Update #25: The final hours. One end, and to new beginnings

The past month has been absolutely incredible. You have blown away our wildest expectations and we are so excited about starting the journey of creating this game for you. The Kickstarter site will be closing down here in the next few hours – 6 PM PDT to be exact. I would like to remind you that you can watch us at the studio for the final countdown beginning at 12 PM (Noon!) PDT. We will be streaming live on UStream and Twitch.tv.

Final Fun and Silly Reward Tier - Obsidian Loot Bag

Our final fun reward for you is what we are calling the Obsidian Loot Bag at a $350 tier with a limit of 30. The Loot Bag contains an AMD Processor donated by our incredible friends over at AMD (you rock Steve Bell!), a signed Obsidian game (not Project Eternity), and a random assortment of Obsidian loot such as pens, coasters, t-shirts, game patches, doodles, etc. The AMD Processor is an A10, does not have a heat sink attached, and will be shipped OEM style. The Loot Bag includes everything in the $250 tier level too. Since we are shipping computer parts, we can't ship outside the USA with this one.

404bd383e0d1abb6a03dd363505334fd_large.jpg

Here are links to the final complete Add-On List and Reward List:

Add-On List

Reward List

Big Big City #2, What Now?

We dreamed the impossible dream, and hit our stretch goal of the $3.5m mark with Big Big City #2. Because we have another big city in the game, and by popular demand we are adding two additional slots at the $5000 tier for two more taverns.

PE-3.5-Achieved.jpg

As a recap of our stretch goals, here is what you have added to make Project Eternity bigger and better:

• 11 classes
  • 6 races
  • 8 companions
  • A huge mega dungeon of at least 10 levels (and possibly 11 or 12 by the time this is done!)
  • Player house
  • A stronghold
  • Two big cities
  • And much more.

This will definitely keep us busy over the next 18 months working to bring you Project Eternity.

Early this morning, we took a poll on what you would like to see via Twitter, Facebook, and on our Kickstarter Comments page for remaining stretch goals. Our first reaction is that we want to make the game better instead of just bigger; however we are currently discussing it at the studio right now.

Thank you again from everyone at Obsidian Entertainment. We will see you on the live stream for the final hours of this crazy adventure. The art team put this together to show you a behind the scenes look on how the amazing screenshot was constructed.

PE-TempleEntrance-ProcessStack-620.jpg

Click here for a larger version.

Update By Adam Brennecke

• Like 4

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Since we are shipping computer parts, we can't ship outside the USA with this one

Not that it affects me personally, since I can't afford that tier (plus they sold out in about 12 minutes anyway), but can anyone explain this - why can't non-US backers just add extra for the shipping?

Also, would you mind telling us what software was used for those renderings, out of interest?

• Like 1

Huzzah! I love the artwork! ...And that loot bag actually seems like more sweet than funny, but I won't complain about that. :Cant's shifty-eyed grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Since we are shipping computer parts, we can't ship outside the USA with this one

Not that it affects me personally, since I can't afford that tier (plus they sold out in about 12 minutes anyway), but can anyone explain this - why can't non-US backers just add extra for the shipping?

Also, would you mind telling us what software was used for those renderings, out of interest?

It likely has to do with import/export laws and customs, and/or where the chips are being specifically sourced from (eg AMD USA, not AMD Global).

• Like 1

Congratulations on the success of this Kickstarter project. I have absolute faith in everyone in Obsidian to make a great cRPG game.

Now on to the long agony of waiting for the final product. :w00t: I hope that Obsidian will be constantly updating the fans on the progress, maybe throw us a screen shot here or a concept art there, or just anything from time to time to "ease the wait" :p

I'm excited, looking forward to it.

Congrats for 3.5 million.

I too put my vote down for making the existing content better.

^Yes!

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Congratulations on making it all the way!

Don't really want to post this here but hopefully it will gain some more attention:

Could you update the paypal page to include the playing cards?

Looking forward to what comes out of the stretchgoal meeting :)

Sadface, still no word on coop.

Uh yes, they've given LOTS of words on co-op. Links in sig.

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

You still need to update the http://project-eternity.tumblr.com/post/33540911246/project-eternity-reward-tiers. I'm curious, do the tiers above $350 also get a loot bag? Not a deal breaker for me or anything, but some of the loot in that bag seemed pretty sweet.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

One final reward... U.S. only. How disappointing. This reminds me bad bad memories of "U.S. vs The rest of the World" events.

Anyway congratulations for Sky-rocketing your total pledges amount.

Careful what you wish ...

oooelogo180.png ... you just might get it

Wait wait---

Player house

A stronghold

I thought these weren't two separate things but the house was upgraded to the stronghold?

Some agree with me that, depending on how much surplus we manage to raise before it end, they should add more companions, and use the rest to make the quality of the game better. currently players will have tons of choice in race, class, and background, but unless you make some of your own the majority companions obsidian made will be in your party. Only 3 will be left out. I don't mean to whine but someone did point out how big a difference this will be from say Baldur's Gate 2 where we had a choice of 18 fully voiced tag alongs to help you save the world.

Edited by Theomen712
  • Like 1

Some agree with me that, depending on how much surplus we manage to raise before it end, they should add more companions, and use the rest to make the quality of the game better. currently players will have tons of choice in race, class, and background, but unless you make some of your own the majority companions obsidian made will be in your party. Only 3 will be left out. I mean to whine but someone did point out how big a difference this will be from say Baldur's Gate where we had a choice of 18 fully voiced tag alongs to help you save the world.

I have to admit, if there's one thing I'd like to see added to the game at this points it's more companions. A Chanter would be neat, if there isn't one already.

• Like 1