just a diagram to represent how many levels have been achieved. I really doubt there will be a massive statue extending from level 3 to 13. That would be super boring. And how exactly are you going to fight a statue 100m+ tall in an isometric view? It would look silly, like attacking 10 giant toes. I hope the dungeon will have a lot of variety, personally, because 13 levels is a lot.

I'd like a giant multifloor statue just because the idea is pretty cool.

No interest in fighting him, just a level by level design element.

(of course if its not there, I think its cool too).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man