Update #25: The final hours. One end, and to new beginnings

Wait wait---

Player house

A stronghold

I thought these weren't two separate things but the house was upgraded to the stronghold?

No, you get both a house AND a stronghold.

I'm going to rent out the house for added income. I'll send my steward from the stronghold to go muscl... request the rental payments each month.
  • Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The bastards just posted an update that is about the last thing that could get me to pledge just a little more. Live instrumentation. I'm sure they'll post it here straight away. lol

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Aren't 18 months a little short considering all the additional stretch goal content?

Should be doable, since they don't have to record (and re-record!) lines for a fully voiced game; the graphics are easier to deal with, etc. And even if it isn't, I don't think that anyone here will complain if Obsidian takes after Blizzard and Valve and just declares "It's done when it's done". I'll take good and polished to within an inch of its life over rushed out of the gate any day.

On a different subject: Many thanks to the art folks for the insight into how the screenshot was made. It was beautiful at step three, but step four just brought back happy, fuzzy IE memories.

Don't know why they didn't post it on this forum, but here's the link to Update #26. I put in an extra $20 for the soundtrack since it will have live instrumentation if we can eek out $4Mil but I don't know if I can justify spending that on myself. I guess I could get an extra couple packs of cards or maybe the xpac for one of the people for whom I'm buying the main title.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/329795?ref=activity

Obsidian Plays

Don't know why they didn't post it on this forum, but here's the link to Update #26. I put in an extra $20 for the soundtrack since it will have live instrumentation if we can eek out $4Mil but I don't know if I can justify spending that on myself. I guess I could get an extra couple packs of cards or maybe the xpac for one of the people for whom I'm buying the main title.

http://www.kickstart...95?ref=activity

Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

Someone make this possible!

I actullly liked Arcanum quite a bit. :Cant's looking over his shoulder to see if anyone else heard that icon:

Obsidian Plays

Don't like that the castle on the stretch goal at the end was misleading, that felt like it was misleading making people think there was another stretch goal. Now I understand why backers dropped by 200 people and over 40,000. I don't think it was on perpose, but I do I understand stand anger.

I think you're reading waaaayyy too much into that.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It was a kickstarter bug and there is a new stretch goal. Relax and enjoy this experience!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/329795

And if some people really left, it is more aboutt he fact they probably joined in at the very beginning of the campaign and seeing how things evolved they decided to do something else. No need for any drama, perhaps some of them pledged more than they could spare and since we're at roughly 3 hours to be charged, some might decide to lower, while others decide to go up!

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61613-new-stretch-goal/

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

I think they're going to hit $4Mil. They've literally got less than $100k left (including paypal and KS) to go. They're going to smash the last record by a big big margin.

Obsidian Plays

I think they're going to hit $4Mil. They've literally got less than $100k left (including paypal and KS) to go. They're going to smash the last record by a big big margin.

Hopefully they don't lose too much to bad pledges.
  • Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yep. It'd be interesting to hear how other Kickstarters fared in that department. Some attrition is probably inevitable, but hopefully it's only a small percentage.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Yep. It'd be interesting to hear how other Kickstarters fared in that department. Some attrition is probably inevitable, but hopefully it's only a small percentage.

Double Fine released figures to backers, from myh memory, there were indeed some bad pledges but quite small on the large scale of things. Certainly compared to Kickstarter/Amazon fees and the hundreds of thousands of dollars required to supply the merch rewards.