FTL Kickstarter...we just might hit 4 mil tonight(wwith PayPal)

In the past 3 hrs or so Kickstarter has picked up a lot of speed.....going at a rate of nearly 30k/hr now and have accumulated another 100k and over 1500 backers in less than four hours. With the last PayPal update which was at 106k and ~2000 backers we are now at a total of over 3.7 mil and 71000 backers. But there's seven hours more to go....as crazy as it may sound kickstarter may very well pick up another 200k+ and if paypal will have made just another 50-75k we may well find a grand total that just a day ago was unthinkable for most of us.

• Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

I laughed at the people who a few days ago were saying that $3.5 was impossible. They forgot that for big kickstarters there is a rush both at the beginning... and at the end.

is still don't get the rush at the end :) i can understand that people are very enthusiastic in the beginning and pledge but why does the same happen at the end? i mean you had 30 days to pledge, why pledge at the last moments? :blink:

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

I laughed at the people who a few days ago were saying that $3.5 was impossible. They forgot that for big kickstarters there is a rush both at the beginning... and at the end.

is still don't get the rush at the end :) i can understand that people are very enthusiastic in the beginning and pledge but why does the same happen at the end? i mean you had 30 days to pledge, why pledge at the last moments? :blink:

Because this is when it starts to sink in that "Oh crap, I better pledge or I'll be left out of all the exclusive awesomeness"....boxed versions, digital goodies, in-game items...etc.

1zq6793.jpg

Probably people who have been putting it off for whatever reason (not sure if they can afford it) etc. who finally cave to the ticking clock pressure ;)

Also many people check the "remind me" button on KS, and then check near end of the campaign to see if it's passed or near the goal, plus how the project has progressed, all at once... instead of relying on the initial posting only.

Pretty much for people on the fence to decide one way or the other. Same reason people remove pledges too I guess

Because this is when it starts to sink in that "Oh crap, I better pledge or I'll be left out of all the exclusive awesomeness"....boxed versions, digital goodies, in-game items...etc.

And some people up their pledge at the very last moment too.

Probably people who have been putting it off for whatever reason (not sure if they can afford it) etc. who finally cave to the ticking clock pressure ;)

Also the devs have added a ton of merch along the way, I bet many people waited to see the final offering.

wow, apparently i don't understand human behavior at all! (also marketing side of the things)

on a sort of related note: i still cannot wrap my mind around the success of twitter. for me it will always be a stupid invention that took of :)

Edited by molarBear

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

Keep in mind that Obsidian had been messing with tier rewards and add-ons late into the campaign, up to just some days ago, so some people wait until the end to see what's been finally laid out as rewards.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I increased my pledge several times for a number of reasons. As folks have been saying, for add-ons, as gifts, and for personal reasons. Even today, when I read update #26 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/329795?ref=activity I decided to put in an extra $20 in hopes of getting live instrumentation. I don't know if we'll hit 4Mil, but I certainly hope so.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I still don't get the rush at the end :) i can understand that people are very enthusiastic in the beginning and pledge but why does the same happen at the end? i mean you had 30 days to pledge, why pledge at the last moments? :blink:

I didn't pledge at all until a couple of days ago. I kept an eye on the tiers over the course of the Kickstarter and only decided very late whether I needed the physical goods or whether digital would do.

wow, apparently i don't understand human behavior at all! (also marketing side of the things)

Me neither... which is why everything I hate is super-popular... somehow.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

My first pledge was 20 during the first day, then i raised it to 50 after a week or so. And then about 10 minutes ago I decided to go for the 165, when I realized I would have the money for it. Looks like it is quite common behavior.

I wonder where the cats will be since we'll reach that 4 million :biggrin: .

Everywhere. The answer is everywhere.

Oh I really really hope so. :)

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

Including paypal it has just hit 4 million

bring on the trumpets!

Edited by JayDGee

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Congratulation everyone, thanks for all your participation and generosity. Looking forward playing that game and sharing about it!

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

I was one of those people that upped their pledge in the final moments too. I sat on a $20 early backers for most of the month-long campaign (plus $25 for early access and $8 for OO)... then finally gave in and upped to $50 for literally all the rewards I cared about (concept art, lots of lore, all the ingame extras). Plus the same addons of course.

Gonna be a long wait to 2014, but I can tide myself over with the hopefully frequent developer chats and updates :)