$4 million stretch goal: Some kind of Co-op(stronghold defense/side-stories)

127 members have voted

1. 1. Does this sound appealing to you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Ehh, it's okay
  2. 2. Would you want some sort of co-op in an expansion?

• Yes
    • No
    • Eh, maybe.

I was thinking that for a stretch goal, we could have some sort of co-op, NOT involving the main story. This co-op would either take place in short side stories or possibly a "wave" based game involving the stronghold.

You're friend would enter your stronghold, help you prepare, and then the both, or 4 of you would fend off waves of enemies from the stronghold. Rewards could possibly include upgrading your stronghold or something else.

It could either user your stronghold from the main story ( I like), or just have a stronghold that you defend (not necessarily in main game).

I really like this idea since it doesn't change the single player at all and it gives us an opportunity to play with our friends!

Feel free to comment on whether you like it or not, or if you have suggestions.

Edited by theADOLESCENT

A co-op limited in mega dungeon.

A PVP limited in a arena.(Like a NWN mod)

OK, I think we need to search some cover...

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

personally i am looking forward to a single player campaign that focuses on good story elements and doesnt have resources going towards co-op, especially with limited resources. I would be fine if co-op was in the expansion or perhaps a sequel, but for this i am looking forward to what it is i guess.

a wave assault mode is always welcome along with new game + modes. cant think of a game that was made worse by including them.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Not enough money, would need to be $5m.

You think so? Even for something like stronghold defense?

Any multiplayer game that's any good takes a lot of time balancing, adding matchmaking, and dedicated server. If the players can't synergise and cooperate, what's the point? That would be a hell of a lot of work requiring quite a few more salaries.

• Like 1

No. Lots of other threads about MP/co-op, you should read them.

Related interviews and dev posts linked in sig, which all boil down to: It's too much work and money for very little gain and no actual content while historically after people ask for a co-op experience, it's very rarely used after game ship.

It's impossible to "limit" the development of MP to a certain area in the core game because all the extra work in implementation and debugging would still have to happen as if MP was a part of the game engine--i.e. it's not "less" work at all.

Then it's a bad idea to include it from ground up in a sequel because the SP content would suffer (yes, there's dev cite in sig), unless there's a lot of money to throw at the whole thing, which make it a different beast from the original.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

The time and money is certainly a concern. Lets be honest, it takes time to make stuff. And I don't think many backers wish to see the project being delay just to implement these additional feature which is a whole new thing for the reasons mentioned by others (balancing, the infrastructure to host servers, etc etc.)

If they release this as an expansion pack, I have absolutely no problem with it. In fact I will be excited. But lets have the complete PE first which is what this project started out as. Extra stuff can always come later. :yes:

I'm against tacking on multiplayer and I'm also against tacked on minigames. This idea seems to hit both squarely.

Maybe a sequel could have a more comprehensive co-op multiplayer, but I don't see it making this game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No interest in a multi-player aspects of the game.

I'm not going to be upset if they were to include it and could make it work without effecting the single player game....but I don't think they can. This project wasn't designed from the beginning to feature multi-player and trying to add it on at this point would be courting disaster, IMO.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I really wish people would stop asking for multiplayer. :mellow:

The developers have said repeatedly that they want to focus on making the best single player experience possible. Even with extra funds, multiplayer is a distraction from that goal.

I think that's how games should be in general personally - either exclusively single player, or exclusively multiplayer - not both.

• Like 1

Not just co-op, but asking co-op UNIQUE content (so taking them time to make stuff for that they could make for all of us).

You, sir, are asking the worst of the worst :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I was thinking that for a stretch goal, we could have some sort of co-op, NOT involving the main story. This co-op would either take place in short side stories or possibly a "wave" based game involving the stronghold.

You're friend would enter your stronghold, help you prepare, and then the both, or 4 of you would fend off waves of enemies from the stronghold. Rewards could possibly include upgrading your stronghold or something else.

It could either user your stronghold from the main story ( I like), or just have a stronghold that you defend (not necessarily in main game).

I really like this idea since it doesn't change the single player at all and it gives us an opportunity to play with our friends!

Excellent. A solid, palpable 'C', verging on C+ if you hadn't used such an obvious forum name. Keep at it, young padowan,

sonsofgygax.JPG

I would like full voiceovers for characters like in Dragon Age...

not co -op ...it nonsense... Lets enhance single player experience...not multiplayer....

If anyone wants that i suggest go play MMO ...there are plenty where you can co-op with your buddies...

but not here...

Excellent. A solid, palpable 'C', verging on C+ if you hadn't used such an obvious forum name. Keep at it, young padowan,

It's a name I made about 6 years ago, I'm 21 now. But you're very clever.

If people don't like the idea of multiplayer, that's totally fine. It's an idea I thought would be fun and while I have read a lot of the updates on P:E, I haven't read about the "multiplayer takes away from single player" articles.

If I have more free time, I'll be sure to check them out.

Firstarioch, full voice overs are expensive as hell, it's not going to happen. When DA was released and people were asking why the protagonist wasn't voiced Georg Zoeller (or however you spell his name), one of the then Bioware devs, pointed out that the game would be half as long if they had to pony up the cash for that. And then, sadly, we got DA2..........

Thankfully Obsidian have repeatedly said no multiplayer and no co-op, this is a single player experience and their efforts are all going into this.

Edited by Clammo