Project Eternity: Fan Soundtrack

Hey guys, I thought since I saw an awesome Bard inspired thread with some cool singing that I'd share my RPG/Project Eternity inspired orchestral pieces with you. They're not polished to perfection or anything but I do hope you get some enjoyment out of them. Thanks to Justin Bell for the encouragement to share them!

LINK: http://caseyedwardsm...cteternitydemo/

Edited by Casey Edwards
  • Like 10

Armand the Bard has some great talent in writting and singing I love his songs.

You have some very nice pieces Casey, it must have taken quite a while to compose them all. I quite liked the Celestial Terrain, I had a feeling while listening to each track they represented a race human/elven/dwarf.

You should team up with the bard, what a song that would create! :D

• Like 1

Thanks, guys! :)

Armand the Bard has some great talent in writting and singing I love his songs.

You have some very nice pieces Casey, it must have taken quite a while to compose them all. I quite liked the Celestial Terrain, I had a feeling while listening to each track they represented a race human/elven/dwarf.

You should team up with the bard, what a song that would create! :D

It actually didn't take long to compose them. Dwarven Dwellers is very incomplete as far as development is concerned and only took about 4 hours. Celestial Terrain was written in a day, and Noble Serenity took me a while to find a theme I was happy to move forward with so that took about 2-3 days to hammer out. Once themes are solidified it's much easier to write great lengths of music by morphing that theme into smaller or larger elements. I love musical development! Not much going on in these pieces, so sorry about that.

Really nice, if you want more inspiration or to follow along with the themes PE so far have, here's a link that was shared in update #14.

http://soundcloud.com/obsidian-entertainment/sets/project-eternity/

• Like 1

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

Thanks for listening all!

And since Darkpriest has asked for "Moarz music" do any of you have suggestions of your favorite style of RPG music? Do you like ambient? Grandiose and bombastic? Intimate and soft? Low and brooding? You get the point... just let me know. I've already got something in the works. When I get back from my honeymoon me and my wife will get to work on it! :)

And since Darkpriest has asked for "Moarz music" do any of you have suggestions of your favorite style of RPG music? Do you like ambient? Grandiose and bombastic? Intimate and soft? Low and brooding? You get the point... just let me know. I've already got something in the works. When I get back from my honeymoon me and my wife will get to work on it! :)

Well, you surely know the music of the games, that were loved by people who backed this project. I'd rarely go into the direction of guiding the artist what he has to do. I'd show him a picture and ask him to create the music, then evaluate the result...

Unfortunately I am away on the road, so I do not have an access to my bookmarks with some great pics. You will have to do with your creative mind and surprise us ;)

Edited by Darkpriest

Well, you surely know the music of the games, that were loved by people who backed this project. I'd rarely go into the direction of guiding the artist what he has to do. I'd show him a picture and ask him to create the music, then evaluate the result...

Unfortunately I am away on the road, so I do not have an access to my bookmarks with some great pics. You will have to do with your creative mind and surprise us ;)

I'll probably just apply this message to a thought that I had already, which is to write a theme for each race they have listed and explained on the Kickstarter page. Noble Serenity was inspired by the human fighter. Probably not an ideal theme for that race, but inspired by none-the-less. I'll look into it. :)

• Like 1

In all honestly, I wasn't expecting much when I clicked the link. I figured it was going to be a remix of existing music (which I also appreciate, BTW), or maybe some small snippet of original music. However, what you provided was absolutely fantastic. I'm assuming you composed all of this from scratch? Maybe it's because of my utter lack of any musical talent, but I think you've got one heck of a future in music. If you had/have longer pieces, I would seriously buy a CD from you. Have you ever considered iTunes or something?

As far as what I like, I lean more towards upbeat music, such as the midway point of Noble Serenity. While I do like ambient music, as well, it's not something I'd listen to regularly; that's why I've always loved battle music in RPGs. It's something I would listen to while jogging, riding a bike, reading a book, in the car, or even at a BBQ.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just got back in town today from my honeymoon and I'm TIRED! As soon as I'm back up and running 100% and time is willing between music projects I'll begin posting some more stuff. Me and my wife already have some ideas floating around. :) Thanks again for all the encouraging words and taking the time to listen to my music.

Hey guys, I'm still wrapped up in a lot of work right now so how about a little RPG inspired wedding music? Me and my wife love to play games and we also have a lot of musical inside jokes. As a composer I absolutely had to break tradition and write her an aisle walk just for our wedding including those inside jokes, which some are RPG related to games and movies we like as well as things I've written for her in the past. I hope you enjoy it while I get my mess together. :)

http://soundcloud.com/caseyedwards/alis-wedding-walk

I don't know what the musical inside jokes were, but it's a nice listen.

And I loved the photo too. :)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts