Spend the extra money on QA

Do you want a polished, bug-free game?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should extra funds go to Quality Assurance?

• Yes! Divert the extra funds to QA.
    • No, I want an extra class/race/pet/mount/whatever

This thread while better than most of the crap spawning up these days, is still unnecessary. They won't release the game until it's polished enough, money made doesn't matter.

Kinda agree with you, I trust Obsidian too. I guess the point is that since Obsidian will deliver a polished product, more promised content means a longer development time. I'm happy with the game as it looks right now. No need to add more to it.

I'm sure it'll be polished brilliantly. Will it be bug-free? I doubt it. I honestly can't think of any game that was 100% bug-free at launch. I trust Obsidian to minimize it as much as humanly possible, and to patch out what's left.

(\)(;,,;)(/)

Cthulhu/Dagon

Vote Elder Party!

I voted no, just do the regular QA, with early beta access for several thousand people already purchased spending excess money of QA would be a waste. More issues and bugs will be found by regular people through beta access, contrary to some peoples belief that is what beta access is for.

He didn't mean a stretch goal for polish, he meant a stretch goal for anything would bring in more pledges and more pledges mean more cash and more cash means bigger budget which means more allocated to QA...and everything else.

No stretch goal means some people might decide not to pledge any more and we also get polls like this with people trying to allocate money they think is just going to be floating around with nothing to do.

Its nice to have someone who understands what I'm getting at.

I agree also that money for polishing was inherant to the game and asking for polishing as a stretch goal is incredibly insulting to Obsidian, its saying your expecting a buggy game in the first place.

Two when they have all the money they need for polishing, which honestly they already do, what do the the rest? Spend it on Hookers and Blow as someone else suggested on these forums :p (btw that still makes me LMFAO).

What nobody is mentioning is that Obsidian was aiming for april 2014 as a release date from the beginning. Considering the game is already 2x larger content-wise than it was at the start, I'd figure time will be short, unless they delay release. What I'm saying is that adding more content with extra stretch goals will only make the time issue stricter.

Looks like Obsidian might really invest the extra money into polishing the game:

This morning the team is discussing what to do with those remaining eight hours or so. They don't really want to add more to the already enormous game, so Urquhart says he thinks they'll instead invest any more money donated into polish.

"That was the last stretch goal," he said. "It's almost that the game has gotten to be the size it needs to be. Now we just need to fill it out even more."

Source

Feargus on KS just now:

We will do things like the following - add quests, variations on attack animations, unique spell effects, unique animation rigs with less rig sharing, art time spend on unique item art, more portraits. I guess that is "more" stuff, but it is to make the game more dense than broadening the borders. It will mean more game time and more replayability as well.

Great stuff indeed!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It would be stupid to think 1000 backers doing closed beta are as good as QA.

Heck, I doubt even 10% of them are going to properly test, most probably just play it, never give designers any feedback, let stand bugs.

So unless you want the most buggy game ever, QA is vital.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee