Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Jigawatts

So in FR canon the Bhaalspawn who managed to defeat a demi-goddess, a supermage, Kangaxx, dragons, mindflayers, beholders, and a ****load of other powerful creatures was a 4th level fighter?

Eiter 4th level in 5e is insane or the fellows in charge of the lore have done a **** job.

They just assumed everyone just Ctrl+Y'd their way through the whole trilogy. Or maybe this is in revenge for players chunking Drizzt at every opportunity. :teehee:

The protagonist becoming the Slayer through knowing himself is in my opinion the weakest part of the above argument, i'd also think the Slayer would manifest when the human element was removed, a la Imoen's soulless state.

Imoen herself suggests this is because the Bhaal essence is simply more concentrated in charname than in her. This is later confirmed by Yaga-Shura in ToB—unsurprisingly, charname has more Bhaal essence than anyone!!1

Regardless, WotC have determined that, to mark their release of 5th ed., the guy who fought Melissan for the right to ascend to godhood and won is just a level 4 fighter. Take that, BG fans! :teehee:

And that's not even the worst part, tbh. I thought charname becoming a duke of Baldur's Gate and the marshall of Flaming Fist was pretty cool, though.

Yeah, I actually liked the concept for the first act, with the the attack on the crowd and the result of the assassination attempt being largely irrelevant to what ends up happening. And it's kinda clever that they dug up Viekang. But given the absurd power levels of famous people in the FR setting, it's weird that they chose this particular bit of lore to create an entry-level adventure.

Well, low level is built into the format of the modules. Otoh, the modules themselves dont't include stats, so you could run it at a higher level, too. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

...my lord...that is a lot worse sounding than I expected.

But totally plausible as to how a player would react if that situation had presented itself in-game. In a way I'm impressed. 

People would want to try and romance Bodhi? :huh: What part decaying, undead vampire lord of a guild of vampire murderers who are abducting normal people and turning them into vampires says fun times to you? :p Silly promancers...:p

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Bodhi%20final_resizedsmaller.jpg

Ehm, yeah, no thanks...

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

She's cold, because she's an undead.

• Like 2

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

She's Slayer snacks.

Running around after bats all whacked up on Slayer snacks.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!