3.5 Million - Congratulations Obsidian!

Wow, I was quite skeptical about the 3.5 million mark and really happy to see this. Congratulations to Obsidian, and I hope that this enthusiastic support and vote of confidence supplies you with some much needed energy during the road ahead. Happy for you guys!

Edited by Windemere

Kickstarter has just passed the 3.5 million mark ($ 3,513,875)! I think the extra 13K should be used to buy more bubbly to celebrate ;)

Ummmm.....106k raised on paypal will be counted too and kickstarter will rise at LEAST another 100k in the remaining 10 hrs though I suspect it'll be closer to another 200k. So yeah....we're quite likely to get another stretch goal or two....maybe after the end.

1zq6793.jpg

Good job. They need to add a final stretchgoal somewhere near $3.8M for the last 10 hours and see what happens.

TB combat - fingers crossed - and it will happen, har har.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

With less than 10 hours left I doubt we're getting more stretch goals. I could be wrong, obviously.

They extended the stretch goal map to a castle.....we are definitely getting something else, this much seems pretty clear, though it may not be announced until after kickstarter ends.

1zq6793.jpg

The castle could be the end of the campaign. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Not this time....it's too obvious, too big and half of the image is now empty which highlights the way to the castle a bit too much. At this point it's very likely they'll pass the 3.5 mil goal by at LEAST 200k though it'll likely be by 300 to 400k(including paypal)....hell even the 4 mil would not surprise me now. They WILL announce additional game features with those extra money, that much should be pretty clear.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

To be honest, I don't want another stretch goal. They could bite more than they can chew. I'd rather use more money as a backup, because development usualy don't go as fast and well as planned, and backup budget for necessary finalizing/testing/polishing can be quite useful thing in later stage of development:).

We all played Obsidian games and we know they haven't been the best in knowing what the can deliver under given time/money constrains:).

I would assume that the stretch targets take into account their project deadlines, so the additional funds are actually hiring more people and accounting for the management hours needed to deal with a larger team. I may be overly optimistic though.

To be honest, I don't want another stretch goal. They could bite more than they can chew. I'd rather use more money as a backup, because development usualy don't go as fast and well as planned, and backup budget for necessary finalizing/testing/polishing can be quite useful thing in later stage of development:).

We all played Obsidian games and we know they haven't been the best in knowing what the can deliver under given time/money constrains:).

But they are using significantly older and cheaper development tools....these are veterans that worked with the newest high-tech gaming tools and highest AAA development budgets(which are far more unstable and harder to manage btw) in games like New Vegas and Alpha Protocol. I am more than certain they have a good handle on what they promise and their budget.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

Yes! (I have to say that I didn't believe that it could be possible few days ago, and I'm happy to see that I was wrong!)

I can imagine the pressure that Obsidian's crew has to endure now with all the excitement from fans. But whatever the time it will take, whatever the OE choices will be, now I am sure that It will be worth it.

Good job. They need to add a final stretchgoal somewhere near $3.8M for the last 10 hours and see what happens.

Personally I don't think they need to add anything more. I'd rather they just use the "extra" money to make all the promises they've already made.

Personally I don't think they need to add anything more. I'd rather they just use the "extra" money to make all the promises they've already made.

No, they don't specifically "need" to - bad wording on my part - but it could boost the final rush even further, and there are still things unannounced I would gladly pay more for.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I would be perfectly happy if after the game is complete they spend the extra money on candy and just keep streaming live DnD campaigns. was fun to watch.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I wonder if the gals and guys at Obsidian are having a well-deserved sleep-in this morning, considering the late night D&D campaign. Great surprise when they arrive at office and check the KS update.

A million thanks to all of you at Obsidian for bringing a great new "old style" RPG to us!

This is epic!

:dancing: