Chris Avellone playing Arcanum

I'm hoping it makes it onto the Making Of documentary somehow, or becomes an add-on in its own right later on down the line. Also: at least two distinct playthroughs, one of which should be sober. ;)

Congrats, everyone! :biggrin:

"How vain it is to sit down to write when one has not yet stood up to live..."

~ Jon C - The Obsidian Order's Lurking Writer

My hope is that Avellone will be inspired by some of the more inane options during the character creation process and just totally run with it.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Please, please live stream this so we can all enjoy the awesome that is Chris as he plays Arcanum

I took the liberty of fixing that for you. :>

Edited by Veeno
  • Like 1

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

I second the notion of a 'Let's Play' on YouTube. It'd be fun to watch streaming and all, but not so fun that I would be willing to set aside that much time watching someone play on their own schedule without the ability to pause and come back where I left them.

I absolutely lurved playing Arcanum. Yeah, it was disconcerting on my first run when my mage found some 'filament' sword or some such and beat the crap out of everything I met with it afterwards, but it was a great game, warts and all. Not as good as New Vegas, but great nonetheless.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

MCA! We want to see you playing in streaming like Adam did with ICW II!!

On a completely unrelated note, due to sleep deprivation, I don't think I will ever stop reading your name as "DocDoomil".

• Like 2

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

Someone else asked this question as well, is it established why MCA dislikes Arcanum and what are the reasons?

I wonder whether they relate to the design of the game or to the proto steampunk setting; (way, way before it become popular) ?

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

Seeing that they put it up as a stretch goal, I will expect the playthrough to be accessible by everyone, for the sake of accountability, among other reasons. And I also expect the session to last more than 5 mins. - this point is on faith, I trust Chris will give his backers their money's worth.

I suggest YouTube for the streaming, and please include it in the documentary for us to enjoy forever.

Someone else asked this question as well, is it established why MCA dislikes Arcanum and what are the reasons?

Don't know if it was a matter auf dislike. All that I know of is, that he didn't play it up to know. Could be simple time management, that interfered with it.

As I posted yesterday on Kickstarter, proof or it didn't happen. YouTube Let's Play, that's minimum I'd say. ;)

Edited by Farudan
  • Like 1

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)