Best case scenario is ofc that everything they want in the game get put into the game. However as people might know content tend to get cut for whatever reason, time, lore, money, to many bugs... What i hope is that Obsidian consider is that they leave cut content on the disc. That way people can mod it in (with some modifications).

So what do people think? Comments? Agree? Flames? cookies?

If any content was cut for release, they would either not release and push the date back, or finish it and slide it into an update or free content expansion.

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

If any content was cut for release, they would either not release and push the date back, or finish it and slide it into an update or free content expansion.

Just like a movie sometimes things just end up on the editing room floor. It doesn't always mean some feature was cut just to get the game out the door.

Best case scenario is ofc that everything they want in the game get put into the game. However as people might know content tend to get cut for whatever reason, time, lore, money, to many bugs... What i hope is that Obsidian consider is that they leave cut content on the disc. That way people can mod it in (with some modifications).

So what do people think? Comments? Agree? Flames? cookies?

Like they did with Fallout: New Vegas right?

Some content may be cut during the Beta due to tester feedback. Some cut during the design stage. Some cut and pushed back to the expansion. While OE doesn't have a publisher breathing down their necks, they do have a lot of people wanting to play the final version of P:E at some point. I'm not expecting no cuts, but I'm not expecting KOTOR2 levels either.

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

Cut content from Obsidian games usually is result of Executive Meddling. LucasArts didn't even allow them to patch it in later for KotoR 2. And from what I see of the mod team that "restores" content for FNV, nothing interesting was cut from that.

A topic about cut content when the game hasn't even start full production yet? WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE on this part of the OE forums?

Also This!

A topic about cut content when the game hasn't even start full production yet? WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE on this part of the OE forums?

Also This!

Well, to be fair, Obsidian does have a reputation.

And now we get to see if the reputation is deserved or not.

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

Also This!

Well, to be fair, Obsidian does have a reputation.

We'll see if that holds. And I'll say that in KotOR 2 as well, I don't see much betterment with the TSLRCM.

And I thought you would be quoting my argument :grin:

• Like 1

I don't see how this is a problem. Content gets cut because:

a) deadlines,

b) it doesn't work well with the rest of the game.

They don't have a publisher looming over their heads, so they can push the release date if need be. I'll be happy to wait another month or two so that they have enough time to finish the game - it's supposed to be large after all, and this new city might take more time than they expected.

If the content doesn't fit in the game, however, then I don't want it in. It's better to leave several quests and NPCs out than to end up with an inconsistent world and self-contradictory lore.

Edited by Rosveen

I don't see how this is a problem. Content gets cut because:

a) deadlines,

b) it doesn't work well with the rest of the game.

They don't have a publisher looming over their heads, so they can push the release date if need be. I'll be happy to wait another month or two so that they have enough time to finish the game - it's supposed to be large after all, and this new city might take more time than they expected.

Hence why I have no issue with the lack of new stretch goal that some are bummed about. More money means more time to get things right.

If the content doesn't fit in the game, however, then I don't want it in. It's better to leave several quests and NPCs out than to end up with an inconsistent world and self-contradictory lore.

Nothing drives fans nuts more than an inconsistent world (i.e. Fallout 3 with the radiation immune companion and the forced self-sacrifice "good" ending)

EDITED: added clarity to comment

Edited by deamon451

If something isn't working, they should cut it.

If something isn't working, they should fix it.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Not everything is fixable. I was talking more about things that would get cut due to it not really adding something to the game. For example, if there's some mechanic that they thought would be cool but in practice it really bogs down combat, then they are going to (and should) cut it. Even if they happened to have mentioned it to the backers.

We'll see if that holds. And I'll say that in KotOR 2 as well, I don't see much betterment with the TSLRCM.

;(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

;(

I'm sorry, I really am, but that's how I feel. I don't care about helping Zhevron with where to place his soldiers(well I could tell him where, but there is no option). Neither about murdering Visas(or having to watch her cutscene with Nihilus, because it's now unskippable). Nor about choosing my own adventure after Malachor. Now if the forced companion recruitment was changed, as well as adding more neutral choices to saint/complete monster cases, it would be good.

Edited by kenup