13 levels is auspicious for the mega dungeon...

You enter the final room at the bottom of the dungeon. You see a lone chest sitting in the middle of the floor. You look at it, and then around the room to ensure there are no traps. You find nothing out of the ordinary, and then slowly approach the chest. The chest is a great, gleaming gold that shows that something important is hidden inside. You open the chest expecting something spectacular, but instead you find out that you rolled the lowest loot roll and end up with a 'Wolf's Pelt'.

A message then appears, "Too bad, try again next time."

----------------------------------------------

That is what you have to look forward to at the bottom. :p

• Like 3

would be great if there is a lore exploration element to the dungeon. ie some mad cult kept digging and you slowly piece together clues finding out what they were looking for.

then get to the end and find it, wishing you had stayed home.

• Like 1

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

If it goes more than 13 levels I would put everything over 13 above ground.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Please developers: DON'T SCATTER "OD NUA JOURNAL" PAGES AROUND THE DUNGEON TO EXPLAIN ITS STORY!

It's so cheap and so not credible... please find another way to tell the dungeon's story!

Having wall carvings on each level detailing the events during its construction might be a compromise.

• Like 7

Devastatorsig.jpg

Please developers: DON'T SCATTER "OD NUA JOURNAL" PAGES AROUND THE DUNGEON TO EXPLAIN ITS STORY!

It's so cheap and so not credible... please find another way to tell the dungeon's story!

Having wall carvings on each level detailing the events during its construction might be a compromise.

Maybe a mix of things. An object found that needs to be deciphered, wall carvings that depicts events, and journals that explain things that happened and why it was dug this deep. Many ways to intermix the way the story lore unfolds.

• Like 8

I think the devs said the drawing is just for fun, not representative of final product

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, I'm honestly kinda worried about it. I mean, I don't know how they can possibly make a dungeon that large, that actually makes sense. I guess it could just be a haven for monsters/enemies, which get progressively stronger the lower you go. That way, it acts as a constant source of "training", where you can gauge your progress in the game, sorta like Watcher's Keep. But 14- that's just crazy.

"1 is 1"

The levels below 10 look to be flooded in that drawing. We might need to find the rebreather gear first. :shifty:

I didn't notice that before. definitely looks to be flooded.

not sure if it will affect game design at all but looks great

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

You have to find the Amulet of Yendor and bring it back to the surface :)

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein