Members of the Obsidian Order!

I propose to the developers that our order be awarded an envoy in the game. Preferably it should be one of our own.

I am thinking of the kind of fan appreciation CDprojekt implemented in The Witcher 2 where one or more fans were included as NPC's in the game.

In my mind our Caretaker Farudan would be a great candidate.

• In these last days Farudan has taken over the function of inducting new members and maintaining our rolls.

• Farudan also provided valuable assistance to the developers with creating their German Website

Those contributions are appreciated by us all and helped increase the awareness of the game....

please take the poll and tell us if you think it is a good idea

Edited by Anaeme

For some reason the poll does not seem to be accepting votes at the time of my posting. Ack.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Unless the total extra contributions (at ~$8 a pop) are in excess of ten thousand, I do not think more than a single shield is what they should get. After all, it's not like they have a hierarchy, functions, are providing extra advertisement in handouts at colleges and dormitories and rich parties. Word of mouth and internet mention is what we're all loaning, but I think the Obsidian Order is a "fun thing" and not an official fanclub (yet).

Given time and Obsidian interaction, there might indeed be an official fan club for "Eternity" and/or Obsidian Entertainment. I think such a thing might have to wait for a dice and book role-playing game as well as a magazine and maybe a LARP. Heh. Maybe theme restaurants too. :)

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

I propose to the developers that our order be awarded an envoy in the game. Preferably it should be one of our own.

I am thinking of the kind of fan appreciation CDprojekt implemented in The Witcher 2 where one or more fans were included as NPC's in the game.

• In these last days Farudan has taken over the function of inducting new members and maintaining our rolls.

• Farudan also provided valuable assistance to the developers with creating their German Website

Those contributions are appreciated by us all and helped increase the awareness of the game....

I am interested in why you feel your order should get any recognition above anyone else who has contributed financially towards PE? I am not being funny, I am genuinely curious. There are many people who are not part of your order that have

• paid good money towards KS
  • Are ardent fans and believe in PE
  • Promote the game on all forums they can

So what makes you guys special?

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am interested in why you feel your order should get any recognition above anyone else who has contributed financially towards PE? I am not being funny, I am genuinely curious. There are many people who are not part of your order that have

Yes, this is a good point. Although I've joined the OO, they don't deserve more recognition or fan service than other fans of the game. There's a danger that people are going to end up thinking that the $8 bought them a lot more than the name.

That said, of course I'm very happy for the devs to recognise any fans that they feel have made a contribution to the project, irrespective of their membership of any particular group.

• Like 3

Exactly how does the order broadly being recognized in game effect anyone that has donated? It is not specifically mentioning those who donated names (unless the idea, which I believe to be a bad one, of recognizing a specific member as the op suggests is adopted). It is no more than a fun easter egg/ shout out to a group of fans who banded together to support the game, a large group of fans at that. Self entitlement sucks. It is not rewarding specific individuals more than others, it is a general shout out to fans of the game, honoring them in general. As long as they keep it subtle and make it fit in with the rest of the lore, there is nothing but good that will come from the recognition.

I fail to see your point in all of this, as long as individuals are not mentioned. Collectively the order has donated well over $1,000 in additional pledges, which is the point where you get a say in lore. There is nothing disproportional about this, nor would there be even if that not the case, as again with no specific names given it would be nothing more than a fun easter egg benefiting no one in particular.

Edited by dukeofyork

Exactly how does the order broadly being recognized in game effect anyone that has donated? It is not specifically mentioning those who donated names (unless the idea, which I believe to be a bad one, of recognizing a specific member as the op suggests is adopted). It is no more than a fun easter egg/ shout out to a group of fans who banded together to support the game, a large group of fans at that. Self entitlement sucks. It is not rewarding specific individuals more than others, it is a general shout out to fans of the game, honoring them in general. As long as they keep it subtle and make it fit in with the rest of the lore, there is nothing but good that will come from the recognition.

I fail to see your point in all of this, as long as individuals are not mentioned. Collectively the order has donated well over $1,000 in additional pledges, which is the point where you get a say in lore. There is nothing disproportional about this, nor would there be even if that not the case, as again with no specific names given it would be nothing more than a fun easter egg benefiting no one in particular.

I am a little confused. Isn't this whole post about recognizing one particular member? I am opposed to that, and if I understand your post correctly so are you. So there is no disagreement here

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela