@Fellow Obsidian Order Members: I'm getting scared.

So far I haven't seen a problem.

As I wrote there isn't really one yet.

But it can expand into something bigger very fast. This is the issue with large fan groups, or any group in general. We have power in a group. We have influence in a group. This is something that comes naturally in a process, it's how unions work. We have certain responsibilities, especially as a fan-group. And we have to discuss them. That's what this thread is about.

@Ieo You're misunderstanding, the group, the order using their influence.

It's a union now?

It's not. That was an example of groups that gain influence the larger they are.

I'm pretty positive on the reactions in this thread I must say and they give hope.

Edited by C2B

The "we want dlux back" thread is closed but this senseless thread is still open? From time to time I just don't understand the mods..... :getlost:

What is senseless? Discussing responsibility and how we position ourselves?

Edited by C2B

Yup, this thread is mainly for prevention so the actual issue does not arise and the order does not get misused by its members.

And I didn't state it's specific about dlux but about the reactions.

Which again, aren't a problem YET. But can become so, if we don't discuss the problems and influence of the order. Which we should.

Oh, you mean misuse by Obsidian Order members, not Obsidian?

Er, reactions, by whom at what? So, as a preventative measure.... wh.... ? Uh

:( I'm so confused. :(

So how about that second city....

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Which again, aren't a problem YET. But can become so, if we don't discuss the problems and influence of the order. Which we should.

The problem? The internet....that's the problem. We can discuss this to death but it won't prevent much....we have well over a year before the game releases and I promise you that in the mean time there will be quite a few discussions that are going to get really bad. Ignore/Report and move on....part of the package you signed up for when you decided to partake in social media on the internet.... :unsure:

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

Order has influence? LOL the order is nothing more than a successful marketing strategy. And OE didn't even have to come up with it. They just got more money because people wanted silly titles. Of course they'll play along. If anyone thinks being part of the order gives him any more influence, then that person is really a dupe.

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

eh, the problem isn't with the order, because the people who use it as leverage have tons of other terrible ways of making their ideas seem more legitimate . The problem is the tendency of people on both sides to start throwing tantrums. Which anyone can agree is not okay. Emotional, okay, but when you start name calling there's an issue. People just need to realize a thought-out calm rationalization of ideas is a lot stronger than baseless comparisons and emotional gibs.

• Like 1

Order has influence? LOL the order is nothing more than a successful marketing strategy. And OE didn't even have to come up with it. They just got more money because people wanted silly titles. Of course they'll play along. If anyone thinks being part of the order gives him any more influence, then that person is really a dupe.

Crude but real....pretty much sums it up.

1zq6793.jpg

I don't want anything other than what I originally pledged for.

8 dollars aren't the world, so... whoever might be sad panda now, because there ain't any goodies... well, get over it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

We have as much power and influence as a resonable, well documented argument to why something in the Beta (for those who have access to it) either works or doesn't. Anything else is just observations based on our various experiences with different game systems and how they handle things like XP or health/stamina. For me, game mechanics that I don't agree with are not going to ruin P:E, a unsatistifing plot ending that seems tacked on will.

Sorry...ME3 still grates and was even more disappointing to me than the Star Wars prequels.

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

My only demand (and its sooooooo small) is that P:E doesn't have an ending like Mass Effect 3.

You mean putting together a triology with an amazing story in the first two singleplayer focused games, and then decides to focus a ton on the previously non-existant multiplayer part of the game, giving the players the least epic ending in the entire triology: the colourful choice of red, green and blue? Even after the DLC.

That game made me hate multiplayer in CRPGs so badly that I actually saw the "no multiplayer" in P:E as a huge pro. Sad but true.

• Like 3

The problem? The internet....that's the problem. We can discuss this to death but it won't prevent much....we have well over a year before the game releases and I promise you that in the mean time there will be quite a few discussions that are going to get really bad. Ignore/Report and move on....part of the package you signed up for when you decided to partake in social media on the internet.... :unsure:

I don't have anything against the discussions. I think the discussions are great.

Again, it's about the order itself. It can easily be quite influental on the development process due to its now big size. The order IS on Obsidian's mind. Visible Groups of people ARE influental. They are on Obsidian's mind and due to that have influence already. This is a normal process in society.

We just shouldn't misuse the position of the order, in any case (imo) and everybody should be clear on what it actually represents. That's why I made this thread.

• Like 1

My only demand (and its sooooooo small) is that P:E doesn't have an ending like Mass Effect 3.

You mean putting together a triology with an amazing story in the first two singleplayer focused games, and then decides to focus a ton on the previously non-existant multiplayer part of the game, giving the players the least epic ending in the entire triology: the colourful choice of red, green and blue? Even after the DLC.

That game made me hate multiplayer in CRPGs so badly that I actually saw the "no multiplayer" in P:E as a huge pro. Sad but true.

Yep. Reading an article on the newest DLC (epic adventure and content that doesn't mean a thing!!) for it pissed me off so much that I went from the $140 tier to the $750.

• Like 5

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

my 2c: I paid 8$ more to support Obsidian. The most that I expected was the custom Forum title. So... quiet among the ranks!

:bow: Rule Obsidian!

Here here!!!

The "we want dlux back" thread is closed but this senseless thread is still open? From time to time I just don't understand the mods..... :getlost:

What is senseless? Discussing responsibility and how we position ourselves?

The term "we" just don't exist. The OOoE was just an idea to promote additional pledges for PE but there is no "goal" beyond that. So there is nothing to discuss about. If someone thinks that he/she must claim something in the name of the order he/she just talks nonsense because he/she can only talk in his/her own name.

So this thread is exactly what I've called it: senseless.......

• Like 4
35167v4.jpg

I don't have anything against the discussions. I think the discussions are great.

Again, it's about the order itself. It can easily be quite influental on the development process due to its now big size. The order IS on Obsidian's mind. Visible Groups of people ARE influental. They are on Obsidian's mind and due to that have influence already. This is a normal process in society.

We just shouldn't misuse the position of the order, in any case (imo) and everybody should be clear on what it actually represents. That's why I made this thread.

I don't think the ones posting were thinking much about being in the order....probably more concerned with speaking their minds for better or worse. There's quite a lot of us in the OO and I doubt there will be much of a prevailing code of conduct really. People are people and there will be at least a few of the OO that will make a lot of the others facepalm really hard, It is what it is.....for the most part we have been ok so far.

1zq6793.jpg

The term "we" just don't exist. The OOoE was just an idea to promote additional pledges for PE but there is no "goal" beyond that. So there is nothing to discuss about. If someone thinks that he/she must claim something in the name of the order he/she just talks nonsense because he/she can only talk in his/her own name.

So this thread is exactly what I've called it: senseless.......

*We* exist. As an idea. Yes. And ideas are mighty powerful. Obsidian cares about us. They care about the *idea* of the order. They have shown that plenty of times. That is what gives said *ideas* a form/power.

I don't think the ones posting were thinking much about being in the order....probably more concerned with speaking their minds for better or worse. There's quite a lot of us in the OO and I doubt there will be much of a prevailing code of conduct really. People are people and there will be at least a few of the OO that will make a lot of the others facepalm really hard, It is what it is.....for the most part we have been ok so far.

Yup, and if we're staying this way, I'm happy. :)

I also think the point has been made. So, the thread can go under/closed.

Edited by C2B

Yep. Reading an article on the newest DLC (epic adventure and content that doesn't mean a thing!!) for it pissed me off so much that I went from the $140 tier to the $750.

You mean the 10$ DLC that took me roughly 4 hours to play through (I never play new content very fast) and offered me pretty much zero replayability? It certainly made me quite exited when OE used the term "expansion" instead of "DLC". Altough in fairness, the OWB for FO:NV was a DLC, and an awesome one as well.

Edited by Kai

People are people and there will be at least a few of the OO that will make a lot of the others facepalm really hard, It is what it is.....for the most part we have been ok so far.

You can't choose your RL family...or your OO family. Both will cause facepalms :facepalm:

You mean putting together a triology with an amazing story in the first two singleplayer focused games

:blink:

You've lost me here.

[intelligence] I'm fighting the Good Fight with my posts.