I LOVE ALL OF YOU

I guess this proves it.

Kickstarter - a better love story than Twilight.

• Like 4

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

I've had a bottle and a half of wine, so I'm not drunk yet, but I will say that I'm happy. We're all a part of this. You've done a great job, C2B. Great job.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm impressed with them hitting the $4 million mark (slightly under $4 million on kickstarter, but with PayPal I'm pretty sure it surpassed). I honestly didn't think the $3.5 million big city stretch goal was going to happen a week ago.

I'm also glad kickstarter is over. I would have ended up convincing myself to keep upping my pledge to higher tiers that I shouldn't be spending on. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My bank account hates me now... but congratulations on a project well done.

Screw your bank account I'm not sure my wife realized how much I spent... well I guess she will soon.

Tell me about it, my wife won't be happy......but well worth it, I have until April 2014 for her to get over it.

My husband doesn't yet know exactly how much I spent, either. I've prepared defenses however by telling him not to get me any gifts for the rest of the year (my birthday & Christmas) as I've already 'gifted' myself. Hopefully that will be enough ...

And I LOVE YOU ALL TOO. Not drunk, just giddy!

• Like 2

I love you too bro.

That last stretch of pledges was pretty epic. Congrats Obsidian!

Heh.

My wife gave me the "... it's your money... " line that really said "not if you want to sleep in the same bed with me.." and I guess it was too much to expect her and the kids to eat Ramen and Bacon a month and forgo our usual $1500 per month grocery allowance ;)

Too bad though, itvwoit would have been nice to get that NPC tier. ;)

Obsidian had an amazing and active campaign management. Constant updating and always coming up with interesting new stretch goals. If they would have been inactive like some other kickstarter projects i doubt they would have even gotten 2 mil.

Screw your bank account I'm not sure my wife realized how much I spent... well I guess she will soon.

separate bank account for the win!

this. WWKF (without wife's knowledge fund) lol. technically she knows about it, but doesn't inquire about it and just leaves me be with my "special projects" :))

Tell me about it, my wife won't be happy......but well worth it, I have until April 2014 for her to get over it.

Yeah it helps to discuss it with her first! A lesson learned for sure ;)

if it's a discussion - yes.

Edited by cealicu_ca
  • Like 1

"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain."

- Isaak Yudovich Ozimov

C2b;

You are welcome!

Aside: OBS campaign was masterful; frequent updates, engagement with their backers, principals making themselves readily available to all forms of gaming and social media.

Well done Obsidian!

However, it OBS' campaign becomes a template for other KS projects (as it surely will do), let's hope other creators are at least half as as organised and competent as OBS rather than being used by people seeing KS as some sort of easy way of obtaining funding for vapour-like projects.

That sounded sour-er than expected but maybe that's the hangover kicking in!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

It was a great run. Kept me on the edge. Too bad we missed the 4.000.000. Is there a statement by the developers regarding "we will make it better anyway" already? :D

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen

It was a great run. Kept me on the edge. Too bad we missed the 4.000.000. Is there a statement by the developers regarding "we will make it better anyway" already? :D

PayPal numbers (about 140k) will be added and count, we cracked the 4 million last night and it was celebrated.

• Like 1

PayPal numbers (about 140k) will be added and count, we cracked the 4 million last night and it was celebrated.

I see! All the more reason to be happy :) So far, I only read the updates. But then, after today, I kinda wanted to join the forums as well. Too bad I didn't do it earlier. I would have become a member of the order, i guess.

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen