Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Influence/opinion/relationship - System (Love, friendship and hatred "YOUR controled" impact on world)

Influence opinion relationship Love Romance friendship hatred

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Influence Systerm (281 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want Influence/Relationship-system appeared in the game ?

1. YES (game should be deep in every aspect) (267 votes [95.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.02%

2. NO (This game is only for fighting and blood-bathing) (6 votes [2.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

3. Undecided (8 votes [2.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

How much is a complex this system should be? (Examples)

1. FULL (full relations system between you and other characters and even NPC/Enemy reactios to someone of your team or npc presence.) (202 votes [71.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.89%

2. High Complex (full relations system between you and other characters but not everything) (55 votes [19.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.57%

3. Medium (Only Influence on your companions and opinion systen on NPC) (17 votes [6.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.05%

4. Low (Only npc opinion or influence system. No enemys opinion or deep interactions between characters_ (3 votes [1.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.07%

5. None they are only mindless dolls. (2 votes [0.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.71%

6. other (Say what) (2 votes [0.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.71%

What should this system include ?

1. Love and romances (required high influence) (companion, npc) (244 votes [11.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

2. Brotherhood and friendship (companion, npc) (257 votes [12.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.32%

3. Someone only "likes you" (Low but positive opinion) (companion, npc) (218 votes [10.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.45%

4. Someone does not like you (Not much but negative) (companion, npc) (224 votes [10.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.74%

5. Someone Hates you. (companion, npc) (237 votes [11.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.36%

6. Someone (companion, npc) is planning to kill you or betray you (Revange, moral cose etc) (232 votes [11.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.12%

7. The enemy respects you or at least understand you (not only hate) (229 votes [10.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

8. Someone steals from you or sillently working against you (companion, npc) (196 votes [9.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.40%

9. Other (say what) (31 votes [1.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

10. Someone is afraid of you is terrified when he sees you (Companion, Npc, Enemy) (218 votes [10.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Jobby

Jobby

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Yeah I'm in agreement with you Prime, especially regarding the mutual exclusivity, It would be nice if there were ways to make your companions more effective as a result of a conversation but perhaps said conversations shouldn't be influence based.

Alternatively, what if you had a fighter with anger issues, you as a good PC can try and control these and help them work through it which perhaps makes them more accurate at the cost of some damage or alternatively an Evil PC could try and harness their anger making them more powerful but less accurate, perhaps a bit ego strokey but could be cool imo. 

• PrimeJunta likes this

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Influence system should not restrict the player to be a yes-man, but there're gotta be consequences. Both for ageeing and disagreeing. Sometimes agreeing should have negative consequences, just as disageeing should pay off down the road. I think Obsidian had the right idea with AP. There were story benefits to both negative and positive reputations with people. I hope PoE adapts a similar system.

I agree quite muchly.

For example, I'd honestly love to see a situation in which you agree with someone on some heated subject, even though that approach/decision ends up being a pretty terrible one. Then, having that companion find out you were actually thinking of some risks, etc, and say "OMG! You knew this might've ended badly, but you just didn't want to start a confrontation?! You should've told me the truth! My ego would've healed!"

You usually don't see that kind of thing. It's usually just "oh, well, this all went to shyte, but I'm still super glad you sided with me, even in the midst of these horrible, horrible consequences! 8D!"

It's as if companions are just comparing dating profile answers or something, and all they care about is the compatibility percentage at the end. "Whoa whoa whoa... you think we should probably actually find thiscreature's weakness BEFORE we confront it? Well, when we get there, I'm going to realize that's an excellent idea, but I'm STILL going to hate you because our opinions, in fore-sight, didn't align. u_u"
  • Abtacha and Jarmo like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Influence, opinion, relationship, Love, Romance, friendship, hatred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users