Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Jigawatts

Having BG always on my pc, I decided to check. No new rendering of old locations, it's exactly the same, except that those JPGs are of low quality.

Just to clarify we are talking about BG2, are you saying that BG2 EE won't have additional areas to explore?

It's not what I said, no. Azure said that old areas have been re-rendered in a different way. That's not the case.

Yeah, I was mistaken. Seems like it is actually "remastered area artwork from original renders"

I just wish they'd do something about the cr.ap still cluttering up the inventory window in BG:EE. I know they added a "save note" function, which helps a little, but all of the other sundry quest items still take up space and you never quite know when to dump it.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Is it possible to use the plethora of mods or shadowkeeper yet?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Guest Slinky

Tweak pack already supports EE, and more tweaks will be available once the EE 1.2 patch comes. Don't know about the rest of them, but since the fix pack is already in EE, tweak pack is the only thing I really need.

Haven't yet bought BG EE, but I might after I see how BG2 EE turns out.

No. 99% mods don't support EE, although some will eventually, but there's just tonns of smaller mods that aren't being maintained anymore (and they don't need to be, they've been finalized), but are still very interesting. Thus, no point in playing EE.

Don't know about shadowkeeper.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Shadowkeeper has worked to begin with...just have to mess around a little. I think you have to go into the My Documents folder for the game and put the english (or whatever language you're using) dialogue.tlk in the base game directory as well as your saves folder, (and then move back your saves after finishing editing). It's been a while though, so that might not be entirely correct. Also, if I recall correctly, someone was working on a version of Shadowkeeper that natively supports BG:EE a while back. Don't know what came of it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Oh, here we go with the shill theory again. I bet Oster and Muzyka are members of the Rosicrucians, as well. Illuminati, definitely.

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Forum marketing is akin to social media marketing, there are companies that do exactly that and I've hired one in the past when I launched an internet project a few years back.

I bet.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Forum marketing is akin to social media marketing, there are companies that do exactly that and I've hired one in the past when I launched an internet project a few years back.

Now now Bester, lets not judge everyone by your lack of integrity :biggrin:

I work for a global software company and I can promise you that this company doesn't hire people to spread false praise for there various products on there many forums. There products work, they have there issues and these can't be hidden. But that's why you have support services and technical forums where you discuss and get help around bugs or inconsistencies with how the software works.

• Like 6

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Now now Bester, lets not judge everyone by your lack of integrity :biggrin:

LOL

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If I was Trent Oster, I'd have hired fake forum posters praising EE as well.

If you're referring to me, (which is possible, given that I've supported the project in the past), it should be noted that I still prefer Baldur's Gate Trilogy, (the mod that puts BG1 into BG2 and you can play both), infinitely over BG:EE. :) The fact that there are basically what I consider to be "fanfic" party members in the game bothers me enough that I would probably prefer playing BG even through the original engine over it.   :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I really doubt that Beamdog would hire someone to post on random forums to praise the game. I think it is possible that they create an account for their own forums for posting ideas without having to worry about possible negative reactions, but that is quite different.

And unless you are on a Mac, BGT is the better deal, IMO.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I really doubt that Beamdog would hire someone to post on random forums to praise the game. I think it is possible that they create an account for their own forums for posting ideas without having to worry about possible negative reactions, but that is quite different.

And unless you are on a Mac, BGT is the better deal, IMO.

I can't help but read your posts with Scottish accent, stop doing it to me ok?

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I love the sensation of having my mind expanded through creative and meaningful discourse. Where can I find that?

I recommend talking to yourself.

• Like 2

I love the sensation of having my mind expanded through creative and meaningful discourse. Where can I find that?

I recommend talking to yourself.

Tried that, but we had irreconcilable differences... :p

• Like 8

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 3 weeks later...